Dreams of a Lone Wolf

Dreams of a Lone Wolf

A Poem by Tamara Moon
"

I felt like writing about dreams.

"
Dreams of a Lone Wolf
As I drifted off I dreamed.
I had a real family, not just moss clumps I called my pups.
My mate was loving, my parents the very same.
All my wrongdoing was forgotten.
And then I woke up.
The next night I dreamed my life was worse than it is.
There was a war. I could not hide.
Everywhere I stayed there were enemies.
Everyone was against each other.
Nobody forgave me.
And then I woke up.
The night after that my dream was empty.
I roamed in blackness.
In solitude.
I took this time alone to understand my dreams.
To understand myself.
I learned to remember what life could be and treasure it,
And to be thankful for what I had, knowing it could be worse.
I had learned my life lesson.
I never dreamed again.

© 2010 Tamara Moon


Author's Note

Tamara Moon
It was supposed to be kind of sad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Good write, some minor errors. The flow was good, and teaches a good life lesson. The last two lines seem a little forced. What about "And from my dreams I learn the reality of life" ...yeah i dont know either. Just some thoughts. Look forward to more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Ooh, chilling! Especially the last line. Very sad, very poignant. To make it more effective, I would say "I had learned my lesson" in the second to last line, instead of "my life lesson," which sounds condescending and preachy, like a poem a disappointed grandma would write to her granddaughter. The same applies to the whole last stanza. I would avoid using phrases like "I learned to remember what life could be and treasure it" that sound like a generic greeting card. You're a good writer, so you can make these emotions believable without telling the reader directly.

I like the structure you've chosen. You dream your life is better, you dream your life is worse, you dream of nothing at all. The second stanza is probably my favorite. I wouldn't change a thing. It's simple, powerful, and has the fear and detachment of someone who's been through war. The line "Nobody forgave me" is extra-potent. It raises all kinds of unanswered questions, which adds a layer of mystery to the piece.

Great work! Keep it up!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good write, some minor errors. The flow was good, and teaches a good life lesson. The last two lines seem a little forced. What about "And from my dreams I learn the reality of life" ...yeah i dont know either. Just some thoughts. Look forward to more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 4, 2010
Last Updated on August 4, 2010

Author

Tamara Moon
Tamara Moon

About
Hi, I'm Tamara or Tammy. I'm a Wrilet, a writer under 18. I'm actually turning 11 soon. I like to write about wolves. I believe they are majestic and misunderstood. I'm also against fox hunting and a.. more..

Writing