Rose Colored Glasses

Rose Colored Glasses

A Story by Joy Carver

The sad fact of life is that most of us wander thru seeing only through our rose colored glassses.  Each persons glasses, although the same are intimately different.  The tough part is being open minded enough to pop those suckers off from time to time, refocus and have the strength to look at yourself through someone elses eyes. Sometimes, you may be proud of what you see but maybe there is some small item that can be tweaked that will ultimately make you a more well rounded, giving, loving person? Having the strength and humility to accomplish this is one of the most difficult task by far. We are creatures of habit, set in our ways and stubborn ...yes stubborn. My mom use to tell me that I would argue the horns off a brass billy goat.  Wasn't sure what that meant for a lot of years just knew it wasn't neccessarily a compliment.  Now I know that it can be both negative and a compliment.  I do tend to stand for what I believe in, my values, morals, family and friends and yes I will defend them all with my dying breath.  However, the negative portion is when you argue your point, not cause you are right but because you are scared to change, to view things...anything a different way. Stepping outside our confort zone is the true life challenge.  But for us to grow and blossom as individuals we must do this...life is full of challenges and new experiences and if we keep our blinders on and pull  down the shades it will pass us by. So my friends be daring, wild and maybe a bit crazy and put those glasses on the top of your head and look around in wonder at the magnificent world that lays at your feet. 

© 2016 Joy Carver


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on June 21, 2016
Last Updated on June 21, 2016

Author

Joy Carver
Joy Carver

Melbourne, FL



About
Find the best online test series, Video Lectures, Coaching Class Notes for GATE, CA, CS, CPT, NEET, IIT JEE, Bank PO and many more exams. We also provide attractive offers and discounts prices for edu.. more..

Writing
Clean Slate Clean Slate

A Story by Joy Carver


My Paradox My Paradox

A Story by Joy Carver