What is love

What is love

A Poem by kaylyn

        What is love?


    Love is an strong and passionate feeling towards others, animals or sports. You can fall in love with someone or just have lovely feelings for them. There is multiple examples of love, but no one can ever really define what love really is. Yet you can describe how it makes you feel inside with your heart. Heart pounding, palms sweating, never getting that one special person off your mind. Knowing that you are willing to stay with him or her for ever not caring what anyone thinks, not mattering what it takes to just be with that person even if it is for a single second. And when you are with that single person nothing else in the world matters but you and them. It changes you’re whole outlook on what the world really is.

    With this in mind, you may realize  it changes the way you react to people and changes your moods. When love happens you tend to be more peaceful and kind to others, rather then people who are not in love or actually love anything and sulk all the time. Love can bring two completely different people together. Who never thought in a million years they would actually want to be together for an  inturnity. It can build up all of your hopes and dream, but it can all come crashing down if you do not take care of it right. Love is a fragile emotion that needs to be catered to. Love can cut as deep as any knife ever could, sending chills down you spine, burning your heart. Love is everything in this cruel world that can make anyone person keep moving forward thinking positive and not slowing down pushing forward to just to see them one more time.

    Furthermore, you can be in love time and it last for a life time, but also it can all end just as quick as it started. Love can be a endless fall off the face of the earth, it is a twist of fate and brings life into this world. Love is what you live for just being there feeling them on you and yet it is also what you die for, giving your life to save theirs without even thinking twice about it. Love is a best friend the one you know you can trust. The one to run to when everyone is walking out on you and knowing that they will be there without a doubt. The one you think about every morning  wondering if you will ever really find them. When you think you do have them  you will never let go, grasping on to them, the one you know will not hurt you. Love is a secret you can never keep, love has no limits, love has no laws. Love has no boundaries love has no real flaws, love can come like lightening, with a sudden blast.

    In addition, love is being in the arms of the ones you can no live with out. It just laying there looking in one another’s eyes dreaming about your future together. Not caring about anything or anyone. First glimpses, first dates, first kisses can make you believe you are in love. People mistake lust for love and go on and have a family and realizing they were never really in love. Giving up all your hopes and dreams just to see them happy, just to see that smile that makes you smile and that melts your heart away. The one that can make you smile and brighten up your day just by hearing their voice. The one that can make you smile and think of hope on your worst day ever. They would want to protect you from any harm catch you when you fall, make all the pain go away. When you cry, they cry they would hold you and tell you everything would be okay. If someone hurt you they would spend the rest of their life making sure whom ever hurt you would pay for it dearly. It is when no matter how much it would hurt you to see them with someone else you let them go so that they are happy. When you would give up your happiness to just see the smile on their face, even if it meant holding back the tears. So you can not really define “love” per say  but you can describe it.

© 2010 kaylyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed this.

As long as you continue to write from the heart and from experience you will continue to grow as a writer.

You show a lot of promise. Thank you for sharing this.




Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
1 Review
Added on February 27, 2010
Last Updated on February 27, 2010

Author

kaylyn
kaylyn

Fort pierce, FL



About
Hey its Kay Kay, im 19 live in florida. I'm an athlete and i have the most amazing bf EVERRRRRR. But ya... i like to read and write and play sport listen to music. I'm not like everyone else... I'm my.. more..

Writing
Carlo.. Carlo..

A Poem by kaylyn