Battle of the Sexes

Battle of the Sexes

A Story by Mockingbird

Have you ever heard that boys are smarter than girls when it comes to mathematics? Or that girls are superior to boys when it comes to depicting emotions? Or any other generalization pertaining to one gender being better than the other at a certain topic or subject?

As much as I’d like to defend the female race and claim that we’re better than males at everything, science says otherwise and could easily prove me wrong.

While men have a mechanistic thought process, women are much more mentalist. When men are faced with relationship problems, they attempt to figure them out like a puzzle while women, when faced with technological problems, treat the intimate objects as if they were humans with thoughts and feelings.

During evolution, men were faced with the pressures of being wonderful and superior fighters, using their mental capabilities to invent and create tools and weapons. Women, on the other hand, needed empathizing characteristics for various aspects of nurturing. They needed to have the capability to understand infants while befriending the people and creatures of their new environments.

According to Satoshi Kanazawa, writer for the Scientific Fundamentalist, men’s brains were chemically created to analyze situations and construct systematic, organized plans. On the other hand, woman’s brains were formed the way they are to have the ability of understanding the thoughts and emotions of people in order to appropriately respond to them while forming an emotional connection.

Even though not all men have the typical male brain and not all women have the typical female brain, it is most common that they do. A typical male with a male brain and a typical female with a female brain would make a wonderful match due to the fact that their brains would complement each other.

© 2011 Mockingbird


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like your style.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
1 Review
Added on December 28, 2011
Last Updated on December 29, 2011
Tags: sexes, gender, brains, science

Author

Mockingbird
Mockingbird

Colorado Springs, CO



About
I have a tendency of never finishing my writing, partially because I'm afraid of how they will turn out and partially because I run out of ideas. So, more likely than not, my submissions onto this .. more..

Writing