The Person I Will Always Remember

The Person I Will Always Remember

A Story by Adrian
"

Story of admiration

"
As students, many of us have encounter a teacher that will we always cherish.  That teacher who was caring, demanding, and dedicated.  For me, that was my third grade teacher, Mrs. M. Mrs. M was a tall, big boned African American woman in her mid thirties.  She had short blonde hair very neatly cut. She always wore polyester knit pants, loose fitting blouse, with flat black or brown shoes.  Mrs. M served as a teacher for many years.  Although she didn't have any children of her own, she loved each of her students as if they were her own children.  Mrs. M came to work early and stayed late.  Even though she had to travel from another state to get to work, Mrs. M attended school every day.  She didn't allow anything(rain, snow, sleet, or hail) to prohibit her from servicing her students.  She was a very caring individual who cared deeply for her students.   She was very concerned about her students. However, her concern wasn't only for our academic education, but also our health and well being.  Every morning, before class began, Mrs. M would check to see if everyone had eaten breakfast and was feeling well. Class would not begin until after Mrs. M performed her morning ritual of examining her students. Mrs. M demanded our full attention and would not allow anything to distract us.  After she was sure that we were all okay, then she would begin our first lesson for the day.  She always stood at the front of the classroom next to the green chalkboard.  Mrs. M had a very loud and deep voice which assisted her in getting our attention.  She was very thorough in her teaching, and she had high expectations for all of her students. She would model and explain from the beginning of the lesson  until the end of the lesson.  She would not stop teaching a skill until she was absolutely sure everyone had mastered the skill.  She made certain that we were prepared to progress to the fourth with all of the necessary skills.  These characteristics are why Mrs. M had an effective and successful teaching career.  Mrs. M taught for over thirty years at the same elementary school.  She was an outstanding individual.  Having Mrs. M as a teacher impacted my life significantly.  It's also why I decided to become a teacher myself:  "To be like Mrs. M".  

© 2018 Adrian


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on June 12, 2018
Last Updated on June 21, 2018
Tags: #LRWP2018

Author

Adrian
Adrian

Writing
Trust Me Trust Me

A Poem by Adrian


Humorous Humorous

A Poem by Adrian


Peace Peace

A Poem by Adrian