Ladies...

Ladies...

A Story by Joy Carver

An observation I have made lately has me quite confused.  Women...what is up with you guys lately?? I mean, really?? I may date myself with this, which is unfortunate in itself to have to say.  However, when I was younger (Thank god, these lessons have carried through my whole life) we were taught respect...respect for others, of course but most importantly respect for ourselves. We were taught how to walk, talk, look and ACT like a Lady!! It was just engrained into our very beings that this was expected and required behavior.  There were always the rebellious ones, who ran around acting inappropriately, and they carried a special name that NO ONE wanted to be called.  Even the guys who ran around in the shadows with these girls, were embarrassed to let anyone else know what happened in the corners and alleyways with them.  So again, you just had more respect or at the minimum you were quiet about your unacceptable thoughts or behaviors.  All in fear of the wrath of your mom and ruining your family name. A little bit of fear with a dose of respect is never a bad thing, I do believe.  So here is where I think we have gone wrong.  Society doesn't believe in discipline anymore. It is considered harsh or abusive.  In some instances, I agree. Some people do not understand the difference between a spanking and a beating, which is a different discussion all in itself.  But whatever happened to being just a tad frightened of upsetting your mom or dad.  The dread of seeing "that Look" on your parents face, that shadow of disappointment crossing across their faces. Whatever happened to the dash of fear you had for your parents or at least for the consequences that were sure to follow.  I made more good decisions in my life thanks to these principles of fear and respect and the desire to never witness that "Look" cross my dads face. Now couple the lack of discipline with social media, risque music and tv shows and no wonder our girls wander around lost in a confused state thinking that being a b***h, a s**t, or a side b***h is a positive direction and most are very proud of these "statuses". Well, Status Update girls...these are not anything that should provide you with bragging rights in your lives.  These are things that you should be embarrassed of, things you should aggressively be attempting to change about yourself. News Flash!!! You are not MEN! It is Act like a Lady... You should not sleep around, chase people, cheat on your significant other, play with peoples emotions and use such derogatory terms about yourselves.  When did you forget that you are worth more, that you should wait for more, work hard for more, demand more?  If you would like for me to speak plainly...here goes...You have what they want, why in gods name are you chasing them?  Why would you chase guys who are in relationships already when there are plenty of single ones anyways?  Why would you cheat on your man with another? Why would you want to be #2? Why?  Why have you taken the one thing that gave all of you some semblance of "power" and throw it at them?  Understand that if you are having to throw this at men, you have already done something horribly wrong in your life.  You need to readdress the path in which you are traveling.  They are use to having to work for it, to chase us, to respect us for them to get where and to get what they want.  You are messing with the very existence and history of relationships and the dynamics of men and womens roles.  Role reversals do not belong here.  They are in place for a reason.  Now understand, I believe in equality! I believe that if I work hard I should get paid the same wages as a man.  I believe I should be offered the same promotions as a man if I am qualified etc.  But lets be real...there are things they do better than us and there are things we do better than them.  Why mess with the existence of some set standards?  Especially the role of who is to be the "Dog", the aggressor.  It is odd that the very behavior women have complained about from men since probably the beginning of time, a lot of you have taken on yourselves. Yet, when you find yourself in a relationship you get offended, upset and a tad "ghetto" acting if another woman acts like that to your man.  Now that is a perfect example of the Pot calling the Kettle black. You find some reason to justify in your mind why it is ok for you to act like a man sometimes yet hate other women that are on the same path as you.  There is no acceptable reason for this...you get what you give..karma...etc. No one considers these things anymore.  It all equates to no respect! All I hear anymore is BossChic, hustle and grind, yet your hustle and grind is to grind up on a guy and hustle him from his girl.  You are confused! These words mean you will work hard and be creative, put in the effort to better yourself and your family.  To provide a secure future for yourself.  Be confident, strong and independent, not what some of you guys act like it means.  I sit here just shaking my head sadly at what I see. I am even more disturbed at what our daughters are learning from you.  How would you feel if you had to watch your baby girl do the things that you are doing? Because I assure you this is your future.  They learn from what they see you do.  They strive to be who you are.  Is this the example you would like to be for them? Is this the life you would like them to have? I am scared of what waters in life, my son is going to have to navigate with the girls of the future acting as they do. 

I suppose I could rant and rave on this topic for quite awhile but the fact is no one listens or cares and this is just a forum in which I can get my feelings out in a safe and diplomatic manner.  Moral to the story is..straighten it up Ladies ( and I unfortunately have to use that term loosely)Life is short but consequences of actions are sometimes forever.  Respect yourselves, be proud, be the strong, confidant ladies that you deserve to be.  Stop taking the path of destructive, disrespectful and downright unladylike behavior. Be tru Ladies!! However, if you disagree with what I have to say please feel free to exit through the rear and don't forget your gift at the door. #2 pencils for all of you that seem to enjoy that role.  If I were you though...I would take that pencil and erase my past with it and rewrite a more positive future for myself and our upcoming generations. Just my simple opinion ...

© 2016 Joy Carver


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on June 21, 2016
Last Updated on June 21, 2016

Author

Joy Carver
Joy Carver

Melbourne, FL



About
Find the best online test series, Video Lectures, Coaching Class Notes for GATE, CA, CS, CPT, NEET, IIT JEE, Bank PO and many more exams. We also provide attractive offers and discounts prices for edu.. more..

Writing
Clean Slate Clean Slate

A Story by Joy Carver


My Paradox My Paradox

A Story by Joy Carver