Teardrops

Teardrops

A Story by Casey Cooper

Chapter one

       Summer is finally over and nothing interesting happened at all.  So hopefully during school there will be something interesting things that will happen.  I don’t know, I honestly think that this year will be just the same as last year, or everything bad or good will happen. 

            Oh well at least my friends are in all the same classes as I am.  Yet there is only one teacher that I like because his class is never boring because he has so much energy.  His name is Mr. Malroy, and he teaches my favorite and most easy subject ever.  But the worst teacher ever is my physical science teacher, Mr. Stefan.  The reason is because he doesn’t care if we pass or fail and he calls all of us names even if we only mess up once.  But the rest of the teachers I could care less about.

            The only part that is ok is every piece of homework I get; I turn in before class ends.  For tests I never study but I still pass.  But it doesn’t mean that I like the class.  Half the time I skip class. How I do that is asking if I can go to the bathroom (don’t ever try this) Every time I do that, I meat up with my friends who skip class every day as well.  We always meet in the library.

            This year though we have only skipped class twice because last year we skipped to many times and a group of kids told on us.  So now we don’t get to go to the bathroom or anywhere else unless another student goes with us but it’s our choice on who goes with us. So we usually pick someone who doesn’t want to be in class anymore.

Chapter two

       Now that the weekend is here my parents have been asking me about what I have been learning, and when I couldn’t tell them they asked why I was skipping class and I told them that I had already learned this.  But then they got all cocky and asked me how I would have already learned that if I haven’t been in class.  I didn’t have an answer for that one. 

            So on Monday when I asked to go to the bathroom, I wasn’t allowed to go.  So I got smarter and when the teacher would call my name for roll, Stephanie would say “here” for me and herself because the teachers never looked up at us unless one of the students doesn’t say here. Then at the end of the day on Fridays she would tell me what we were learning in each class.

            One day though my parents asked me to give them an example from each and every one of my classes on what we were learning.  When I told them that I couldn’t they decided to tell me that they were going to start home schooling me, and I wasn’t allowed to go to school the next day to tell my friends or teachers what was going on. 

Chapter three

       Today is the first day of being home schooled and I can’t keep from laughing because my mom looks like a dork and because she doesn’t have any of the supplies to home school me with.  So now even though I am in high school she is making me review my math facts until lunch, then after lunch I had to work on fifteen book reports till dinner because my mom forgot about me.  The only reason she forgot about me was because she didn’t think I was going to work the whole time.

            When she did finally come and check on me I had two book reports done.  Once I gave them to her I kept working so I wouldn’t be in school as long as my friends had to be in school.  But in order to do that I had to pay attention, do all the homework right and actually study.  Yet my mom wants me to now call her Mrs. Montgomery.

            When she realized what I was doing she helped me reach my goal but not so I could go back to school, she did it so she wouldn’t have to teach me for as long as she would if we didn’t do this.  The only reason my parents think I skipped class was because I needed to be moved up a grade.

            Even though I and my friends know the real reason I skip class.  But my parents don’t need to know the real reason.  Plus my parents told me since I am doing so well with being home schooled, they are going to keep home schooling me till my senior year.

            The reason I am going back to school for my senior year is because they think that I will be mature enough to not skip class anymore.  They also don’t want me to miss prom, pictures, or graduation with my friends.

            Then when I told my parents that they told me that I was not allowed to see my friends anymore, they answered with…

            “Well we could keep home schooling you and have you get told when you can graduate by a guy who will come and have you take a test.  Based on that score the guy will tell you if you could graduate or not.”

            “Well it’s not my fault you guys went against your own words. Maybe next time I won’t believe you when you tell me something are forever, I won’t believe you.”

            “If you don’t want to believe me that’s fine but last time I checked I am the adult that is giving you, the child, that skipping class, the privilege of seeing her friends, in school only, and the first time they come home with you, you don’t come home, or if you sneak out then you will go back to being home schooled. “

            “FINE! I’M GOING TO MY ROOM! THANKS FOR NOT TRUSTING ME MOTHER!” I screamed at her from the top of my lungs.

“Have fun. Oh and your dad will be hearing about this!” she yelled up the stairs.

       “I don’t care!”

Chapter four

            After that little argument that my mom has exaggerated to my dad, I ended up getting grounded to my room and all I could do is work on the stupid book reports that my mom gave me to work on.  By the time I got ungrounded I had the book reports done, a sorry note written, and five extra book reports written.  When I gave them to her she told me that I was done with book reports for the year, but what she didn’t know is that for most of them I copied the back of the books.  But now I am done with reading, grammar, math, and art.  All I have left is civics, gym, choir, and science.

            The good part is, I usually finish two classes in the same week.  So now I am going to do civics and science.  Once I finish with those I only have gym and choir yet to finish and that will only take me a week to complete which means I get off school in exactly one week. But it doesn’t help that in order to reach this goal I ended up waking up early on Saturday and Sunday just to go and see my mom to get more homework that way I could finish each grade in about a month(four weeks).  Then I won’t have to go to school until my friends are done so I can go to school with them.

            Once they finish I will be starting as well but my mom will no longer be teaching me.  Last night I called my friends and I told them what was going on.

            “That’s good but you would end up getting two years off instead of one year.” One of the guys said as I had both of them on three ways. 

            After I hung up the phone, I went to go tell my mom that I wouldn’t be able to go back to school for at least two more years. 

            “Honey, I can only give you one year off because if I give you two years off your class won’t let you in because you would forget all of the materials.”  She tried to say it sympathetically but I took it as a haha I’m better than you are, type of deal. “I still care about you so I could just act like I am teaching you when they come to the house to make sure that you are still getting home schooled instead of taking the two years off.”

“Fine, I’ll learn the idiotic material twice.” Annoyingly I agreed.

            Once my mom was done talking to me I went to my room and stayed there until my dad came in and asked me why I won’t talk to my mom.

            “I will talk to her but I don’t have anything to say to her.” I told him tiredly.

            “Oh well you might want to tell her that because as of right now she thinks I should ground you because she thinks you have an attitude.”  Responds dad some what nicely.

            “Fine, but can I do it in the morning because I am extremely tired.”

       “Sure, mainly ‘because she already went to bed.  She has to get up at three in the morning.” He responded tiredly as well.

Chapter five

       Yay! I get to start my senior year for the first time.  My mom is having an attitude with me because I’m going to be learning all of this again in two years.  One thing that she knows that I don’t is that she is teaching me all of the wrong things so I won’t be able to skip class.  But she has been doing this since I started to get home schooled. 

            But I will still find a way to skip class and still pass all of my classes.  She doesn’t really need to know that though.  Oh and my mom talked to the counselor to see if I could get a free time so I don’t skip class.  So lucky for me I get a free time every two hours.

Chapter six

       Well now that its my senior year my mom has getting off my back because of my grades because she thinks I’m smart enough to realize that I need to be passing in order to graduate but I think she forgot that I have been that I have been passing all my classes even when I was skipping class.

            Just because she gets off my case though doesn’t mean my dad will.  Heck he just nags me more now or why I never bring home any homework.  Every day it’s the same thing.

            Finally I started to climb through the window to be exact.  But once he found out and waited in my room for me to get home.  So I finally stopped going home after school.  I would go with a group of friends.  When I did get home I would lie and say I was at the library working on my homework. 

            After a while of doing that he started to go to the library.  Once he did that I told him I came straight home.  Now he won’t leave me alone.  I’ve asked him if he would but all he says is that he is trying to help me graduate.  Even my mom had tried to get him to stop and he still does it.  So I decided that I was going to move out tonight.  I told my mom where I was going but I never told my dad because I didn’t need him stalking me there as well.

            My mom keeps trying to get me to stay because she doesn’t want her family to be split up.  So she thinks trying to talk to him again will work but I don’t want my senior year to be ruined.

Chapter seven

       I didn’t want to tell you where I was going because my dad was standing right next to me when I was talking about it.  So I called one of my friends and he said I am able to stay at his house as long as I keep my area clean and since they don’t know how long I will be staying, they are going to give me some chores and I have to follow all of there rules. 

            I am going to be sleeping on the couch.  The problem is the fact that I have to be up and ready before anyone else because my pajamas are not appropriate to be wearing in front of my friend.  I am dating a different guy so that won’t be a problem.  His name is Derek and so is the guy that I am staying with but the guy that I am staying with has had a crush on me since I had met him. 

            The good part is that since I work the night shift they don’t do anything about it.  I would also end up getting there when every one is in bed for the night. 

Chapter eight

       Finally it’s the last week of school.  I get to go to my parent’s house because my mom wants to talk to me.  But she knows that if my dad is there then I wasn’t going.  So she decided to lie to me and tell me that he wasn’t there.

            The reason she lied is because she’s not the one that wants to talk to me.  He wants to talk to me and tell me that he is sorry and that he should have trusted me.  But once I got there and saw his truck in the driveway I turned around and went back the way I came.

            My mom saw me leaving and she started to yell at me, telling me that my dad had taken the car to work because the truck didn’t start this morning.  So I turned around and headed back so that her and I could talk outside just in case he was actually here.    But as soon as me and her are out there and I start to relax she went in the house to go get something to drink.  But while she was gone he walked outside.  Once I saw him I stood up and was about to leave but all he wanted was to talk. 

            So I sat back down but I only gave him three minutes to talk and tell me what he wanted to and them I was leaving and probably never returning.

            “Honey, I’m sorry for not trusting you and not believing in you.  But I have changed.  We would both like you to come back and live with us.” He kept pleading as I sat there not caring what he said.

            “What if I don’t want to come back?” I asked so furious that I am pretty sure that I had steam coming out of my ears.   

            “Well, peanut, no one is going to force you to come back.  But we only want you to know that you are always welcome to come back at anytime.” He sincerely stated and tried to give me a hug but I dodged it so he went back into the house.

            After I left I went back to where I was staying and me and my friend started to make fun of what me and my dad were talking about.

            But after a while of making fun of what my dad was saying my friend started to make fun of the way my dad was talking. Once he notice that I wasn’t laughing he stopped making fun of my dad and the way he talked.

Chapter nine

       We’re back at school now and it is time to take finals.  I get to take two finals today, two on Tuesday, two on Wednesday and two on Thursday but on Friday I get to do nothing but go home and do my church but then go to my room and relax.

            In some of my classes we are having parties and I’m in charge of them.  So I have already assigned people what they need to bring. Now all I need to do is wait for Friday because I have everything ready including the entertainment.

The cool part is that I get five parties on Friday and one on Saturday.  But only four of the parties have to do with school.  The other one after school only involves two people.  Both people live together and if I am involved then you know that the other person is Derek.

I am going to find out once and for all if the kid that I am staying with is gay or not.  If he isn’t gay then I will try to date him if he still likes me because I and the other Derek broke up more than five months ago so he wouldn’t be a rebound.  So I am going to spend all night flirting with him. I hope he is gay because he would be my very first gay friend ever.

I have also been turning a ton of guys down just to make sure that I am available for him.  That’s ok though because most of them said that when I am ready to date again that I could call them up. 

I wonder if that one guy is still available and if his offer still stands.  I doubt any of them still stand since most of them were from three months ago.  I’m pretty sure that most of the numbers have changed.

O crap!  He’s home from work and I’m not ready yet.  Oh well it’s only his lunch break and its only Monday.  I have until Friday.  What I’m wearing could still work.

Flirting with him this time didn’t work.  Later I will have to try the direct approach and see if that works.  Oh wait he’s coming back.

“Hey, I have a question for you,” I said as nicely as I could manage without giving my whole plan away.

“Shoot!”  He yelled trying to hurry up and gets everything done so that he could go back to work.

“Do you… like…” I said this so quiet I could barely hear myself.

“Say that a little louder.”

       “Do you like me more than a friend?” I nearly yelled at him which was probably not necessary. 

       “Yeah and I was going to wait till later tonight to ask you out.” He said trying to hold back a laugh.

            “You mean to tell me that I didn’t have to embarrass myself.” I said trying not to cry.  The only reason I didn’t want to cry was because otherwise he would have laughed and given me a hug.

            I can’t believe he was going to ask me out even after I made a complete fool out of myself.

            After he gave me a hug he kissed me which wasn’t expecting at all.

       “Its ok you didn’t embarrass yourself that bad because it was cute.” He said trying not to smile.

“Really?” I tried to stay calm but it didn’t work.

“Yeah” he still held on to me as he talked, “I’ll see you when you get done with school. Oh and since I have to go past there do you want me to drop you off and pick you up so you don’t have to ride the bus?” he confidently and calmly asked me.

“I’d like that.” I said trying not to smile.

While we were in the car he couldn’t hold my hand because he has a stick shift.  But I didn’t mind because I was still trying to wrap my brain around the kiss. 

Once we got to the school, I tried to get out but he wouldn’t let me.  So I gave him a kiss and tried again.  It still didn’t work.  I told him I love him and it still didn’t work.  Finally I asked him what he wanted. All he did was sat there and wrote on a piece of paper.  Once he was done he handed it to me and it read….

I love you too!  Anything that happens during this relationship will be what both of us want.  So tonight you have to let me know because at some point I want to marry you and have a family with you.

          Love,

          Derek

            Now all I have been trying to do is write a letter half as good as his.  When l couldn’t think of one I asked my best friend to help me but when hers started to get graphic I went to some of his sensitive friends that I could trust to not say anything to him.

            I chose to have Spencer write it for me that way I know it won’t be gross or anything.

            Derek and I have been trying to set Spencer up with Baili.  They have both liked each other for so many years but every time they see each other they act like they don’t know each other.

            We have to do this when they are apart though.  Otherwise they will say that they never said that they liked each other. But we aren’t starting that until Derek is allowed back at school.

            He got suspended for flipping off a teacher and telling the principal to go f*** himself.  Then he left the school to go to work and when he retired they didn’t let him in, instead he had to wait outside till the principal went outside to talk to him about why he isn’t allowed in the school and why he did the things he did.

       Finally the day is over and I finally finished copying the note that Spencer finished writing but I don’t know if I am going to give it to him.  I might just tell him everything from my heart.  I don’t think a little note would work because someone else wrote it for me.

            As soon as I saw his car I had to do my best not to run up to it.  He was even being gentlemen and waiting outside the car for me.  Instead of me running up to him he ran up to me and picked me up.  He talked about how much he missed me and how he should have asked me out sooner.

       As soon as we got back to the house, we went to his room so we could be alone to talk.  Once we got back there he asked me the question, I was hoping to avoid.  Mainly because my answer is the same as his and I was hoping he knew that.  After I told him that, he told me that he doesn’t want to have sex with me until we are married.  I don’t mind either, only because we are both virgins and you aren’t supposed to loose your virginity until you are married.

            After all that was settled we started playing video games.  When his parents didn’t hear anything, they came to check on us.  What they saw when they opened the door was me and him sitting next to each other passed out.

            Once they closed the door they just let us sleep like that the rest of the night.  But the next day when I should have been at school I was still laying here asleep on him.  When Derek found me he woke me up and asked me why I wasn’t at school. All I said was that I over slept because we both fell asleep playing video games. 

            But I had forgotten that I had the day off because I am going to be graduating early.  Today off is a good thing though because Derek doesn’t work today either. 

            After I told him all that he decided to watch movies with me.  Some of the movies are watching are ‘The Blind Side’, ‘17 Again’ and ‘The Twilight Saga’.  During ‘The Blind Side’ we both cried but during ‘17 Again’ we both laughed when he got slapped seven different times.  ‘The Twilight Saga’ wasn’t that good but I guess it’s because we both have seen it so many different times. 

            I really think us dating each other while living together will work out after all.  I hope he feels the same way.  The reason I say that is because we have only said I love you to each other once.  So I plan on saying it again soon and hope to hear him say the words instead of write them this time. 

            So today I am hanging out with him again and this time I am planning on telling him that I love him.  I hope once I say it that he will say it back instead of staring at me or kissing me like most of my other boyfriends have done.  I really pray that he is the one because he is the only one that could make me feel this way. 

            I am going to meet up with him now.  But when I noticed him he had this weird look in his eyes that was making me slow my pace toward his car when school ended. 

            Once I reached the car I asked him “what’s up?”

            Then we sat there starring at each other for the longest time before he finally spoke.  “Get in and I will tell you when we get home.”  But it was at the end that he was speaking through his teeth, almost like he didn’t want to say the last word.  Almost like if were to say the last word that it would make it official. 

            On the way he warned me that someone else was going to be there, so I asked him if he would take me somewhere else because the someone that was going to be there was someone that I didn’t want to see.  Finally he agreed but only because he doesn’t want to loose me.

            I was so happy so finally when we got to the place that wanted to take me so we could make out and be alone, all of a sudden the words just came out.

            “I love you, baby and did want to be with you forever.”  Once I said the words I couldn’t take them back so all of a sudden I started to cry.

            “Hey, honey why are you crying?  I feel the same way about you.  Honey what’s wrong?”  He was so sincere and sweet to say those words.

            So all he did about it was sit there and hold me until I stopped crying.  For some reason I ended up doing was falling asleep in his lap.  Once he got me back in my seat on my own, he drove me back home, carried me in, got me to our bed and told his mom what had happened so she would come up with an excuse to tell my parents.

            After I had woken up after all of this he explained what had happened to me what had happened.  Then he told me that my parents wouldn’t be visiting me anymore.  So that part made me happy but the first part made me sound like an idiot so I started to cry again and it was extremely bad again.   He held me again but this time we both fell asleep intertwined with each other.

 Chapter ten

   It has been three years and we can finally spend more time together.  We watched movies and now hang out every night.  We have also have had sex a lot more often then we used to but it seems like only when I want to.  Almost as if he always feels like having sex.  Yet again he is a guy and that is what most guys think about.

      Today is his birthday and his mom is going to watch Sandra for us so I can take Derek out to a movie, dinner, bowling and dancing.  All of the things listed are all of Derek’s favorite things to do. One of his favorite movies had just come out into theaters so we are going to that first.  The movie is called “Stepfather” which isn’t that bad because it is a horror movie.  They are actually the best films out there.

      Once that’s done we are going bowling and I am going to embarrass him because I am going to tell them that it is his birthday.  I just hope he doesn’t get mad at me.

      Then we are going to Dinner and Dancing at the same place.  Although we are going to be watching people dance and not participating in it because of my two left feet.  The place we are going to is called Texas Road House because it is his favorite place to eat at, every once and a while he would do the dances as well.  Oh and he threatened to divorce me if I told anyone that it was his birthday, I didn’t believe him but yet I am not going to tell anyone.

      Yet he accidentally did himself because they made his food wrong three times.  Then I ended up telling them not to use the saddle or anything.  He was happy but I wasn’t so I made him do the line dance instead of the saddle.

      By the time we got home Sandra was asleep in her bed and Derek’s mom was passed out on the couch with a drink in her hand.  I looked over at Derek and he read my mind.  He woke her up and told her she wasn’t able to watch Sandra anymore because she couldn’t stay up or sober enough to take care of a three year old.

Chapter eleven

       Today Sandra starts kinder garden, me and Derek went to drop her off.  While she was at school my mom came over with her fists held high.  She didn’t hit anyone at first but once she realized I was married and had a kid she hit Derek, well attempted to.  Since he is a cop though she wasn’t able to hit him because he didn’t allow it, he had her in handcuffs before either of us could blink.

            Once he got her out of the house I started to cry.  He comforted me until I passed out again.  Then when it came time to pick Sandra up he tried to wake me up but I didn’t move.  He didn’t think anything of it; he just went and picked her up himself. 

            When they got home, I was still sleeping.  He called our family doctor.  The doctor told Derek that I needed to go in and see him right away.

            So Derek got me in the car and into the hospital.  When we got there they put me on a gurney and into a room.  After many tests and many hours later they finally found out what got into me.

            They found out that I had a stroke, heart attack, and a concussion all at once which put me in a coma for three years.  When I came out of it my daughter was eight years old and my husband was raising her on his own. 

            When he found out that I should wake up today he was in the hospital room with me all day.  I was happy he was there for me bit I was sad that I missed three years of my daughter’s life. 

            The good part is the fact that she know what a coma is so she knows that I didn’t just leave her to go spend time with someone else.  Plus that have visited me everyday so she knows that I am her mom.  I just hope that she won’t loose connection I had with her.  But my main hope is that Derek didn’t go and find someone else, I would just have to let him go.

            I remember most things before I went into a coma except for one thing.  The stuff that happened right before I blacked out, it was never good.

            Derek is still in love with me but he change jobs. He is now a profiler for the F.B.I.  He gets to travel through the country.  But since they go to find killers, Sandra and I have to stay home so that we are safe and so we don’t blow their cover.

            The one part of his job that I don’t really like is that he flirts with way to many women.  The one he mainly flirts with is Penelope Garcia.  He knows I hate when he does that but he also told me that he didn’t want to do it he just has to because of his job.

            The worst part is that it doesn’t mater what day it is; he will have to work if he gets called in.  But the good part is that I get to hang out with him from the time he gets home till the time he gets called in again. 

            One time he went a whole week without getting called in but I think that was because the whole B.A.U was on vacation.  Since he was on vacation that week we went to Jamaica.  The only thing that could have made that vacation better is if there want a serial killer running around through the island of Jamaica.

            Derek tried to get me and Sandra out of there safely but he couldn’t because the airports shut down to make sure the killer couldn’t get away to be free.

Chapter twelve

       When he is home though he spends more time with his daughter than he does with me bit that’s ok because his bond between him and her is more important because the bond between me and him is strong enough to not only get us to be married and not fight, but to stay married.

            After he gets called back into work he game me his same speech…

            “If only u had more time to spend with you, I would have used it to spend with you.”  Once he finished his speech I finally snapped “You wouldn’t spend on me, you would spend it with Sandra and yet you give me the exact same speech every time that you have to leave.”  After I finished I started to cry because I didn’t want to upset him but I did anyway.

            He wasn’t supposed to but he stayed with me to comfort me.  When I stopped crying I asked him,

            “Why is it you…” and I couldn’t finish without crying.

            But after a while I was able to stop crying and tell him.

            “Why is it you only spend time with me when you make me cry?”

            His answer was short, simple and to the predictable.

            “Well I’m not home very often and when I am it seems like you don’t want me by you.”

            My response some what short but not in any way predictable.

            “Who in the world told you I didn’t want you by me because I loved it when we would hang out with me.”

            Later that some day he quit his dream job.  He did that just so we could spend more time together.  After he got off the phone I started to talk to him and tell him that he didn’t need to quit his job. 

            He really didn’t want to make me cry or end up getting a divorce.  I didn’t want that to happen but I also didn’t want him to have to quit his job.

            After he quit his job we took Sandra to the zoo.  She really enjoyed watching the monkeys.  Once we got done at the zoo we went to get ice cream and went to see a movie.

            The movie that we went to see is “Happy Feet”.  Even though Sandra is 12 years old, she loved everything that we did as a family.

            That same night we both went to tuck her in and she asked us, “Are we gong to hang out as a family every weekend now?”

            When we went to bed Sandra came and knocked on our door.  After she came in I asked her what was wrong, her response was, “I’m afraid that nothing like this will ever happen again.  I also had a bad dream and can’t sleep.”

            Derek and I spoke at the same time.

            “Its ok honey, it was only a dream.  But if you would like to you could come up here and sleep by us.”

            So she nodded and climbed up here.  Once all of us were comforted we both gave Sandra a kiss.  Then we gave each other a kiss and went to sleep.

            In the morning I was awoken by Derek and Sandra bringing me a tray and singing.  Yes, today is my birthday.  Tomorrow is Sandra’s birthday and in a month is Derek’s.  They both know I hate celebrating my birthday, yet they both love celebrating mine.  This year I am 30 years old.

            All we did today was went shopping, I opened gifts and then later that night Derek took me to Prime Quarter for dinner.  Sandra wasn’t too happy about the dinner idea but at least we got her a few her a few new toys so she can stay home by herself and play with the toys.  I just hope she listened to Derek when he told her to go to bed at nine.

            At dinner I called Sandra just to make sure that the house was still standing because this was the first time she had been left home alone.  When she answered the phone she sounded scared.

            “H..H..Hello” she could barely get the words to come out.

            I answered sweetly as I possibly could, “Hi, sweetie, how’s everything going at the house?”

            She tried to sound happy but it didn’t really work.  “Hi, mommy, everything is fine except this one person keeps calling and hanging up.”

            Now I became more cheerful.

            “Well, just go to bed and we will be home soon.”

            Then she said good night and good bye.

            When we got home there was a phone call coming in so I answered it but no one was there so I yelled at them saying,

           

                        “My husband is a cop and a profiler for the F.B.I, so stop calling.”

            Then after that we thought the calls were done.  But about a week later another call came in and this time someone actually talked to me.

            They were wondering if I would go on a date with them.  I kind of wanted to, but if I were to go I would bring Derek with me so he could arrest them.

 

Chapter thirteen

       In the morning I woke up to a note sitting next to my head. It read…

                                    Good morning,

                                                When you read this come

Into the kitchen and I will give you

 A surprise for your special day.

                                   Love Derek.

            So once I made it into the kitchen, I found another note, but attached to this note was another note and a key.  The first note read…

                        Now that you have gotten

The first set of keys go to the

                        Microwave and open it.

           Love,

           Derek.

            The second not read…

                        P.S I love you!!!!

                        <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

            After all that I went to the microwave and found another note, a dress, and another set of keys.

            The note read…

                                    Now that you have found

 The keys and your new dress

 That my mom picked out for you.

  So go and get changed into the dress

 And go into the garage for your first surprise. 

                                               Love,

          Derek.

            So I went to the garage and found a car with a bow on it and a note attached to it.

            The note read…

           This is yours but now time

 For the second surprise. 

So go to the back yard

                        Love,

                        Derek.

            I went to the backyard with the dress and the second key in hand when I got out to the backyard I noticed a little shock a bow in it. 

            Now I used the key to open the door and once it opened I saw…

            A table with breakfast, candles, and two chairs.  Another note that said has a seat and I will be with you shortly, but before I get there take the cover off your plate.

             Once I took it off I notice more writing but this time it was a question.

            It read…

                        Will you marry me?

            When I looked up I saw Derek in a tuxedo and he was down on one knee.

            All I could do was cry and nod my head.  He was so excited he forgot to mention that he built the shed so we could live together.  It had two bedrooms, a kitchen, and a bathroom. 

            Oh and he also didn’t mention that I didn’t have to do anything for planning the wedding except for picking out my wedding dress and picking the date.

            I told him the sooner the better.  So he told me that the day I turn eighteen is the day we are getting married which means that I got engaged and married on the same day.

            Two weeks after the wedding I noticed that I was pregnant so I took a test and it was possitive.

            That same night I found out that I tested positive, I told Derek that he was going to be a dad.  He was so excited but those were the only kids he wanted.  They were also the only kids I wanted so after I gave birth I got my tubes tied, so I can’t have anymore kids. 

            We were both happy except we didn’t realize how much work it would be to take care of a kid.  But we divided it so he took the night shift and I got the day shift.  The only reason it worked this way is because he stays up late at night always.

            This schedule worked for awhile but then we didn’t have enough time together so his mom took her for a while so we could catch up on our sleep and hang out together.

            When we hung out together we laid in a bed watching t.v and cuddled.  Only a few times did we kiss and say I love you to each other.  The only reason we didn’t really say it that much is because we both have said it to people we didn’t mean it and we didn’t want that to be the cause this time.

            So we both know that we love each other so we really don’t need to say it.  I like how we both know how the other feeling so that we can leave each other alone when needed except for sometimes we give the wrong signals.

            We have only had sex together once since Sandra was born but that’s ok. The only reason is because of us not having enough time together and if we do love time together we are to tired to even talk to each other. 

            Ever since Sandra was born we have gotten into more fights about not spending time together.  Neither of us can wait until she gets old enough to take care of herself so we can be together again.

 

Chapter fourteen

I didn’t go on the date but I did go out looking for a new house.  I can’t stand living in his mother’s backyard.  He agreed, but only because his mother is an alcoholic.  But we want a house with a huge kitchen, a huge living room, a fire place, two bathrooms, and two bedrooms.

            Also because we don’t have to pay rent or taxes on this place, we have enough money to buy a nice house with all this stuff.  One of my friends is going with me.  Really its one of his friends going with me because he knows what Derek would like for a house

            The first one we looked at us both thought was disgusting and gross.  But just when we thought they couldn’t get any worse, we found one that had holes in the roof.  Then the last one we went to look at we prepared for the worst but ended up being the house that we got.

            The house had white carpet in every room but the kitchen and the two bedrooms.  That doesn’t matter because we don’t have any pets and Sandra will ONLY eat in the kitchen.  There are stainless steal appliances and a gas stove which is one of the things than anything else.  The house is also fully furnished in white furniture, but the walls were painted black.

            Both Derek and Sandra love the house and their glad that we can sell everything except for our clothes and Sandra’s toys.  That part makes me and Derek happy because we should get our money back by doing this. 

            Plus it makes Sandra happy because she thinks that we are going to be spending the money on her.  Even though Derek and I know that won’t happen, but we don’t want to make her mad just yet.  One of these days we are going to tell her that money won’t be spent on her.

            We just don’t want to do all of this while we are moving into our new house that is white with black walls.  All it takes is to get her mad with something that stains and have her dump it on something white and not washable.

            Derek and one of our neighbors, Reid, carried in the heavy stuff.  While me and Reid’s wife, Baili, carried in all the food, clothes, and Sandra’s toys.  Sandra ended up helping us bring in the clothes and her toys because that’s all she could carry    She wasn’t too happy about being able to only lift that much.  She also kept complaining that one of her toy boxes were to heavy for her.  Yet the box was labeled stuffed animals.  When she tried to lift the box she couldn’t get it past her knees. 

            When Derek got sick of her complaining he looked at her and told her that if she needed to, she could just push the box to her room because no one is going to pick it up and carry it for her.  I looked at him and I almost yelled at him, but then I thought that it was better than him picking it up and moving it for her even though we know that she can lift it herself.

            We were going to take Reid and Baili out for dinner so that we could thank them that way we could get to know them better that way we could get to know them better as well.  But now I have to find someone to watch Sandra because she isn’t ready to be left home alone yet.  But they get to pick where we go to eat but me and Derek are still paying.

            They have a teenager who will be going over to our house so that Sandra won’t be alone or scared.

Chapter fifteen

       We ended up going to Texas Roadhouse.  It wasn’t that expensive because all we ate was their bread and two plates of fries.  But we already planned to meet at the same place at the same time in a week to do the exact same thing, so we can discuss what is wrong in our lives.

            Once we got back to our house we found the whole house unpacked except for the kitchen, my bathroom, and my bedroom.  We also found our kids sleeping right next to each other but the problem is the fact that their kid is a guy.  But they both exhausted from all the work that they had just done.

            Hopefully they do end up dating because they look really cute together.  Yet I also hope that Sandra does the same thing that I did and wait till she is married before she looses her virginity.

            I think we all decided to just let them sleep there for the night.  In the morning they both woke up wondering what’s going on.  Then they looked at each other and started to make out.  Once they stopped making out they went and got Sandra signed up for classes since she is 16 now she can sign herself up for school.

            I just hope she finds reason to stay in class, unlike what Derek and I did. We actually became friends because we both skipped class every single day.  But I’m hoping John will help her stay in class.  If he doesn’t I will have words with both of them.

            If talking to them doesn’t work then I will be home schooling both of them and I don’t care what his parents say about me getting involved with their son.

            Once she got home from getting enrolled in school she asked me to sign her up for classes because she doesn’t care what she takes.  So I signed her up her up for the hardest classes she was able to take.

            The classes she ended up taking was Pre-AP Civics, Pre-AP Physical Science, Pre-AP Language Arts one and two, Spanish one and two, Choir, and P.E. since she let me pick her classes she is going to have a busy year and so she won’t be able to skip any classes.

            When Derek saw what I had signed her up for he said that I was doing the same thing to Sandra as my mom had done to me.

            “Well it’s not the same because I am letting her see her friends.”  I stated my ground even though I knew where he was coming from.

            “You are because you are setting your own daughter up to fail only because you don’t want to hear about Sandra doing the exact same things you did in high school.”  He always knew how to make me the bad guy.

            “Fine, you pick her classes and when she starts to skip classes you can deal with that as well.”  I told him all that and stormed off to our room.

            After a short period of time, he came in to find me so he could apologize for telling me I was being a horrible mother.  Once our conversation was over I left again because I knew he would never give me my own space. 

            He never gives me my own space anymore because he doesn’t know when I want to be left alone for a while.  There have only been a few times when he didn’t get the message and this is one of them.

            He decided to follow me and keep talking about how I am being to hard on Sandra.  But after a while of listening to him complain, I went and locked myself in one of the bathrooms in the house.  After that he finally got the fact that I wanted to be left alone.

            After I went to go and talk to Sandra to see which classes she wanted to do, he was standing outside Sandra’s door.  He wanted to talk to me for a ride so he could talk to me.  He apologized and I told him I loved him and when we got home we went right to our room so we could cuddle and watch t.v.

            The second our door closed, the doorbell rang.  So Derek got up and went to answer it but by the time he reached the door, all he saw was Sandra sneaking out of the house.  So he ended up staying up until she got home.

            At the moment she got home she got grounded and was going to be signed up for all the classes that I wanted her to be signed up in.  The only reason that we are putting her in all those classes is because when we were starting to skip class we first started to sneak out of the house.

            When she found out which classes it was she wasn’t to happy about it because she thought we were setting her up to fail.  Then when she found out that she couldn’t have anything below a C-.

            She wasn’t that thrilled about that rule either, but that will hopefully keep her in all of her classes and in the house doing her homework instead of hanging out with John.

            She and John have been dating ever since the day they met each other.  They kind of remind me of Derek and me when we were their age.  Most teenagers can hardly believe that we used to be the same age as them.

            The funny part is that I can still remember every dirty look that my dad gave me and I can remember why I would get the dirty looks as well.  Then when I moved in with Derek I thought the dirty looks would stop but then they started to come from his family, including him. The dirty looks from him haven’t stopped but now I keep getting them stopped but now I keep getting them from Sandra as well.

            Sandra has not only given Derek a dirty look, only me and I think its because I was in a coma and haven’t been able to see her for three years.  Or she thinks I make Derek choose my side because if he doesn’t I’ll start crying.  So one day after he came home from work I asked hem if he only agreed with me because if he doesn’t I start to cry.

            His response,

            “No, never, where did you get that crazy idea like that?”

            When I told him from Sandra.  He called her into the room to question her on it.

            As she tried to come up with a reasonable excuse, I tried to keep from crying.  Once he noticed he told me to go wait in the bedroom and he will come talk to me in a little bit.

            When he finally made it into the room to talk to me he brought her in with him.  After she apologized she went to go do her chores.  As she was doing her chores, she asked me if I would take a pregnancy test because they told us that there might be one egg that drops.

            Once I took the test, I started to cry again because I didn’t like what it read.  The reason I didn’t like it is because when I came out of the coma they told me that it could either kill me or put me back into a coma although for longer this time.

            Derek’s response was

            “Why not get an abortion? I mean I get that we said we would never kill one of our kids but when it comes to your health, I am up for anything.”

            My response was so loud that I scared our neighbors

            “NO! I DON’T CARE IF IT ENDS UP KILLING ME! I AM NOT GOING TO LET THEM KILL MY BABY!”

            When I finished my piece we had so many knocks on the door.  Most of them were complaints with congratulations and advice, but most of them were complaints.  No one wanted to hear what was going on with our family and if I was pregnant again.

            The worst part of this pregnancy is the fact that I was pregnant with triplets.  Derek wasn’t too happy about that part because it is almost guaranteed that I am going to end up dead.  But I have already made up my mind.  I mean he still has time to change it, but I know for a fact that it will never happen.

            Now all of our neighbors are joining in only because they want us to stop arguing and don’t want to hear four kids complaining that they have to grow up without a mother.  I would rather have them live without a mother, rather than not living at all.  I mean I have lived a happy live so far and I wouldn’t mind dying so someone else could have a chance at life.

            After a while instead of them changing one person’s mind, I changed all theirs except for Derek’s.  The only reason he won’t change his is because he is afraid that he will end up blaming the kids for my death and or kill himself.  Then we wouldn’t have anyone to watch the kids.

            Maybe if there was a way to compromise.  But when it comes to who should live and who should die, there really isn’t a compromise.  Now, if only there was a way for all of us to live.

            Maybe if I had a C-section they would live.  But Derek doesn’t want me to have a C-section because he has heard to many horror stories about women getting cancer from it. Even if they were to sterilize it first.

                        Yet supposedly you can get breast cancer from breast feeding.  I don’t believe any of that but he seems to.  Se he would rather have me be in pain and or die instead of live a little longer with cancer.

            At least we both agree that we would rather have me go into a coma for a while instead of die.  Now I just got to get him to agree on the cancer idea.

            Once he agrees with that then I would be a live and he wouldn’t have to kill himself.  Yet once I die I already know he will kill himself when I’m not around him anymore.  No matter what I say, do, or what anyone else does or says he will still kill him.  He only wants to be closer to me.

            I dying would be to getting a divorce.  The only difference s is, the kids wouldn’t have anywhere to go except for his house, and he wouldn’t ever accidentally run into me somewhere in the world.  The only way he would be able to see me is if he were to go to the cemetery.

            But I’m not dead yet and I don’t plan on dying during this pregnancy either.  No one thinks that I could beat the odds even though I beat them on coming out of the coma.  Everyone thinks that is really small because most shows that have to do with people coming out of comas.

            Yet I beat the odds of dying when we were in Jamaica and the serial killer was there.  Yet I wasn’t the only one that beat those odds. Man I may not come out of this.  Unless this will be my big moment to beat the odds.  I mean doesn’t everyone beat the odds at least once in their life.

            If I loose to these odds then I don’t deserve to live anyways.

 Chapter sixteen

       After I talked to Derek about me and killing myself, he started to cry.  All I could think of when I started crying he asked me “Why are you crying?”

            My response” Because your crying.”

            He then started laughing and told me that I need to take depression medication.  So in about a week I need to go and talk to the doctor so I can start taking the medication.

            First day on the meds and I can feel a difference.  The problem is the fact that Derek can’t see a difference in my behavior yet.  It hasn’t started to bother me quiet yet but that’s because its only the first day.

            Later that night we were talking and all a sudden James started to cry.  So Derek’s reaction was a grown, but before he could finish his grown, I was up out of the room.

            By the way we still live in the black and white house with the two bedrooms.  So James, Josh and Casey all share the room as their bedroom.  They don’t really care only three weeks old.

            Derek and I aren’t looking forward to helping these three grow up because of the arguments that we have had when Sandra was younger.  The worst part is that instead of helping one person grow up, we have to deal with three, all at the same time.

            The good part is that this time Sandra can help us with getting these three up and onto their feet.  At least when these three start school I will hopefully be there to pick them up as well as drop them off this time.

            They have been with us for a whole month now and we haven’t had one fight yet.  So maybe it will be different this time.  Maybe I needed the pills a while ago.

Chapter seventeen

       Today is the first day that the three musketeers go to school.  While they are at school the rest of us get to go to the new house and finish unpacking all the boxes.

            The new house has five bedrooms, three bathrooms, and a huge garage.  This house is black but it isn’t completely furnished so we get to move all of this furniture with it.

            At least our neighbors from the other neighborhood.  Once the three of them get out of school we are going to go and pick them up.  Once we get back we are going to take the adults that helped, out to dinner.

            When we got back we found all the kids sleeping on top of one another.  We decided to wake them always making out when they woke up in the morning.

            None of the kids were happy about being woken up but we all think they will get over it.  Even if they don’t get over it, it wont matter because we’re adults and we aren’t supposed to make kids lives happy and enjoyable.

            My mother never made my life happy, that’s why I moved out of her house.  Yet everyone thinks I should be nicer to these kids, especially James, Josh, and Casey.  I probably shouldn’t forget about Sandra.

            Even though she doesn’t deserve to have fun.  She keeps sneaking out of the house.  I am pretty sure she keeps sneaking out of class as well.

            Once I get a phone call to let me know she keeps skipping, I will be going with her to school everyday, just to embarrass her, I will also ground her for such a long time that when she gets ungrounded she won’t know what to do.  But since we had to get her to change schools, the call will probably take longer to reach me.  I hope that they look at her grades and absences so I will get the phone call.

            I guess Derek was right, I am turning into my mother.  The one person I didn’t want to become.  I really don’t want to become her because she is the one that drove me out of the house and split up my relationship with her and the rest of my family.

            Now that I can’t see the rest of my family my daughter isn’t able to see my side of the family and they can’t see Derek’s side either because his parents are alcoholics.  So now my kids get to grow up without any grandparents.  Now James, Josh and Casey will definitely never get to see their grandparents.

            At least Sandra got to spend a little time with her grandmother on her dad’s side.  The only reason she got to see them was because that is when we found out about their problem that they don’t think that they have.

            No matter how many times or who tries to tell them, they  still won’t admit that they have a problem.  Derek’s mom has been to the hospital three times for her liver and way more than able to count to get her stomach pumped.  His father has already died from liver failure.

            Now all we are doing is waiting for Derek’s mother to die so we can plan another funeral that we can’t take our four kids to because they didn’t know her.  I doubt anyone will show up for her funeral because no one showed up for his father’s except for me, Derek, and Derek’s mother. The pastor even failed to show up.  We ended up just putting him in the ground.  Then after a while the people that owned the graveyard told us we had to leave soon because they had another next to ours.

            Me and Derek are going on a date though, only to get his mind off of his parents.  He hasn’t been able to keep his mind off of everyone else in the family don’t really care about their grandmother going next.  They don’t even care that they can’t see my parents either because my mom is in even know I have Sandra let alone three more after her.

            When I explained to them that they would never see any extended family, they didn’t really care because that means that they wouldn’t have to deal with the awkward conversations or trying to impress anyone.  When they really didn’t care about my family it kind of broke my heart.

            Even though they don’t really care about me, I still care about them, all of them.  That same night I talked to Derek about the way I felt towards my family and his response

            “Well, maybe we just need to up your dosage on the anti-depressions.”

            My oh so famous response was

            “Why would you want to do that?   So I can be nomb and never have actual feelings or maybe you don’t want to help me get my side of our family back together so our kids can grow up with at least one set of grandparents like I did.”

            His not so kind response

            “Maybe everything isn’t about you and how you lived and how you want the kids to live or how you want to make it right with your parents even though you know for a fact that there is nothing you can do to get them back.”

Chapter eighteen

       After our little argument that lasted about a week, I went and filed for divorce against the guy who wanted a girl with no issues and he didn’t want to have to worry about the kids to worry about the kids except for child’s support.

            It didn’t take him long to agree to the divorce.  All he wanted was the car and then he wants me to have everything else.  That includes the money, the house, the kids, the pets, the furniture, and the truck.

            Yet I don’t know now he plans on paying child’s support if he doesn’t have any money or a place to live.  Plus he can’t even hold down a steady job, he has gone from one job to the next.  I mean he stays with law enforcement.  But yet it seems like every time he joins a “team” they end up going bankrupt because they don’t get any calls of anyone doing anything wrong for such a long time.

            I just hope that after a while they will realize that he is a bad germ and he won’t get hired anymore.  Then he won’t be able to afford child’s support on the four of them and then he will be able to rot in jail, where he keeps trying  in jail where he’s been trying to put other people but failing miserably.

            But yet I don’t want him to end up in jail because I need that money to spend on the kids for clothes and school supplies, but mainly clothes because they are growing like weeds.

            After we met court to make it official, I almost past out because my family was there only because I was going to divorce Drerek. That’s when I almost called it off but I didn’t because my parents don’t like him and it’s the only way me and my kids will be able to see my family.

            Besides my kids really need to be with their family, even if it isn’t all of their family.  My side is better that none.  My kids are very unhappy about the divorce but they are even more upset about their grandparents and family coming back into their lives.

            Because  of the kid’s age, they get to choose who they wanted to live with James, Josh, and Casey all chose me, but Sandra had a month to decide.

            During that month she spent the week at my house and the weekend at Derek’s because it is to a coma for three years when she was younger.

            I dint really mind because the other three chose me so he had to pay me child support and I didn’t owe him one cent of my money.  When he found out about this, he went and sewed the judge for all he was worth.

            I went to the court but only to see Derek owe the judge money.  Once he paid the judge his money he ended up paying me double the child’s support because that is what the judge wanted.  Before they went to court the judge talked to Derek to see if he actually wanted to go through with it.

            Derek agreed to go through with the sewing and ended up looking and owing me more money.  Finally Derek got what he deserved.  After a while though he stopped paying altogether and when I tried to ask the judge for help, he didn’t really have anything to say or do about it because he got the money that he wanted out of it.

            So I went to my lawyer and he told me to sew him for all the money that he owes me and bring the price down to the original price and if you need to sew him all the time then go for it.

Chapter nineteen

       When I got home from the lawyers office, I found James asleep on the couch, Josh in his bed, and Casey sleeping in James bed and her own bed pushed together.

            When I woke James up to find out what was going on there was a guy that walked out of Casey’s room.  After he tried to run back into her room and lock the door, I woke her up and asked her what was going on.

            Her statement

            “I told him to go out the window so he wouldn’t wake you up.”

            Mine was way better.

            “Well, maybe you shouldn’t have had him over behind my back.  Oh and I almost forgot that your punishment is the fact that you are now grounded and if I ever see you with him again, I will send you to your dad’s and you will live there for a while, and if you think I’m strict, wait till you see his punishment for something like this.”

            She finally stopped talking and just went to bed because she knew I wouldn’t change my mind anyways.  So now she is going to be grounded for a month.  Yet she won’t be just sitting in her room, she will be doing chores around the house as well.

            Once her month was over I gave her the sex talk.  After the sex talk I caught Josh trying to sneak a girl out of the window.  So I gave him double the grounding because he should have learned from me grounding Casey.

            Then I gave him the exact same talk.  But this time I gave him the talk to James as well.  Now all of my kids have gotten the sex talk. I still don’t get why they would try sneaking by me.

            I have finally figured it out, they aren’t only trying to test me, but it is also because they are mad because me and their father got a divorce.  Yet I don’t get why they didn’t just come and talk to me about this.  They won’t even talk to me about school.

            So all I am going to do is go and ask the teachers what is going on with my kids.  After I talked to all of their teachers, I found out that Josh and James were getting picked on Casey was helping pick on them.

            When I got home I talked to Casey to see why she was picking on her brother’s at school yet they play games when they are home.

            “Because they act like nerds at school and if I got caught defending them ii would get made fun of as well and so I joined in and they told me that they didn’t mind because that means that we aren’t related.”

            Then I brought her brothers in to deal with this situation once and for all.  They told me the exact same thing.  But when I told Casey to look out for her brothers, she laughed in all of our faces.  So I told her she does it or she goes to catholic school.

            After I told her that she finally started to help her brothers.  When she started to get picked on herself I went to the teachers offices to see why they wouldn’t help my kids when they get picked on.

            All the teachers said the exact same thing,

            “Well because we only get repots of them getting picked on but none of the teachers have ever seen  them get made fun of.”

            Well my response was way more though out then theirs was,

            “Well why not have teachers follow them to their next class?  Wouldn’t it be easier  than getting all of these complaints, I mean this is a catholic school right, so then why are people getting picked on and the teachers are doing nothing?”

            There comment was so funny

            “Well we never really though about that.”

            That is the most generic answer that anyone can say.  I guess that what makes it so dang funny.

 

Chapter twenty

       Time to go get ready for my C-section.  Yep we agreed on the dreadful C-section.  I am so scared, and I don’t know what to do. 

            All the nurses keep telling me to stay calm.  How do they expect me to when I could end up with cancer.  Then when I bring it up they tell me not to worry about it because not many people get cancer from it but it scares the women when they go in to have a C-section.

            Now that the C-section is done and all of us are alive everyone is happy.  Well there is one person that isn’t happy.  I just hope he will get over it eventually.  He won’t even say “hi” to anyone that is in the room.

            All the people in the room are Reid, Baili, Sandra, John, and more of our neighbors. None of our family member came even though this was a life or death situation.

            Everyone is happy that I am alive with no sign of cancer.  Yet he wont talk to anyone, he won’t even hold or look at any of his kids. 

            Hopefully he won’t blame them for what I chose to do.  Its not like they could have told me not to do it.  Hopefully I can beat the odds of cancer as well because I have already beaten the odds for death and a coma all at once.

            He doesn’t seem to be thrilled about that. He looks more like he would rather have me be dead.  If he keeps giving me that look then I would rather just kill myself so he can have his wish.

            Yet I don’t want to kill myself because of my kids.  Yeah I get I was going to kill myself for my kids but now I have seen them, I don’t want to kill myself.

Chapter twenty one

       The next day I sent my kids to school feeling like they were going to have fun today.  Then one doubt that I got is that if they leave my kids alone for just a few seconds then the other kids will have another reason to make fun of my kids.           

My conscience keeps telling me to take my kids to a different school because this one isn’t really helping my kids out ever.

            Yet I don’t know where I would take them because he wouldn’t pay me for child’s support.  Now because he didn’t give me the money I can’t get them into a different school.  The God thinks everyone should have an education so they let my kids for free.

            Now I have to go and ask my parents if they would loan me the money to put three kids into school since baby daddy won’t pay for it.  The good part is the fact that any parents my parents will pay for it until I am able to go and sew Derek for all the money he owes me from the time of the court day to now.  I just hope that  the judge doesn’t decide to hold off on my file so I get more, yet I do hope for that because then I would be able to pay my parents back and start to pay for their schooling on my own.

Chapter twenty two

       They have finally Okayed my file.  The court day is set for tomorrow.  That doesn’t rally bother me because I have been talking with my lawyer just in case this kind of thing happens.  Yet I feel bade for Derek because he didn’t know he was getting sewed until today.

            When we got to court the next day, he started to cuss me out.  After he finally stopped yelling at me, I started to explain how I had sent that in day’s maybe even months ago.  So don’t be going off on me.  The good part is the fact that my lawyer is the son of the judge that Derek tried but failed to sew.

            With that note I will probably end up winning and so if he fails to pay me again he will end up going to jail.  Yet he wins then he never owes me money again and he gets to get a restraining order on me.  The whole restraining order through me off because I never talk to him or see him, but I think its more for Sandra.  Sandra hasn’t really like me since the day I came out of the coma.  I guess I can’t really blame her because ever since I have come back all I have done is yelling at her for every little thing that she would do wrong.  Maybe Derek blames me for us getting a divorce and the three of them all picking me.  I can understand Derek never really bonded with them.  I mean when they were born he never rally looked at them.  After they were born he would hear them cry and he would roll over and go back to sleep or wake me up and tell me to go deal with which ever one was crying.

            That was the time that I stopped caring what he did.  After a while he started to take after his parents and that’s when I went to court to get custody of Sandra.  I didn’t care if she was eighteen, I didn’t want her living with that much alcohol in the house.  Finally I won her over too and she was actually happy that she didn't have any friends or anywhere to go to get out of that house.  Her and I still hade our issues when she first started living with us but after a while we started getting along again.  Then she started to get better.

            Everyday her and I started to talk and then we started to have movie night once a week together.  So I think both of us were glad that I fought for her.  She also admitted to doing a lot of stuff that she shouldn’t have done.  Some weren’t that bad but others I wanted to ground myself because I was so stupid for not noticing that.

            After a while I started to get more upset with myself that I did with her.  T couldn’t believe I let her take advantage of me.  Then again she was a teenager and she was testing her limits with the rules.

            Once I realized this, her and I had a serious talk about what I had done to her ever since I cam out of the coma.  When we finished our conversation we were both crying because she agreed to forgive me and I was crying because I was sorry for always yelling at her.

            The very last thing she said to me that night was

            “Mom, you were right, I did skip school almost everyday , but there isn’t anything I would do to go back and stay in school everyday.  Oh and mom, I love you.  Well good night, I’ll see you in the morning.”

            I didn’t respond, all I did was sit there and cry.  There wasn’t much I could say either.  I’m sure she took the tears as a good thing.  At lest I hope she did.  When she graduated high school, I was the ONLY one that went from our family except for James, Josh, and Casey.  It was really disappointing, but it mainly upset Sandra

            On the way home then, I stopped and picked up some of her favorite movies, popcorn, and four big tubs of ice-cream along with marshmallows, chocolate bars, chocolate syrup, and caramel syrup.

            All of us had the best time that night.  It was better than the movie night that we had the first night.  I personally think this is the best movie night we have ever had.  But that wasn’t her graduation present that she got for me was a dog.

            When she got the dog she named him Buddy, but she didn’t really explain why.  I think that was the name that popped into her head.  Then about a week later her and a group of people from school went to hang out in a club.  I told her to be home by midnight and she was home an hour late.  Then when she walked in the door, she had brought a guy into the house with her even though she knew the rule was no guys allowed in the house unless I Okayed it before hand and it was the same thing with girls for the guys.

            So when she got him into the spare bedroom, she came back to talk to me about why there was a guy in my house.  Her excuse was that he was drunk and his parents didn’t like it when he went out at night and then came home drunk.  Since her excuse was so bad I could tell that she was drunk, I told her that we can deal with this in the morning.

            Once I Okayed her to go to bed, she got up and kind of staggered to get to her bedroom.  In the morning I made sure to tell James, Josh, and Casey to make as much noise as possible because hopefully that would keep her from ever drinking again.  That actually worked for the guy that she had brought home.  Although when they first started to make the noise he wanted to kill them, but after a while he realized what I was doing.

            For Sandra though me and her new boy toy had to explain it to her and even after that she still didn’t get it.  After about a week had gone by she finally realized and then she came and complained to me about it.  The saddest part is that she isn’t even blonde and it took her a week to get it.

            She is a brunette  with brown eyes.  As far as I know she has never died her hair because the last time I saw her before she went to live with her father it was brunette then as well and I don’t think it has faded at all.  Even though she has never died her hair I honestly think it should be dyed blonde because she acts like a blonde all the time. She doesn’t even know how to spell blonde.  Most of the time she ends up spelling BOLD and that isn’t the only word that she keeps misspelling.  I can’t really list them all either because the world doesn’t have enough paper for that.

            Even though she acts like a blonde, there hasn’t been one guy that has ever taken advantage of her.  Not saying that none have ever thought about it.  She is still with her boy toy and they both want to marry each other.  I told both of them that they are totally opposite of each other, so I think that they are going to bump heads a lot.

            Apparently neither of them really care because they are engaged and they are both planning the wedding together.  I also think that is the sweetest thing because most guys either plan the whole wedding or none of the wedding but the tuxedos and the best man.

            The good part is when she first started to plan her wedding she was fine, but the second she got stressed out eh stepped in and finished working out the final details.  Once they got the day to show up.  The only thing he didn’t help plan was her wedding dress.  But she didn’t help pick out his tuxedo either.

            When the wedding was here they were both having second thoughts.  His father told him about how long they had been dating, and I told Sandra the exact same thing.  After a while they got sick of hearing that, so they went through with the wedding and everyone was happy.

            While they were on their honeymoon me and his parents got to know each other a little bit better.  The only thing that they didn’t find out is why I and Derek got a divorce.  But one thing I found out about Derek is the fact that I wasn’t the first wife of the first one that he had kids with and then abandoned them without child’s support.  When I found that out I started to hang out with her more.  After thinking about it for a little while I realized that Sandra married her half brother, unless that wasn’t the kid she was talking about.

            Once they got back I told Sandra about my theory.  So she talked to Andrew to see who his biological father was.  When he said Derek they ended up getting a divorce because it is illegal to date or marry any part of your family.

Chapter twenty three

 

       I got a boyfriend now, and I made sure he won’t end up leaving me.  So now I keep giving him these tests mean I know he’s getting sick of the test, yet he knows why I’m giving him them.  He has supposedly heard of Derek Herman.

.  He is good with kids as well.  Sometimes he even takes them out to get ice cream and to see a movie if they have been good and get their homework done.

            Sometimes I think he loves them more than me.

            Later he explained to me that even though his name is Derek as well, doesn’t mean that I  is going to leave you as well.  So I  want you to stop giving me these unexpected tests.  They are driving me nuts and I might leave you if they don’t stop.

            Sorry that but my name is Derek Morgan not Derek Herman, we are two different people.

            After he finished talking he left to calm down, but I don’t remember him b=coming back.  The next day though he came over and apologized for leaving me in the restaurant the other day.  All I did was cry and run into his arms.  I almost forgot to mention he didn’t want me taking the anti-depressants anymore because he thought they made me into a robot.

            Now he thinks I should go back on them but at the lowest amount.  Today is the first day I went back on them and he thinks they are really helping with my crying.  Yet they don’t make me act like a robot.  He seems to agree with that as well.

Chapter twenty four

       All of my kids are out of the house and in college, one thing I wish I would have done instead of skipping class.  At least I am not the only one that didn’t go to college.  Derek Morgan ( the only Derek I will be talking about) didn’t go to college either and when I found out I was actually very happy.

            He couldn’t figure out why until I told him that I never went to college either.  He wasn’t as happy as I was.  The reason was because he wanted to go to college about two weeks ago but yet he thought it was to late.  So I told him that we could go together.  He agreed but still didn’t make him happy with his life choice.  When I tried to make him even happier he just became sadder.  Finally I just let him be and he got even more upset because I wasn’t spending time with him anymore.

            There is no way to cheer him up so all I do is spend time with him.  Him and I hardly ever talk.  Our kids are afraid that we are going to get a divorce again and they don’t want to have to choose.

            Oh I almost forgot to mention that him and I have adopted kids together.  Their names are Samantha and Ryan.

            Now we are in an argument with our kids and how we are going o either fix this or wait till all of them live on their own so they don’t have to choose.  They still think that if the argument gets to be to bad then we will get a divorce sooner.

Chapter twenty five

            I think the kids may be right but I don’t want Derek to know that because he’ll make it happen like right now even though we should keep trying to make our marriage work still.

            Poor kids, I don’t want them to have to go through all of this stuff like the other kids had to.  I mean all of them are trying to suck up their pain up and act like adults.  I really wish there was something I could do to help them out. 

            “Its not that bad, we could have gotten a divorce right when the argument started.  I mean if you want to give up and ruin our promise to the kids signing anything until we actually try to fix this.”        “Well I gave up on trying months ago.  So won’t be much help.”  All he could do is yelling at me.

            “Maybe you should start trying again because I love you and I don’t want to get a divorce from you.”  I tried to not cry but it didn’t work.  All he did was laughed at me because I was crying.

            “Why are you laughing at me?”

            “Because you honestly think crying is going to help?”

            “No I tried to keep from crying but it didn’t really work but everything that I told you is true.”

            “Right and you except me to believe this isn’t some scam to not get a divorce right away because of the kids.  Well I’m not falling for it so you can cut the act.”

            “What is wrong with you?  You have been grumpy for months now and every time I ask what’s wrong you shrug your shoulders to like brush me off and try to put on a smile but it never seems to work.”

            “Nothings wrong it’s just that I can’t seem to stay happy for the kids or for you.  I just don’t know what to do.”

            “I might, go take a few o my anti-depressant pills.”

            “How many should I take though?”

            “Take one for now and if it doesn’t work take two tomorrow but if you start to feel like a robot then cut them in half.”

            “Ok but don’t you need to take these still?”

            “Nope I haven’t taken them for a month now and you haven’t noticed so I think I’m good.”

            “Ok well I am going to go take these and go to bed.  Come to bed soon because we have a busy day ahead of us tomorrow.”

            “Will do.”

Chapter twenty six

            It has been a year now and he doesn’t need the anti-depressants any more.  S our whole family is literally drug free.

            Now that we are all drug free and are our normal selves we are a family.  Derek seems to spending more time with us but the kids think their to old to have family time besides holidays.

            Looks like they don’t want to go to amusement parks.  So we are taking them to a hotel instead. The one problem is that they want their own room.  Which we have to let them because one hotel room isn’t big enough for all of us.  They don’t really seem to want to do anything but sleep.

            Well the guys want to go swimming to find girls and the girls want to go shopping to find guys.  So we are going shopping, going to eat and going back to the hotel to swim.

            Hopefully we doing everything that they want to do the first day.  If not we can always squeeze in to tomorrow.  Since we are staying for a week we don’t want to cram to much into one day because then what are we going to do the rest of the time we are here. 

            Shopping wasn’t any fun because we ended up spending most of the time looking for the kids.  Plus we had to stand around and watch our kids check people out.  Then when we went out to eat, the kids were very disrespectful and when we went swimming, it was like shopping all over again.

            Samantha found herself a guy finally but the guys are crash and burning left and right.  Although Sandra didn’t want to come, she did anyways and she determined that she is going to get a guy that she isn’t related to.

            But Samantha’s guy ended up having to leave and so she went to the game room and all of a sudden he walked into there.  This time though neither of them had their parents with them.  So they both started to flirt with each other and they found out that they used to be neighbors.  So they gave each other their phone numbers and all of a sudden he kissed her.  Then they started to make out until she put her hands on his neck and he backed away.

            “What’s wrong?  Did I do something wrong?”

            “No, its not you, my mom, she hits me all the time and you hit one of y bruises.”

            “Oh that’s sad, have you told anyone?”

            “Yeah, their looking for a family for me.  They actually found one and that’s why I’m here.  That way they can pick me up.”

            “Really, we’re here to pick someone up from here.”

            “Maybe you’re supposed to pick me up.”

            “I hope so.”

            “Me too.”

            “Why don’t we go back to my room and watch TV?”

            “Ok.”

            When my parents came back and saw us together they were glad that I was getting along with him since he was going to be living with us until he turned eighteen.

            “Well now that we have found him, we can leave.”

            “So I hear we used to be neighbors>”

            “Yeah.”

            I have a question, will I be sharing a room with Samantha?”

            “No each of you gets your own rooms but yours will be right next to her’s.”

            “That works.”

            Once we got home Samantha helped Zack unpack.  Then she helped him cover up his bruises.  After they covered all the bruises they went to bed.  The next day they covered all his bruises again.

            Once they got all his bruises covered again they went out to wait for the bus.  At school they held hands and once school was over they sat by each other on the bus but never looked or talked to each other.

            When they got asked if they were dating, they denied it because neither of them asked the other one out yet.  So later that day Samantha got asked out and she said yes.  Then later that night though Zack asked her out and she said yes to him as well.

            Now Samantha has to brake up with one of them.  The one she is deciding to brake up with is Zack because they live together and she doesn’t think that will work out.   Plus she likes Donovan better. 

            Zack wasn’t happy but he understood and he was determined that he was going to date her.  She knows that will never happen but Donovan doesn’t know that so he is worried that sooner or later she is going to brake up with him. So he is trying to not get to attached to her. 

            Now he wont even kiss her when she gets off the bus.  He still sits by her but wont look at her or talk to her.  When they are at school he doesn’t even walk her to her classes.  So later that day on the bus she talked to him to see what was going on.

            “Hey.”

            “Hey.”

            “Why don’t you ever talk to me, look at me, kiss me, or walk me to my classes anymore?”

            “Because of the situation with Zack and how he wants to date you.  I don’t want to get hurt if you do choose to go out with him.”

            “Wait, you honestly think I would be that mean to you?”
            “No, but I don’t want to take any chances with my feelings because the last time that happened, it took me about two months to talk to anyone.”

            “Well I can tell you this right now, I plan on marrying you, whether you feel the same way or not I am going to marry you.”

            “Ok, but you don’t have to do that because I want to marry you as well.”

            “Ok, well this is my stop so bye.”

            “Ok, bye.”

            When I get home every night now from school, I run to my room and wait for him to call me because him and I can never finish our conversations while we are on the bus.  Most of the stuff we talk about, is how much we love each other.  We also sit there and plan what our wedding is going to look like and who will be invited besides our family members.

            Which reminds me, I told him how my grandparents on my mom’s side don’t talk to us and how the ones on my dad side kind of do but they don’t like my mom at all so they hardly come over.  He said that it was ok because his is the same way all though its backwards of mine.

            We also talk about how we only want at least two kids and how we want to adopt instead of having me give birth.  We also talked about when we are going to get married and we both like the idea of getting married right after college.  But we are going to make sure that we don’t date nor have affairs with other people through high school or through college.

 

Chapter twenty seven

            We are both finally done with college and we have already gotten married.  Now that we have gotten married we are living on our own.  We have already adopted our first child and we named her Jade. Jade is already five years old and is starting kindergarten.

            Once we dropped her off at school on her first day…I got a phone call from my mom,

            “Hello.”

            “Hey.”

            “What’s up?”   

            “Are you sitting down?”

            “Yeah, but I am kind of driving.”

            “Can you pull over and let Donovan drive please?”

            “Yeah hang on…What’s up?”

            “I got a phone call from the hospital today.”

            “Oh no, is it dad, James, Josh, Casey, Sandra, or Zack?”

            “Zack.”

            “What happened?”
            “He got shot in the back.”

            “What?”

            “Yeah.”

            “Is he going to be ok?”

            “He died in the ambulance on the way there.”

            “NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”      

            “You were the first one that I called.”

            “Thank you, bye.”

            “Bye.”

            Once I hung up the phone I started to get flooded with questions from Donovan.  The problem was that I couldn’t answer any of them.  Finally I stopped crying long enough to answer one of them.

            “Honey, what happened?”

            “Zack got shot in the back and died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.”

            All of a sudden, he drove into the middle of the street and hit the brakes.  The person coming towards them crashed right into them.  The person that hit them lived so he called 9-1-1 but by the time they got there Samantha was dead and Donovan was extremely hurt.

            When Donovan heard that Samantha was dead, he went home and hung himself.  After they found his body, Jade ended up going to live with her grandparents.  She ended up growing up with them and when she got old enough to know what happened to her parents her grandparents to her that hey died in a car accident.  After that conversation they never spoke of it again and Jade tried to seem happy without her parents but ended up cutting herself and she never let herself get close to anyone.

 

 

 

 

The end

© 2011 Casey Cooper


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on March 26, 2011
Last Updated on March 26, 2011

Author

Casey Cooper
Casey Cooper

Grain Valley, MO



About
I like criminal minds playing sports reading books and writting stories more..