Still Learning Success

Still Learning Success

A Story by Joy Carver

The beautiful part about life is that there are redo's. There are new beginnings and endless opportunities for you to try again. The only difficult requirement is that you have to recognize that you do not know it all and you still have things to learn.  My "I'm still learning" list is quite long and constantly changes and grows. I will share a small portion of my "To Learn" list with you.



I am learning to truly love everything about myself.

I am learning to always stay true to myself no matter what obstacles come my way.

I am learning that to pay it forward is the only way to live.

I am learning that sometimes the best reaction is no reaction at all.

I am learning that open communication is always the best policy, we just have to try and word things so as not to hurt others.  

I am learning that the art of breathing deep and letting go of stress is way harder than it sounds.  

I am learning that there are no regrets just lessons that are yet to be mastered.  

I am learning that a true "hustle and grind" is NOT 9 to 5. 

I am learning that your hustle and grind may be completely different from others. 

I am learning that you have to keep moving, dodging and climbing in life or you will turn into the stepping stone for someone else.

I am learning why your circle should always stay small.

I am learning that all people who say they are friends do not always end up being friends...and that this is ok

I am learning that sometimes the most unexpected people turn out to be your biggest supporters.

I am learning that there are phenomenal people in the world that help others with no hidden agenda just love in their hearts.

I am learning that there are limits on everything.

I am learning that sometimes no one will do it better than yourself.

I am learning that sometimes you have to ask for help...and it is ok :-)

I am learning that to cry sometimes does not mean weakness.

I am learning that family and love come above everything.

I am learning that loyalty, trust and respect are some of the most rare commodities.

I am learning that everyones commitment may not be on the same level as your own.

I am learning to appreciate the differences in people and to celebrate these differences.

I am learning that all pain and disappointment ease with time.

I am learning that success does not always equal to who has the most toys.

I am learning that balancing life is one of the hardest task you will ever take on.

I am learning that time to yourself to breath is an integral part in balancing life.

I am learning that everyone does not have the same morals and values as myself.

I am learning that tolerance and patience is invaluable to have while you navigate through life.

I am learning that I need more tolerance and patience.

I am learning to value and appreciate the beautiful differences in the people who surround me.

I am learning to take the saying "stop and smell the roses" literally. Life is beautiful, stop and take a look around.

I am learning to take a moment each day to say thank you for everything I have instead of complain about what I don't.

I am learning that life is short and each moment should be seized.

I am learning that turning out a bit like your parents isn't a bad thing.

I am learning that life will throw at you only what you can handle so suck it up and drive on.

I am learning that you must take care of yourself in order to continue taking care of your loved ones.

I am learning that someone else's battles are not my own.

I am learning that listening can be the best help for others.

I am learning that your health is not to be taken lightly.

I am learning to let go of the reins a little.

I am learning that in order to grow you will find yourself in uncomfortable circumstances.

I am learning that I am strong enough to handle anything thrown my way.

I am learning that I am responsible for myself and the decisions I make in life.

I am learning that I must take care of myself in order to be any good for my loved ones.

I am learning it is easy to say you are blessed but that you have to truly recognize the truth in this one little word.

I am learning that bitterness and regrets are the most detrimental enemy a person can have.

I am learning to let some things go.

I am learning that laughing, smiling, loving, and living are all gifts to be shared.


The list goes on and on... Moral of the story is that the only thing to truly be mourned in life is wasted time. So learn every day, keep your heart and your eyes open.  Take care and love yourself so that you may be strong enough to care for those you love.  Stop and smell the roses, listen to the waves crash on the shore, walk through the forest, lay in the grass an pick animal shapes out of the clouds, sit quietly and listen to the world move around you.  There is always time for the hustle and grind...success will come with hard work and dedication.  But if you find yourself later in life successful and rich beyond your wildest dreams,  yet tired, worn out, stressed, sad and lonely... have you truly lived?  Are you truly successful? I want to find myself smiling from being to tired from traveling.  Stressed from trying to get all of the sand out of my clothes. Irritated from removing pieces of grass from my hair. Worn out from loving and laughing my family and friends so much. I want to find myself sad because the days sunset had to end.  I want to smile because I know I get to see the sunrise tomorrow. I pledge to learn everyday for the rest of life how to be successful ...in life!


© 2016 Joy Carver


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on June 21, 2016
Last Updated on June 21, 2016

Author

Joy Carver
Joy Carver

Melbourne, FL



About
Find the best online test series, Video Lectures, Coaching Class Notes for GATE, CA, CS, CPT, NEET, IIT JEE, Bank PO and many more exams. We also provide attractive offers and discounts prices for edu.. more..

Writing
Clean Slate Clean Slate

A Story by Joy Carver


My Paradox My Paradox

A Story by Joy Carver