human skills

human skills

A Poem by monono

People remember me?
Walk walk Don't see me walk walk don't see me walk walk don't see/know...

"I know you!"

I flounder--she is saying things... things things... wait are you going inside the room I ask-- nope---there's something being said about having gastric and that it is a half-assed sickness--oh right she said she is sick--shucks I should ask if she is feeling better--but she just said that it is half-assed because she is feeling better now (was that rude not to ask anyway)(why is she just kinda talking when I'm not saying anything, wait isn't that better at least it's not awkward silence but probably that's why she's talking nonstop) --yeah that class last semester was actually not bad--(huh what are you kidding) but I say uhh right, at least the grade was good(uhh what crap did I just say) --- we didn't learn anything ---yeah...---...---...

So.... how are you?-------- (oh ok great we've finally reached that quintessential question)
Uhh okay busy with assignments----------------------------------
(then we start talking about assignments which is strange but absolute relief until...)

The door opens and saves us.

It's moments like this
that tell you
right in your face:

Sometimes, to be human is to completely lose
all goddamned f*****g sense of
social skills.

© 2017 monono


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aha, I really like this. The ellipses and the dashes really heighten the awkward tension. Ofc, the last few lines are what brings it together.

Posted 6 Years Ago


monono

6 Years Ago

Thanks for the read, I'm glad you liked it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Added on October 30, 2017
Last Updated on December 2, 2017
Tags: Prose-poem

Author

monono
monono

Writing
Year 2082 Year 2082

A Story by monono


Forgetful Forgetful

A Poem by monono


Mister black Mister black

A Poem by monono