Am I innocent

Am I innocent

A Story by Mr.Writer
"

Crime/thriller Love Suspenseful A guy accused of murder

"

Introduction

I slammed my car door and ran up to my apartment as fast as my legs would allow. The news I got earlier was indeed true. I had seen my best friend's corpse lying in my apartment. Also, the police was suspecting me. Tears rolled down my eyes like rain on a wall. How could she die? How did she die? Who did this? I had so many things I wanted to tell her. I wanted to tell her she was one of kind and also that I … loved her. Before the cops could handcuff me, I fainted.


Chapter 1 ( 14 years later)

A visitor

Today is Wednesday, February 17, 2013. My 14th anniversary in Kolten Prison and the day when Alicia died. That incident still remains fresh in my mind. I don’t know how I spent the past 14 years in this prison, it was probably with the memory of Alicia. Suddenly, a guard comes up to me. “Hey! Get up murderer! Someone has come to meet you. I will take you to the visiting room” Who could possibly want to meet me? “Are you coming, or should I drag you to there, eh?” I followed the guard to the room, wondering who could possibly want to visit me.


Chapter 2

The Escape plan


“Hello, hello, Mister Mike. Or shall I call you Mister murderer hmm?” It was Barrie, my old friend. He was a part of the U.S secret service. What could he possibly want? “What are you here for? Trying to mock me and my condition at this prison?” No Mike, it's not like tha-” “Well if you are, please leave now, or i’ll screa-” Barrie instantly covered my mouth. “ You have to keep quiet. I am here to make an escape plan with you for Friday night” “But ho- “ I said keep quiet. Now what you do is, keep this escape plan with you. It has some secret routes around this prison. Choose which route you’ll use and tell me tomorrow when I come to visit you. After that, i’ll do the rest.” Barrie finally removed his hand off my mouth. “ Ok, but how do you know all this and why didn’t you help me a long time ago?” Barrie facepalmed. “ I am a U.S secret service agent Mike. This is a piece of cake for me. I didn’t help you before, because I found out about this recently from your parents.” I changed looks. Why would he lie to me? “Do you know the murderer of Alicia?” Silence went past like air. “ We’ll talk later.” “Barrie!” “Visiting times are over! Get back with me to your filthy room” The guard shouted.  I hid the plan in my pocket. After 14 years, I am finally going to be leaving Kolten Prison. To see how the world has now become. Let me try to remember the afternoon before the incident, to remember any key thing that happened. Who could have killed Alicia?!






Chapter 3

Into the past


“Mike!” “Alicia! What a pleasant surprise to see you?!”

“I know, I know. Stop buttering me up.”

We both shared a laugh at that one.

“ Mike, I bought some of your favourite veggie pizza from The Pizzeria.”

“Thanks so much Alicia!”

“I thought maybe we could share it together. I also have something to tell you.” said Alicia

“Yeah sure! Lets eat.”

After devouring the pizza, Alicia told me something that totally made me furious.

“You are moving to Florida?! How can you just leave me!”

“Listen Mike it wasn't my choi--”

“You’re just making excuses, you wanted to leave me from the beginning. You never wanted to become my friend. Do you know what? I don't need you anymore. You are garbage!”

That's when I made the biggest mistake of my life and left. Leaving Alicia to cry.  

I should've listened to her. Why didn't I? I rushed downstairs to the lobby of the apartment, going in my car. I saw someone entering Royale Apartment when I was leaving. It was Barrie! I clearly remember him entering. He had a pocket knife on him in his pocket. Why didn’t I think of this a long time ago?  Is this why he kept quiet when I asked him? Did he actually kill Alicia? Why is he trying to help me then? I had questions all over my mind. Unanswered ones. I can’t stand another moment in this jail. I need to meet Barrie right now!  “Barrie!”



Chapter 4

Questioning Barrie


Friday came with a bright sunrise, and some questions needed to be answered. I took out the map Barrie gave me, studied it, and chose the best exit I needed. “I can’t take this prison anymore, I need to get out of here!” After a few hours of roaming around my cell, Barrie had finally came to meet me. The guard took me to the other room, and it was just me and Barrie.

“So what exit have you thought about Mike?”

“Let's leave that topic for later. First, who’s Alicia's murderer?”

Barrie’s look changed.

“I will tell you after Mike let-- “You are her murderer! You’re the one who carried a pocketknife on the day I left the apartment, and killed her!”

“What pocketknife? I don’t remember any of this”

“Don't act innocent with me. Why would you want to help me now?

“I told you, because your parents told me.”

“They aren’t alive Barrie, they died a long time ago, before Alicia and I even met, you murderer--” “ Don’t you dare accuse me of something I never did!”


The guards were entering the visiting room.

“Whats all this noise? No raising voices in a Prison!” Besides your visiting time is about to end”

“Just 2 minutes please.” said Barrie in a whisper.

The guards left. He took the plan from me.

“ Ok, you’re using Exit C. What you have to do is…”


Barrie explained everything to me for tomorrow night. I understood, and he gave me a route to the exit, and left. I still don’t know why he is trying to help me. He may or may not be the murderer, but he has something going on in his mind. Once again, my questions remain unanswered. I went back into my cell, and took my last nap at Kolten Prison.






Chapter 5

Deceived


The sun rises once again on Saturday. I think about Alicia. It’s my fault for leaving her. She was trying to say something, I cut her off though. I slam my head on the wall a couple of times. I re enact the plan before my escape. Here’s what Barrie told me to do. At 7 pm, I am supposed to fake a heart attack, and that's when Barrie will enter and throw flash bangs at my cell. I’m supposed to take advantage of the flashed officers, and run straight towards the real world. Oh, how I have longed to go outside.


It edges towards 6:30 pm, I try my act again. The guards kept coming to me, to check if I was alright. The big hand reaches the 12 and the small hand to the 7. Barrie hasn’t came yet. I wait another half an hour, no sign of him. That’s it i’m doing it myself, I don’t care what happens. I’ll give it a shot.

“Ow! My heart is stopping… help someone!” I faked.

They opened my cell and rushed over to me!

“Please get me some  cold water and towels, it cures my pain.” I said.

 They all went to get towels and water, and now it's time to make a run for it. The exit is right in front of my cell, I start sprinting towards the door. It’s locked. Everyone sees me and I rush towards exit D. I jump over or kick the guards. I end up having a gun in my hand. Instead of running, I grabbed an officer and held him at gunpoint. Faces from fierce to worried.  

“Look let him go, and we’ll let you go.”

Like I’ll actually believe that.

“No, it doesn’t work that way, first you give me some cash, a vehicle and then I’ll let him go.”

“Just shoot him!” said one of the guards.

“Then I’ll shoot him!”

“Ok let's agree on his statement.” said the Chief.





© 2016 Mr.Writer


Author's Note

Mr.Writer
Is the beginning hooking?
Don't worry about grammar
I added the first 2 chapters

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Sounds exciting! It's a little difficult for me to read the conversations because they aren't separated by paragraphs or other details; for example:

"You have to keep quiet" Barrie breathed urgently, "I am here to make an escape plan with you for Friday night".
"But ho-" I started.
"I said keep quiet!" Barry hissed

Something like that would help me keep track of who is speaking at the time. Add more! I want to see how (and IF) he escapes!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mr.Writer

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much! :)
I will add more and fix the conversation spaces
Mr.Writer

7 Years Ago

I added 3 more chaps :)


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

This has some potential to be fun, but Chapter 2 would greatly benefit from having the conversations separated as D. Connolly suggested, and as I see you've done in the other chapters. The way it is now is difficult to read and follow.

Readers can forgive a great many grammatical sins as long as the work is interesting and still readable.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Mr.Writer

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Numidia for the feedback!
Really appreciated :)
I'm so confused...so Alicia is NOT dead?!?

Posted 7 Years Ago


Haha, good action!! I wonder how he's going to get out of this?? Did his friend show up? Is there a car waiting for him? Can he find his way to the street? Jails are like mazes and every corridor looks the same. I've often thought they do that on purpose...

Posted 7 Years Ago


Mr.Writer

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much! :)
I don't know it was to lengthy.

Regards,
Al

Posted 7 Years Ago


The next 3 chapters, yes obviously they were better than the first two...You did it well, and I liked the last part too!But twice you wrote 'friday morning ' which brought me into some confusion in here... rest all are just amazing😂

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anindita Janhabee

7 Years Ago

Are you planning to go for the next chapter?
By the way, titles of chapters are nice...like, .. read more
Mr.Writer

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much! :) I am planning to go into the next chapter :)
I will post it soon
Fe.. read more
Good one...
seems interesting as you've added different flavours here... love, thriller and crime... good plot...
yes, about your chapters, they are good to read yet I think you could have made those a bit more long and deep with new and thrilling words...
good going dear... keep writing😃

Posted 7 Years Ago


Anindita Janhabee

7 Years Ago

ch 3 is repeated ...
and I m reading the rest..
Mr.Writer

7 Years Ago

kk :) thankss
Anindita Janhabee

7 Years Ago

It's alright now ..
The next 3 chapters, yes obviously they were better than the first two...<.. read more
Sounds exciting! It's a little difficult for me to read the conversations because they aren't separated by paragraphs or other details; for example:

"You have to keep quiet" Barrie breathed urgently, "I am here to make an escape plan with you for Friday night".
"But ho-" I started.
"I said keep quiet!" Barry hissed

Something like that would help me keep track of who is speaking at the time. Add more! I want to see how (and IF) he escapes!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mr.Writer

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much! :)
I will add more and fix the conversation spaces
Mr.Writer

7 Years Ago

I added 3 more chaps :)
Great piece, waiting to know what happens when you regain your consciousness. :)

Also just a small correction "one of a kind", missed the "a"

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mr.Writer

7 Years Ago

Thanks! :)
HeyJadeXO

7 Years Ago

I really like the overall story however in the introduction it may be helpful to indicate the police.. read more
Mr.Writer

7 Years Ago

Thanks! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

301 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 20, 2016
Last Updated on October 20, 2016
Tags: crime, thriller, love, suspenseful

Author

Mr.Writer
Mr.Writer

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
First of all... I love to write! It has always been my passion to write since... last year! :D I can easily pour my emotions in writing without telling them to anyone. I love to review people's work.. more..

Writing