Passion In Trying

Passion In Trying

A Story by Morgan Leigh
"

How the destruction of your heart can completely break you but it does create a new path for you to take. How it can be so devastating but at least there will be passion in trying.

"

“I cannot believe you went and bought a dog without even talking to me first!” I yelled at my boyfriend, Charlie, as he held the absolute most precious little doggo in his arms. He was a golden retriever mix, gorgeous eyes and a body full of adventure. Seems impossible to be upset at. I felt waves of excitement, anger, exhaustion and love all at once. Not to mention, Charlie was looking at me with the softest eyes I’d ever seen - and his blue eyes pierced through me everytime. 

“Yaknow, he could be the perfect addition to our family,” He held his arms out so that I could hold the puppy in my arms. 

“Yaknow, that sounds wonderful,” I took the little golden boy into my arms. He was incredibly soft and antsy, I could tell he wanted to just go and run around. “So since you did all of the hard work in getting him, do I get to name him?” I laughed as Charlie rolled his eyes at my sarcasm. 

“Surely,” He tapped his little head. I placed him gently on the hardwood floor, just to see what he would do and sure enough he began to run around our entire hallway into the living room. We both sighed and smiled as we went in for one of our hugs. “I’m thinking Lucky,” Charlie kissed my forehead.

“Why’s that?” I looked up at him.

“Because it’s pretty lucky we got to have this incredible life together.” At that moment, the little guy walked, practically running down the hallway back to our feet. He had definitely destroyed something and was trying to hide so we couldn’t be mad. 

“I like that.” I picked him back up and started to walk into the living room, where indeed there was a pillow causality. I kissed the little guy on the head. “Lucky you’re so damn cute for ruining my pillow, for sure.” Charlie laughed and that was it - the start to our family.


© 2021 Morgan Leigh


Author's Note

Morgan Leigh
Hello - this is kind of epilogue to the story almost. I am going to post this as my first interaction with the site, so I might have to change it as I figure it out.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on September 1, 2021
Last Updated on September 1, 2021
Tags: love, drama, medicine, nurse, OBYN, heartbreak, smell

Author

Morgan Leigh
Morgan Leigh

Philadelphia, PA



About
Hello! I'm a 24 year old who loves a good story. I enjoy the emotions writing allows you to release and I appreciate the work and pride that goes into written stories. more..