Hello My Name is Cancer

Hello My Name is Cancer

A Story by mikaykay


I've been running all night searching for a place to rest my head. I've been begging someone to let me in. I can't figure out why no one see's her. She comes back every day, she doesn't let me sleep, she doesn't let me eat or even think. I've lost myself, I can't even remember my name...the only thing I remember is the pain. It never goes away, it never stops. Some days I am too tired to run, and so we sit and talk. She tells me that I don't have to run, that I'm safe with her. Often times she tells me that I can go with her for good, and things will finally be easy...but she always reiterates that I have choice. I can keep running, and she will keep chasing me, or I can lay down and let her take me away. What do I do? Do i keep running, hoping that one day I'll escape her? Do i give in and let her consume all of me? What if I keep running, and I never escape, eventually she'll take me by force... All I know is that I'm tried. Tired of running, tired of fighting, and so I sit and I talk with her once again. Today is different though, she tells me her name and she tells me that she's serious about our relationship... She asks me to come with her, to make a decision I'm just not ready yet....

© 2017 mikaykay


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on July 7, 2017
Last Updated on July 7, 2017

Author

mikaykay
mikaykay

Providence , RI



About
20 years young Writing is what sets my soul on fire more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by mikaykay