Tears From The Eyes Of A Monster

Tears From The Eyes Of A Monster

A Poem by M O R P H I N E
"

And deep within rests a monster.

"

There are 24 hours in a day.

12 months.

And 4 seasons.

 Still, in all that time, I haven’t found what I am looking for.

Endless conversations with my other self have only lead to disruptive behavior. The blade is a lot sharper now and the alcohol tastes even better

Your voice has now begun to fade. You can longer get to me, darling. I am now falling even deeper into the abyss. The dark pits that are painted with seas of fire. Screaming souls that continue to die over and over and over…

When will this end, you ask? There is no end. There is no such thing.

An infinite abyss that once you’re in, you can never escape. You simply fade.

Even I have begun my transition.

Even I have begun to fade.

© 2011 M O R P H I N E


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I dig most of this. The title, the format,the beginning(it almost sounds like you're counting down to something eminent) - the diction, and some of the phrasing "dark pits that are painted with seas of fire".

There are somethings I think you can tweak, but if you really want to know my 2cents in that department, you can always message me.

Very Post-modern. Intriguing work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is awesome there are some lines I would break into 2 lines, but otherwise it is perfect.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I dig most of this. The title, the format,the beginning(it almost sounds like you're counting down to something eminent) - the diction, and some of the phrasing "dark pits that are painted with seas of fire".

There are somethings I think you can tweak, but if you really want to know my 2cents in that department, you can always message me.

Very Post-modern. Intriguing work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

326 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 31, 2011
Last Updated on January 31, 2011

Author

M O R P H I N E
M O R P H I N E

Here



About
5 years later, I'm back! I have left all my written pieces from back then on here, available for anyone interested. Twitter: @painpenpaper Tumblr: http:/dearwhoever-fromme.tumblr.com more..

Writing