They Call Me Sky

They Call Me Sky

A Story by Lady B
"

A young girl seeks her fathers killer

"
They call me Sky. I am a lady from the wild wild west with no intentions of ever changing. Comfort consumes my soul.I grew up here on these prairies an only child. Poppa, bless him is a respected devoted minister who strongly abides. Momma passed away when I was four. Having just pa, guess you could say I became a daddy's girl! Through the years here at Lanci County,I learned to hunt,herd,farm,trade,shoot and survive. Nights I'd lay beneath the stars reading them as maps.

When I turned fifteen bitterness and scorn took control. While watering horses from afar I heard gun shots ring out more then once! My body shook unsteady but I ran with haste. By the time I reached the porch daddy fell hard. Placing one of my arms around his neck he took his last breath. Drenched,soaked in blood.

"Papa!" I shouted.

Papa's shirt ripped, gunshot wounds split his mangled tattered chest. Rising to my feet these teary swollen eyes scouted the grounds for any sign which could be found and behold the shooter happened to leave their blue bandana believe me that was all I needed. For I know how to hunt,herd,farm,trade,shoot,survive,hide,aim straight arrows,and track. Smarter then any outlaw,crook,thief,or peddler. I am Sky! You have crossed my path I shall leave our good book it will be here when I get back!




(C)Lady B Oct 30,2013

© 2013 Lady B


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Moving from the fear, maybe only uncertainty, of a child, you take her to that place in life where no one can is allowed to call the shots but the one whose heart mates with determination to make things right.

Papas can never be replaced.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Interesting! Waiting for more!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

295 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 30, 2013
Last Updated on October 30, 2013

Author

Lady B
Lady B

NV



About
I am an Author and a poet! I have two books published The Fifth Season and Remember The 25TH Hour both are a small book of poems with pictures. Poetry has stirred amongst my veins since I was very you.. more..

Writing
Love Love

A Poem by Lady B


Caressing Caressing

A Poem by Lady B