Why LED plant lights need heat dissipation

Why LED plant lights need heat dissipation

A Story by Thump
"

LED plant lights and all electrical products, as in the process of use will produce heat, resulting in increased ambient temperature and temperature.

"
All electronic products need heat dissipation, LED plant lights are no exception, often work for a long time, the heat generated will be very much, if you do not solve the problem of heat dissipation, first of all, it will affect the LED plant light beads light decay and other issues, and secondly, it may cause a short-circuit circuit, and finally it will always affect the service life of the LED plant lights.

In fact, there are two kinds of plant lights: high-power plant lights and low-power plant lights.LED plant lights and all electrical products, as in the process of use will produce heat, resulting in increased ambient temperature and temperature. At present, small power LED plant lights can be used without special heat dissipation measures, only need to make a basic heat dissipation structure, because LED plant lights electro-optical conversion efficiency, relatively no heat generation.

High-power LED plant lights are not. If you ignore the problem of heat dissipation, not only will affect the service life of the LED plant lights, but also burned out the lamp, but also affect the normal growth of irradiated plants.

In the manufacturing process of LED plant grow lights, heat dissipation is an important part. At present, the main heat dissipation measures taken by LED plant grow lights are as follows:

(1) Fan cooling:

The principle of using a fan to transfer the heat generated by LED plant lights into the air is simple. And daily use of the same cooling principle of the computer TV, the fan is used to convection air, to ensure that the air temperature around the heat generator is not too high, simply through the fan, the LED plant grow lights generated and transferred to the air in the hot air, and then replenish the room temperature air, to achieve the effect of heat dissipation.

2) Natural heat dissipation:

Natural heat dissipation means that there is no need for external measures, working directly inside the LED plant lights. The main principle is to make the LED plant grow lights have a larger contact area with the air and use components with better thermal conductivity for better production of the lamps. Heat is transferred to the air and then through natural convection, that is, the hot air rises and the cold air fills the position, so as to achieve the purpose of cooling LED plant lights.

At present, the main use of heat dissipation fins, lamp shells, system circuit boards, etc., is also a relatively low cost, good heat dissipation, widely used in a variety of electrical equipment.

3) Electromagnetic heat dissipation:

Electromagnetic heat dissipation is called electromagnetic jet cooling. Instead of using a fan to convection gas, electromagnetic vibration is used to drive the cavity in the film to vibrate, so that the air is constantly circulating to achieve the effect of heat dissipation. The technical difficulty is complex. Some LED products have been listed and applied.

The benefits of LED plant light heat dissipation are:

1.Relatively extend the service life of LED plant light, the service life of LED plant light is about 50,000 hours. If the heat dissipation is not good, the internal structure will age faster, and the service life of the lamps and lanterns will certainly shrink dramatically.

2.Light efficiency, any artificial light source has light decay, a very important factor affecting the speed of light decay is the temperature, high temperature will accelerate the aging of materials, the same use of LED plant lights, the same use of 50,000 hours, a high temperature environment in the temperature of the safe light, the irradiated crop is undoubtedly the latter, the total yield and quality are higher than the former.

3.LED plant lights effective heat dissipation configuration also helps to control the ambient temperature. Plant lights, if not heated, the local temperature around the lights for a long time is slightly higher, the state of plant growth will certainly be different from the rest. This is not conducive to the overall temperature control of the greenhouse or plant factory.

LED plant light heat dissipation test

LED plant light heat dissipation performance is directly related to its service life as well as lamp bead luminous efficiency, want to see its heat dissipation performance, experiment a in a specific space for a period of time to increase the temperature to an equilibrium state, its internal structure will not be destroyed, and within a certain period of time, the LED plant light temperature of the various parts of the lamp will not be with the high-intensity work time lengthened and increased.

In cold regions, planting medicinal plants and tomatoes, the need to raise the temperature of the planting environment, in fact, the temperature rise of the LED plant lights play a big role, in fact, you can reduce the additional cost of temperature control and reduce the waste of energy. According to the actual scenario of the application, choose the corresponding LED plant lights.

In addition to heat dissipation there are several other aspects that need attention:

Optical performance aspects

In addition to the consideration of red and blue light ratios, it is also necessary to consider parameters such as luminous flux, luminous intensity, spectrum, luminous efficiency, colour temperature, etc., because different plants have different needs for red and blue light, luminous intensity, spectrum and colour temperature.

Electrical performance

Need to pay attention to the drive current and DC conversion, and need to pay attention to voltage reduction, leakage, static electricity, otherwise it will cause damage to the LED plant light beads and light decay, as well as people's safety.

Radiation safety aspects of the human body

LED plant lights of blue light and other electronic products, the same as the human eye is harmful, this aspect needs attention, so usually need to bring anti-blue light goggles to protect the eyes.

The hazards of blue light:

1.Blue light will aggravate retinal macular disease;

2.Blue light can lead to fundus damage after cataract surgery;

3.Blue light can trigger blurred vision, leading to visual fatigue;

4.Blue light can cause glare;

5.Blue light can inhibit the secretion of melatonin, disturbing sleep.

So when buying LED high power plant lights, the reliability of heat dissipation is an important technical indicator, and the yield and quality of the planted crop will be directly reflected in the later stage. So in addition to considering the price, the heat dissipation of LED plant lights is also worth paying attention to.

© 2023 Thump


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on December 27, 2023
Last Updated on December 27, 2023
Tags: agriculture, indoor farming, plant light

Author

Thump
Thump

Shanghai, Minhang, China



About
Given the increasingly high value of space and time, Mobile Vertical Grow Systems optimize indoor farming and growing facilities to make the most use of space, return a high yield harvest, ensure empl.. more..

Writing