Bruised but beating.

Bruised but beating.

A Poem by laura hope
"

holding on.

"
Another day has passed and the only thing by my side is the ghost of your promise.
Why didn't you stay?
You swore it, so don't you dare.
I will force myself to hate you, because I can't love you silently in his shadow anymore.
Don't you dare claim this issue is of me not doing what I say.
I'm the one still here, falling.

Love your wit and that crisp clean voice, but I don't hear you anymore.
Why did you even say it?
You've torn it, but you don't care.
I will beg myself to push you further out of my life as if its my choice.
Don't you swear you meant it then run away and resent it.
I'm the one still here, listening.

Dance the demons away you did, who knew you would soon follow their shadows.
Why didn't you fight for me?
You put it to shame, you broke our stare.
I will tell myself that you were a lesson, try to smile about the good and the bad.
Don't you share this with a soul, but I hear you still in my dreams.
I'm the one still here, learning from you.

We opened up the gates that stood rusted and welded shut, but was it not enough?
Why did you make me believe?
You've made me steel again, and I wont tare.
I will mock myself and all the hopes I had, the darkness of my nightmares that I shared.
Don't you think that this is fair? Now you only haunt me.
I'm the one still here, holding.

Remember the nights when we were all that mattered, you've found a new prize.
Why did you even take the time?
You've left this shattered, something once so rare.
I will try not cling to what you once told me, now you'll creep and crawl with them tonight.
Don't breathe in my air, I'd hate for you to have to share with me.
I'm the one still here, longing.

Steal my soul and replace it with rock so at least my chest won't ache to break.
Why did you feel so warm at heart?
You still walk among the landscapes shifts and changes, but you could not take me.
I will cover my eyes and beg my mind not to show you still, why are you doing this?
Don't you pretend that you're still there, when I reach out I feel the cold.
I'm the one still here, feeling.

Cross your fingers and tell me you don't think about me, I can see behind your back.
Why are you hiding from me?
You've left an imprint on my voice, now it only cries and shakes.
I will try to scream you out into the clouds, only for them to make up your shape.
Don't pretend you see me there, we don't stand beneath the same sky anymore.
I'm the one still here, hurting.

Keep walking away, pushing away, sending away what we were.
Why are you so happy?
You've contradicted what you swore you held, I should have known it all along.
I will try to say I'm happy for you in your distant life today, I only am in one way.
Don't pretend your heart I wear, because you're too strong for that.
I'm the one still here.

© 2011 laura hope


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

the ones who are left behind
share something
kudos to you on this
speaking not only for yourself
but for all those
left


Posted 12 Years Ago


I could just see what you were saying. The heartache and everything that went with it. Keep up the great work:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Bitter sweet beauty, such honest pain portrayed. The heart break and betrayal so evident in your words. I love the raw power of this piece, for have we not all experienced such feelings. Keep em' coming

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 18, 2011
Last Updated on June 18, 2011

Author

laura hope
laura hope

London, Ontario, Canada



About
18 year old girl, ouija, twin peaks, final fantasy, xbox, lovecraft, recluse. more..

Writing
Willow. Willow.

A Chapter by laura hope


Moist Moist

A Chapter by laura hope