Launching The Application

Launching The Application

A Story by James Luke
"

An application is published after the test phase, when you have certainty about their proper functioning, stability, performance, and is considered free of errors, both usability and design.

"
Article Source By iPhone Application Development Company
An application is published after the test phase, when you have certainty about their proper functioning, stability, performance, and is considered free of errors, both usability and design. The process of publication in each of the stores is a relatively easy and well documented. Before you begin, it is important to be prepared and have all the resources required design and make sure that the application complies with the policies of publication of the stores to avoid being rejected or blocked. An application can take several days to be approved, especially when it is the first time it is sent. Keep in mind this time, especially if you want to match its release with some special time of year such as Christmas, Also recalled that the publication is not free. Both Google Play, as in App Store and Windows Phone Store, you must assume a cost to initiate the process which varies in each case. In Google Play you need to pay $ 25 for the only time when creating the account for publication. For App Store payment is greater, amounting to $ 99 also payable annually; this situation is identical to that presented for Windows Phone developers. Create your account to publication and to make the payment, can access a range of management tools and statistics on the number of download of the app and monetization.

The approval process

Upload an application does not guarantee they publish it, because it must undergo an approval process is different in each store. The process in Google Play is more open and tolerate with an obvious advantage: most applications are published, unless violate clearly one of the store policies, in which case they can be removed and ultimately, if the situation requires, the account may be suspended developer. Of course, this facility to post mean that many applications of doubtful utility among all the alternatives offered by the store can be found. By contrast, in App Store approval is particularly rigorous, designed to ensure a certain quality standard application publishing policy, but in some cases may rub exaggeration. The Complete Guide causes of rejection are available to enter the developer account. Just to name a few, we can mention those that refer to non-original or similar to other existing content, applications that are not finished for example if they are in the form of demonstration or probe- or represent an affront to people, religions or include content inappropriate for children. In the case of Windows Phone, the application must also pass a certification process in which verified that meets the standards of the store. The most important aspects to consider for an app to be approved are the overall appearance which leaves no room for doubt about what operating system belongs, contains no frills or unnecessary items and make use of the buttons and system- contend quality.

Publication or distribution outside stores

The option to distribute applications through official stores is undoubtedly the most recommended, as this system is supported by a mechanism that is responsible, inter alia, to provide the necessary resources to manage payments by downloading and within the application, as well as advertising. However, it is not the only way.

Alternatives to Google Play

Android has several options if you want to avoid, or complementary- publication in Google Play, as this is not the only way. There are other stores also offer downloads of applications for this operating system, such as apps store Amazon or Samsung.Alternatively, one may propose to download directly from a website. With a link to the application file, anyone can download and install an app on your phone without problems. The only requirement is that the user must be enabled in the mobile configuration option to install applications terrors. Another way to distribute an Android application is via email. Being only one file, it can easily be sent by this means for people installed. If these settings are ready to install applications, the "Install Now" button will appear in the same email.This option is recommended for test users and trust, and when you want to maintain some independence from the shops, with the limitations that implies. Clearly, the biggest drawback of is that paves the way to unauthorized piracy and distribution, as anyone who has the file can send it to a third party without the consent to do so.

iOSand Windows Phone, just to test

For iOS and Windows Phone independent distribution is not as free and massive. Before being included in App Store or Windows Phone Store, the application can be sent to individual users, but must be pre-authorized, one by one, the accounts of people who will use the app on your phone. This way of distributing the application has no other purpose than to make it circulate within a company or make it available to a select and limited group of users that can test it and comment before the applications released publicly. This practice is especially recommended to ensure good performance in different terminals and operating system versions.

After the release

Working in an application does not end once it has been released and is published in stores. In fact, there begins a more exciting time because the product is in the hands of real users. The app has been his suit and finally is in the call. This means that those who use it will begin to share their experience and impressions, along with usage statistics and discharges will serve as a reference for improving the implementation and correct those defects in design or functionality that, despite previous efforts, passed overlooked. Such improvements lead to increased quality of implementation, which in turn will result in a greater number of downloads and more positive comments. Users are those at the voice of the application and it is better to keep them happy. Likewise, the views of the press and the media can lead to more downloads.

User comments

Good way feedbacks are the opinions of the users. And this refers not only almost always Positives comments circle of friends, but those who come from people who have nothing to do with our environment. Once uploaded to the store, each application receives ratings and reviews. Although not all are helpful, it is important to pay attention to these comments to identify among them those that are truly useful, No one better than the users who have already downloaded the application to -meaning or not testing her. Reports malfunction, design or usability reviews, among other things, can be found in the comments of users; follow, is a good tool to continuously improve the app.

Use Analytics

As is usually done on the web, it is possible to compile statistics on the use of the application, through analytical tools designed especially for mobile, Analytical possible to study the behavior of users to use the application, such as navigation and interaction patterns among others. Thus, it can be known, for example, what were the most visited screens and how they got them. It is also possible to know which buttons and other elements interacts more users. Other information that may be helpful and is obtained through analytical retention time is, namely, the amount of time spent by users within the app.

However, all information that can be obtained on application usage, it is important to focus on the key analytical indicators -Key Performance Indicator or KPI- that make sense for the type of app that has developed. As we saw earlier, there are different kinds of applications and each requires different metrics. For example, for a game can be important to study the retention time and the number of times the user reopens. But in the case of a social network, it would be interesting to analyze how new content is published or how many times are shared.

© 2014 James Luke


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on November 22, 2014
Last Updated on November 22, 2014
Tags: Android, Application, Development

Author

James Luke
James Luke

New York, NY



About
Apps Developer more..

Writing