Keine Luft

Keine Luft

A Story by MonarchAida
"

You can't remember

"
Bum bum, bum bum, bum bum, bum bum.
Your heart is still beating, it's pounding, it's screaming. In your chest, your ears, your head, your brain, and it won't shut up. Your mind is racing, and everything is horrid. 

You can't remember laughing with friends. You remember their judgemental remarks. Their teasings and no apologies. Their 'just take a joke' excuses. 
You can't remember a family dinner. You remember the shouting and the frustration. The empty threats that feel so real that you're waiting for the hit. His 'I was just trying to get you guys to go faster' excuse.

bum bum, bum bum, BUM BUM, BUM BUM.

You can't remember your happy place. You remember standing there, paralyzed with despair as black vines take over. Their corrupting every last happy thought you had. Their dark and empty sneers are wrapping around your neck. Their 'just breathe, it's okay' taunts.
You can't remember how air feels in your lungs. You remember tears that drown you. Air that escapes you. The 'you know where they are' thoughts.

BUM BUM, BUM BUM, BUM BUM, BUM BUM.
Your heart is still beating. You wonder why. Why is it still pounding, still screaming. In your chest, your ears, your head, your brain, and you will make it shut up. Your mind is racing, and everything is horrid until you swallow it away.

You can't remember swallowing.

BUM BUM,    BUM BUM,    BUM BUM.

You remember falling bum bum--

© 2016 MonarchAida


Author's Note

MonarchAida
'keine luft' means 'no air' in German.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A perfect description of what a lot of people struggle with on a daily basis. I felt every word in my heart. I can relate to this. Nicely written :)

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 21, 2016
Last Updated on June 21, 2016
Tags: anxiety, depression, short story, dark, descriptive, sad, song title lyrics, suicide, suicidal thoughts

Author

MonarchAida
MonarchAida

Phoenix, AZ



About
Just a gaymer and a wanna be author. more..

Writing