How to Break My Heart

How to Break My Heart

A Story by KAY
"

A young girl once opened her heart up to a boy who had reminded her of how easy it was to break her heart due to her past.

"

How to break my heart should be hard. But for him it seemed like my heart maybe was never full.

It was simple how he broke my heart. He did everything I’m used to, things I’ve seen before in my past was within our entire relationship. Empty promises, lies, no communication, reassurance didn’t matter because he wasn’t sure about much either, like as I.

How to break my heart is easy though. It’s getting close and then letting go a short time later. It’s having me think I will get the love I’ve been searching for since I was young.

My mother broke my heart. I think it was easy for her more than anybody else. She chose a whole life over the one she could’ve had with me.

My mother broke my heart by distracting herself, beating herself up, abusing her body with numb, little candies she took daily. Those numb, little candies turned into a big, numb needle.

My mother broke my heart by abandoning me at the age of four.

She still didn’t give me a reason why.

She was sick.

I was taught a cold gets fixed by taking cold medicine.

Her medicine wasn’t like cold medicine.

Little me didn’t get that.

She broke my heart very, very slowly. She made four year old me wait for her day after day until I decided I missed having a mom. Soon I grew up starting to forget she was my mom. A few people had already taken her place.

What really broke my heart was not my own mother not taking care of me or loving me like she should have.

What really broke my heart was loving my mom, a woman who soon took her place.

Mom broke my heart harder than most people have.

Mom didn’t realize I loved her..

She was sad.

Mom took me in when I was around five.

We were inseparable.

That was my best friend.

What broke my heart is it didn’t last.

Nothing does.


© 2019 KAY


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on February 11, 2019
Last Updated on February 11, 2019

Author

KAY
KAY

Detroit , MI



Writing
Ars Poetica Ars Poetica

A Poem by KAY


Run Away Run Away

A Story by KAY