Umbrella Ganesha

Umbrella Ganesha

A Story by mohan
"

Lord Ganesha And River Kaveri

"
Ganesha is the first son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. He is considered as the "First God" in Hindu mythology.
Ganesha sports a trunk, a pot belly and four arms. His divine vehicle is, surprisingly, a mouse!
The name of Ganesha is derived from two different Sanskrit words: "isha", meaning Lord and "gana" meaning group. Hence, Ganesha is considered as the God of masses.
Ganesha can be spotted in different postures such as lying, enjoying a candy, dancing or riding on a mouse.
1. Lord Ganesha And River Kaveri:
This Lord Ganapathi story is a favorite one among kids. Once upon a time, Sage Agastya sought the blessings of Lord Brahma and Shiva.
The sage wished to create flowing river in a suitable location to offer water to the southern lands. The Gods, listening to his prayers, had his kamandalu filled with sacred water.The Sage then reached the Coorg Mountains. On his way, he spotted a small boy and requested him to take good care of his pot containing water as he needed to go to toilet.The small boy was none other than Ganesha and he placed the small pot on the ground as he felt that location was perfect for a river.Then a crow landed on this pot and Sage Agastya shooed off the bird. The crow flew off tipping the pot to the ground and spilled off some water.This water formed River Kaveri and is considered as a sacred river.
Moral:
Every action happens for a good cause. So do not be worried even if something bad happens in your life, eventually there will be a good ending.
To buy umbrella ganesha statue,, visit www.tarangarts.com , #1 Handicraft manufacturer in India.
Will meet you on next story..

© 2019 mohan


Author's Note

mohan
Do you like my story ??

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

To buy umbrella ganesha statue,, visit www.Tarangarts.com , #1 Handicraft manufacturer in India.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
1 Review
Added on May 29, 2019
Last Updated on May 29, 2019
Tags: Handicraft, handmade

Author