Airborne

Airborne

A Poem by Shafeeq Khan
"

Its a flash fiction piece.

"

If I could fly, I would soar to the very top of trees and mountains. But, I couldn’t stay forever or I would die of suffocation. I would be able to see the world through god’s perspective!


If I could fly, I would be a super hero! You could call me The Fly! And I’m not talking about the movie with young Jeff Goldblum. People would need help and I would answer their calls of distress. Whether it’s a cat stuck in a tree or a highway robbery. I’d be there.


If I could fly, I could go anywhere. Any path, any road, any place I could go with no limits. Nothing could hold me down. No words, no actions could hurt me now. They couldn’t reach me when I’m so high.


If I could fly, maybe I could have saved you. The car crashed into the cold black water, with you in it. My wings would shoot up and dart straight for you. Holding you, embracing you while I could.


If I could fly, my wings would take me into the heavens. I’d fly above the clouds and break through the exosphere. Of course, I’m in space, so I would need a space suit.


To some, it might be foolish to think of a person being able to fly.  I think it’s very possible. My dreams may be high, but you’re the wind beneath my wings.

© 2015 Shafeeq Khan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on June 18, 2015
Last Updated on August 11, 2015
Tags: dreams, goals, life

Author

Shafeeq Khan
Shafeeq Khan

Reading, PA



About
I'm a 17 year old with a weird imagination. I really appreciate any and all feedback! more..

Writing
Grains Grains

A Poem by Shafeeq Khan