A Distant Memory

A Distant Memory

A Poem by Meg

I look into your eyes, the shape of you filling up the space beside me.  Your eyes appear intoxicated as they gaze into mine, evidence to me of your affection.  You love me, who was just yesterday the little girl with matted hair and dirty fingernails from whom the little boys ran at recess.  Your love has rendered me a woman, my childhood left behind me in a faraway memory. I have never beheld anyone more handsome.

My cheeks blushing, I break the stare.  Your arms wrap around me tightly and I bury my nose into your neck memorizing your scent.  Your love drunken eyes bring out the shyness in me, but the hint of a smile lingers on my lips and I press them lightly to your jaw.  Forever, you said. Forever.  But you fade away as the light breaks through my window.  A dream.  A shadow. A distant memory.  My heart aches, empty and lonely like the space beside me.  “I miss you,” I whisper in the bareness of my room. I miss you…

© 2012 Meg


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is so beautiful. We all feel this way and to see it in writing? Amazing. Great job on this! Good write. Very emontional

Posted 12 Years Ago


Aw :( so sad. Beautiful poem. Wonderfully written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Loss of somebody in your life has left a large hole within you. Very expressive and heartbreakingly sad write. You have written this very well :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This leaves so much impact in its wake and actually conjured images of a first love from my own childhood. A ghost of which still haunts from time to time. You left this open to the reader as we do not know if it is a person who has just left or passed away. Either way loss helps to define us. So many people who have imprinted their effect on our hearts, walk on, completely unawares of that piece of soul they carry. The same void we forever miss and essentially mourn.

I agree with notonlybutalso...beautiful!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 19, 2012
Last Updated on January 20, 2012
Tags: romance, poetry, prose

Author

Meg
Meg

About
I enjoy writing for myself and I hope to improve my skills. more..

Writing
Rat-tat-tat Rat-tat-tat

A Poem by Meg