The Truth

The Truth

A Story by Monish Bhatia
"

Behind the silent waves of sea

"

The Truth...

Behind the silent waves of sea..

 

A Story of three friends, Ramesh, Imtiyaz and Jaffery, who had been friends since their Kinder Garden. The story revolves around their trip to Alibaug, their experience and relevance of truth relating to Nature.

 

Characters:

1.   Ramesh: A 23 year old Hindu guy from Mumbai, music lover who believes in living the life in present.

 

2.   Imtiyaz: A 23 year old Muslim dude, who is more into gym and clubbing.

 

3.   Jaffery: A Christian fellow of same age who is fond of racing and tattoos.

 

A similarity between all of the three is none of them believes in God and Ghosts, for them life is the human beings, their enjoyment and no super natural power in this world exists.

 

4.   Ramulal : A panwala, who is from Bihar. A very emotional, religious and burn marking creature.

 

5.   Kaka: an imaginary old man, with turban on his head and burn mark on his face.

 

6.   Villager.

 

Scenes:

Scene-1.

Location: Das Chawl Area in Ulhasnagar.

Date: 13th July 2014, Time: around 8:00 P.M

 

Ramesh, Imtiyaz and Jaffery, after finishing their daily chores, were heading towards the tapdi of “Ramulal Panwala”, all of them like always got their brand of cigarettes and started their conversation.

 

Ramesh: kya yaar yeh gharwalo ki Roz ki Kit Kit se pareshan ho gaya hu, aaj hanuman jayanti, kal navratra, parso shrawan, salla yeh sab to aata hi rehta hai, to hum kya kare, Gharwale kyu hum logo ke peche pade hai Pooja karne ko, saala roz ka jagda ho gaya hai yeh.

 

Jaffery: yes man saala apne yah ape bhi yahi locha hai, gharwalo ko na amn, roz mangta hai ki apun jaake Church me candle light karne ka, but kayko man? Apun kayko karega and kiske liye.

 

Imtiyaz: Are yaar chodo yeh sab tum dono, ab yeh suno is hafte shukrawar, shaniwar aur ravivar teeno din chutti hai, kyu na milke kahi ghumke aaye aur kha pike aish kare, gharwale bolte hai to bolne do, apna kya jata hai, kaunsa hum allah ki namaz nahi padenge to allah aake hume saza dega,

 

Ramesh and Jaffery: ha sahi bola yaar chalo alibaug chalet hai, waha ka samundar kafi khubsurat hai, waha chalet hai maza ayga.

 

Imtiyaz: ha sahi hai chalo hume waha bandobast kar dete hai chalne ka.

 

In the meantime, Ramulal keeps on listening everything and gets aware of their plan:

 

Ramulal: are bhai Imtiyaz, tum ja to rahe ho, lekin tumhe yaad nahi, pichle jumme ko tum ne jo machand kiya tha, colony ke saare jaado pe acid daalke pure garden ka satyanash kar dia tha, un jado ko wapas lagaoge ya nahi?

 

Imtiyaz : are jao miya, sari colony ke sath ab tum bhi chale ho gaye, hum nahi lagane wale koi naya ped, wo jhaad kitne bade ho gaye the pata hai tumhe, mere ghar pe andera hone laga tha unke vaja se.

 

Ramulal: are bhai to pattia katwa dete jhaad kyu sada diye? Prakruti ka kitna nuksaan ho gaya?

 

Imtiyaz: kaheki prakruti miya? Hume jo lagega hum wo karenge, ab apni zuban band karo warna do hath jhad denge tume bhi.

 

Ramesh: are imtiyaz bhai, chodo bechara sidha aadmi hai, kahi mar mara na jaye.

 

Imtiyaz: ha to samjao ise, prakruti, khuda yeh sab ki parwa nahi mujhe, main hi prakruti hu main hi khuda hu!

 

Ramulal: thik hai bhai hume maaf karo humse galti hui.

 

Jaffery: chalo man, apun ko plan karna hai and nikalna hai for alibaug.

 

Scene 2: Alibaug

 

All the three guys reached Alibaug and spend the entire day moving to beaches and market. (the enjoyment of entire day is shown) till the next day at about 6 P.M, when they reach an isolated place and the scene changes.

 

Scene 3: Alibaug.

Day 2, time 6 : P.M

 

The second day..They get out for roaming like the first day..Everything was going fine...till they reached to a deserted place.

 

Ramesh: are yeh kya yaar, yeh kinara dekh samundar ka, yaha to sirf hum log hai aur koi bhi nahi.

 

Jaffery: yes man, look at this, its awesome, the scene is just lovely, but where is this way heading too? Lets walk and find out.

 

The guys keep on walking the isolated road for some time, till they reach to a footpath, which has a garden on its both sides, the garden are covered with fences up to 1-20 feet and no one can cross the fences, but everything is visible.

 

Imtiyaz: are yaar yeh kya, dono side garden aur beech me footpath, leking iski entry kaha se hai?

 

Ramesh: chalo thoda aage chalet hai, aage koi an koi gate hogi.

 

Jaffery: yes dude, chalo, lekin yaha koi aur person nahi hai, thoda strange lag raha hai.

 

Imtiyaz: kyu re jaffery, teri phat rahi hai kya? Bhoot se?

 

Jaffery: no man, chalo apun nahi darta kisi se.

 

all three of them, keep on walking on footpath, after walking for about 100 meters, a bunch of 20-25 persons were standing rounding up something, which was not visible, everyone among the crowd was in white dress.

    Imtiyaz: are wo dekho log, yeh log andar kisi cheez ko gher ke Khade hai, par kya hai, yeh log andar hai matlab koi na koi jagah hogi andar jaane ki.

 

Jaffery ( trying to call one of the person from the crowd): hello boss, hey hey suntan kayko nahi man, are apun ko andar aane ka hai, entry kidar ko hai? Are atleast reply dost, what the f**k?

 

Ramesh: are chodo yaar aage chalo, aage dekhte hai entry kaha se hai, fir aake yeh log ko sida karte hai.

 

They resume walking again, as soon as they walked 20-25 feet, once again same scene appeared, 15-20 people stood rounding something, this time on the right hand side.

 

On further walking they observed it is a queue of such crowd and all were rounding up something, the queee was going on and on as they walked, and they observed that the crowd was covering pyre.

 

Ramesh: are yaar yeh kya, itne sar log el sath mar gaye?aur yeh log inko garden me kyu jala rahe hai, wo bhi is raat ke andhere me?

 

Imtiyaz: chalo yaar gate dundo taaki andar jake samaj paye ho kya raha hai?

 

On further walking, they suddenly saw fumes of fire raising towards the sky, all the pyres were lighted at the same time. The pyres fire started increasing and within a couple of minutes, the pyres started turning into ashes within no time.

 

The trio observed that the slowly and steadily the garden was disappearing and they started running back wards from where the foot path started.

 

Ramesh: yeh kya bhai, yeh dhere dhere garden ki jagah paani ki lehre kaise aati ja rahi hai, dhere dhere yeh samundar aage kyu aa raha hai?

 

The waves of sea started getting violent as the pyres were turning to ashes. The footpath behind them was disappearing and they kept running. After running back for 100 meters or so, they saw some piece of land, they kept running towards it. The footpath ended and they jumped on the land.

 

The moment, they turned back they saw that the garden had completely disappeared and the sea was roaring its violent waves. The entire scene had disappeared, the pyres were turned into ashes and there was no any evidence of the crowd. The sea went silent within a couple of minutes.

 

All the three guys were amused and astonished with everything, they wear sweating like anything, they had experienced fear for the first time in their life. They wanted to enquire about the same from someone, but the way was completely isolated.

 

Scene -4. A Small Village.

On walking for some distance they found a village, but as it was night,  no one was there, they saw a old man with long beard and turban on his head, there was a burn mark on the face of the old man.

 

All the guys went towards the old man and started enquiring from him about said incident.

 Ramesh: Are kaka, wo waha, kaka….

Ramesh started stabling and could speak further,

Kaka: kya hua beta, tum batao yeh aese kyu hakla raha hai?

 

Imtiyaz: wo…woooo…….

 Even imtiyaz could not speak,

Jaffery took some courage and told him everything in a fearful state.

(The old man started laughing.)

Jaffery: Arre what dude, humari phatti padi hai aur tum hasta hai?

Kaka: tum logo ne jo dekha main wo samaj gaya, yeh sab prakruti ka kiya karaya hai beta.

Jaffery: what the f**k old man, prakruti naam ki koi cheez nahi hogi.

Kaka( in angry and raised tone): shant rakho beta, warna jo haal aaj in logo ka hua hai wo tumhara hoga.

Jaffery: matlab?

Kaka: yeh baat aajse 60 saal pehle ki hai, yaha ek bahut bada jungle hua karta tha aur jungle ke baad ek gaon tha jisme 4000 �" 5000 log raha karte the.

Jaffery: to fir, iska us se kya matlab?

Kaka: un gaon walo me jagah kam thi aur log badte ja rahe the, jiske vaja se unhe jagah ki kami ho rahi thi, islye unhone wo jungle kaatke waha ghar banana ka scoha. Leking aaju baaju ke gao walo ne unhe bahut mana kia, unhe saaf saaf kaha tha ki prakruti ke sath math khelo warna bahut bura hoga.

Jaffery: fir aage kya hua?

Kaka: un logo me ek budha aadmi tha jo wo jungle jalane ke khilaaaf tha, usne saaf saaf kaha tha jungle jalane se jungle ke saare jaanwar bhi mar sakte hai, par kisi ne ek na suni aur pure ke pure jungle me aag laga di.

Jaffery: oh f**k? Kaise kar sakte hai yeh log aesa?

Kaka: aag lagate hi jaad jhalne lage, us jungle ke jaanwar bhi jal jal kar marne lage, par gaon wale Bahar Khade ho kar bas has rahe the, utne me us budhe aadmi ne aag me chalang lagake khud ki jaan de di.

 

( Everyone went silent and had tears in their eye)

 

    Kaka: wo budhe aadmi ke jalte hi us jungle ki aag failne lagi, jis ke karan jungle ke sath unke gaon me bhi aag pahuch gayi aur us gaon ke saaare rahivasi bhi jal kar mar gaye, saara ka saara gaon tabah ho gaya.

 

Jaffery: wo sab thik hai par hum ne jo dekha wo sab kya tha?

 

Kaka: log kehte hai us gaon ke saare log mar to gaye, par kisi ko moksh prapt nahi hua, unki aatma isi samundar ki lehro me batak ti rehti hai, prakurti se ched chaad karne ki unhe bahut badi saza mil rahi hai. Wo saari aatmaye yahi batakti rehti hai.

Jaffery: to fir inhe moksh kaise milega?

Kaka: inhe moksh milne ka ek hi tarika hai, jab jab un gaon walo ki aulad ya unki pidia prakurti ko bachane ke liye aur nikharne ke liye kuch karte hai, to har amawas ki raat unki aatma ko moksh prapt hota hai, aur tumne jo chitayen dekhi, wo un atmaon kit hi junhe moksh prapt hua, jo aatmayen garden me bethi thi unko moksh milna abhi bhi baaki hai....jo is prakurti ka niyam todta hai prakurti use sabak sikhati hai..kyu insaan bhul jaata hai use ek na ek din is prakurti me wapas jaana hai, yeh khamosh samundar har amavas ki raat kuch samay ke liye apni gatha kehta hai par afsos inhe sun ne wala koi nahi.

All the guys couldn’t believe what they had seen, hence all of them went unconscious.

 

 

Scene 5-Morning, open land:

All the guys regained their senses and were discussing among themselves as to what had happened with them, they couldn’t believe and thought it was a false story, but they were amazed to see that the place where they regained sense was a open land but they had been in a village last night.

They started walking and after walking for about 5-6 kilometers, they entered a village and started went towards a person for asking him.

Ramesh: Are apke gaon se pehle ek gaon hai jaha hum raat ko behosh huye, par suba hosh aya to dekha ki khaali jagah thi? Wo gaon kitna dur hai yaha se?

 

Villager: babuji aapne shayad raat ko jyada pee li hogi, yeh is jagah ka pehla gaon hai, iske pehle koi bhi gaon nahi.

 

All three went silent and confused on listeing to this, hence they decided to enquire about the old man they met last night.

 

Imtiyaz: acha thik hai, aapke gaon me ek budhe se admi hai, jo pagdi pehnte hai aur unke chehre pe jalne ka nishan hai?

 

By this time many villagers had gathered there.

Villager: aapne sachme bahut jyada pee li hogi, humare gaon me kya, yaha se 4-5 gaon tak aesa koi aadmi nahi jiske chehre pe jalne ka nishan ho.

All the villagers surrounding them started laughing on them.

 

The three guys started walking quietly, with their hands down and learning a lesson to respect the super natural powers. They understood that the old man they went was the same old man who jumped in fire and gave his life for the nature, he had come from nature to teach them a lesson and is back to the nature again. The guys really understood the truth behind the silence of sea ways.

 

Monish. Bhatia.


 

© 2015 Monish Bhatia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So. I can't really understand this story, as most of the dialogue is in a language I can't understand. One thing I can judge is the character description. You said one is Hindu, one is a Muslim, and one is a Christian, yet none of them believe in God. Not one of them. Doesn't this fact undermine all of their religious beliefs? This is something you might want to look into. Other than that, I can't judge anything.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

236 Views
1 Review
Added on June 22, 2015
Last Updated on June 22, 2015
Tags: trust, fantasy, short story

Author

Monish Bhatia
Monish Bhatia

Ulhasnagar, Maharashtra, India



About
A Law Student and a passionate writer more..

Writing
Jutice Jutice

A Poem by Monish Bhatia