::masks::

::masks::

A Poem by Christopher Michael Smith
"

Such lengths we go to in order to fit into this ridiculous society we were born into. Why must we complain about it. Words are nothing without action. Take a gander. Maybe a light will flicker in your mind's eye. Maybe these words will awaken your aw

"

These masks no longer satisfy.
Many weep of a depressing life, yet we continue to do the same things.
Just spectators watching time fly by.
Just another sad soul, always questioning, why?
This reality does not have to exist.
We allow it to by submitting to its demands.
Live in misery satisfying other people's plans.
We are dead center, stuck in the Ego.
Trapped in a world of debt, just because the 'authority' tells us so.

Words.
Just words.

We need only ourselves to manifest the society we deserve.
This creation is truly disturbed.
The balance must be brought back.
There must be Love to fight this hate.
There must be understanding, compassion and knowledge that nothing but ourselves stand in our way.
We have been misguided and led upon the path of untruth.
That is the uneasiness that lives in the hearts of every single one of you.
Don't deny its existence for it is collective.
Our consciousness is connected in a spiritual essence of this planet, the Sun, Moon and stars.
The universe is a masterpiece and every thing within it, is its art.
Our family is every one, every thing.
There are no divides, no you or me.
We are one upon this frequency.
We have created this hell by fulfilling words of prophecy.
We have manifested these times because it was said this was meant to be.
It doesn't have to.

Words.
Just words.

Our thoughts and actions called forth this time of uncertainty.
We must find our center, the source, the calm.
We must know it exists without a book to guide us along.
Good vibrations must radiate from our souls.
This fear and sadness should not be our law.
Restrictions and limitations have us chained in our boxes that we call home.
There is more to this existence than Hollywood and prime-time news.
There is more to life than what these programs will ever even consider telling you.
Obeying commands spewed forth from the upper authority.
Keep you tame and afraid or else you will end up on TV charged for disrupting 'their' conformity.
Fear has everyone in a choke hold.
Afraid to speak, afraid to fall.
Afraid to stand for your rights.
Afraid to give a damn, afraid your own voice will be used against you in their court of law.
Everyone just trying to make their ends meet, merely dots upon corporate walls.
Everyone lying to themselves, inflamed tempers, barely hanging on.
Searching for happiness in possessions that will never ring true.
Reaching for those commercials that brainwash and flash upon the tube.
We don't own possessions anymore because they have come to own you.
Souls consumed by the illusions within this material world.
Glamor and stylish fads are demons of the Ego that have come to spoil our little girls.
Their dirty fingers offering children new products, telling them it is the only way to be hip.
Constantly under surveillance because Big Brother will catch you if you slip.
Order out of chaos; order to control.

Words.
Just words.

The universe is creatively destructive and human knowledge has become flawed.
There is a light to every darkness and a right to every wrong.
There is a self that needs no discipline and an ego that is destroying us all.
We must correct this malfunction and walk with nature, being one with the land.
We must call forth the Gods to come join new born hands.
Every day ahead is a miracle, no matter what past you have been through.
With every following breath you take, make an effort to learn something new.
We have created this present world, making it a prison where all things are subdued.
We have lost our way, keeping comfortable on couches in our so-called 'living' rooms.
We must come to realize who gives the authorities the authority to rule.
We the people hold the power, so then shouldn't they do what we tell them to do?
Search for Truth within your self and question all these bogus tall tales.
You will soon come to the conclusion that anger and hate is fuel to global warming & we are manifesting this Earthly Hell.
Emotions hold energy too, but shhhh, I am not supposed to tell.

Words.
Just words.

We are capable of incredible things although we have forgotten our natural law.
Open your heart with knowledge that every person you come across is just another you.
Take not a single moment for granted because tomorrow is only promised to the fool.
Greet every living thing in your path with a smile, warmth and truth.
You will come to see your refection in all things and doubts shall melt with the waning Moon.
Be mindful of the tongue for it is more destructive than any of these weapons, we as humans, abuse.
Silence is beauty while gossip is the most hideous form of brutality any soul could ever choose.
Strike nothing with anger; impulsive actions entice lower energies to feast upon the soul.
Strike only hearts with understanding in order to make right all these confusing wrongs.

Words.
Just words.
Actions are the building blocks we should be striving for.

A better world for the children, the planet, and the unification of all.
A warmer existence where our daily lives will be worth living for.
Life as one, living peace inside all.
So tell me now,
Are we existing to live?
Or are we existing to fall?
So mote it be.
What we Will becomes our reality.

© 2009 Christopher Michael Smith


Author's Note

Christopher Michael Smith
Feedback is welcomed and desired. Thank you for taking time out to read my words. I adore sharing the thoughts that spew forth from my mind's eye.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on June 13, 2009

Author

Christopher Michael Smith
Christopher Michael Smith

Clinton, NC



About
Ego sum qui sum - 'I am what I am' Poetry is my creative expression here upon this floating ball of dust called Earth. Nothing feels as appeasing as watching a pen glide across a virgin page, watc.. more..

Writing