Dusk and Dawn

Dusk and Dawn

A Poem by Fran J

With the life that were given sometimes we take things for granted.
We don't realize it until we're faced with a situation that's incapable to detach from.
We tend to idolize the wrong doing and put it on a pedal stool as we sway through our minds with mischievous thoughts.
Doubts of us ever getting it right, downplaying our souls with a grievance pitty party.
Not even allowing our sight to become visible anymore it's like staring into a blank hole place in our heads.
The clock on walls are ticking and we see no more 24hrs in a day but we imagine less time surrounding us.
Could it be a dream that were entangled in, two snaps of a finger could bring us from limbo.
A place were standing in allowing our feelings to dwell with the darkness.
A shame that were never taught to do wrong our sin nature gladly invites us to that song.
Whose gonna pick us up from our falling if were to weak to even see us slipping?
Well I tell you I found a source who grabbed me before my body hit the sinking waters .
A remedy that cured my broken spirit and made feel like I could win again.
I use to produce so much pain and sadness but with one touch He took it away.
It tries to come and visit every now and again but my friend is always around to let me know He already conquered and won.
So many wonderful things I can elaborate on but most importantly He made me realize Dusk and Dawn without death touching my soul.

© 2017 Fran J


Author's Note

Fran J
Personal experience

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on May 2, 2017
Last Updated on May 2, 2017

Author

Fran J
Fran J

Baltimore, MD



About
The shoes that I've traveled in are the ones that brought me here today. Without God nothing i do is possible. I take pride in being one of his most prized possessions. Im a married woman mother of tw.. more..

Writing
Answers Answers

A Poem by Fran J