Happiness

Happiness

A Story by lonelymuffin
"

A short story about never ending search for happiness. A simple story about a girl and her everyday struggles. :)

"
She was sitting in her room with the lights on, just thinking, thinking about life and all that crap. It was dark outside and she loved how she can be so safe in her house, how distant the real world was. She loved it but at the same time hated it so much. Her dream was to go somewhere far away, find love and happiness. She knew she couldn't enjoy her life here, working as a waitress in a small cafe where everyone keeps yelling at her and spitting right in her face when she gives that look to a guy who grabbed her a*s like he can do whatever the f**k he wants. She hated it. She hated being so miserable, constantly feeling lonely in a room full of people.She didn't care about the s**t they were rambling about. She didn't have any friends and everyone ignored her except maybe a couple of guys who just wanted to bang her and maybe leave some disease as a reminder of their existence. She couldn't resist those people, she just couldn't. She didn't know any better. That's pretty much how she spent her whole life. Having sex with guys, working at a lousy job, hating herself so much, loving life so little. 
Every time she is in her room she thinks about her life. She sees pictures of moments in her life flashing through her mind. Fast, so fast she can't even feel anymore. She doesn't cry. It's just memories that seem so unreal so far away from her. And now she is on an island, drinking a cocktail, smiling. Maybe that's what happiness feels like, she can only hope, she never knew what's the feeling, and she'll never know for sure what it feels like. The lights went off, she didn't have the money to pay the electric bill this month. It just left the room in complete darkness and silence. She is there, in her chair, she'll never know what happiness is. Darkness, only a small needle on the table reflecting the light from the stars that she could see outside her window. Maybe that guy from work will come tomorrow, knock on her door. "You stupid b***h, come to work or you're fired!", that old quiet neighbor will shut him up, maybe he'll say that she haven't left the apartment. Maybe they'll break in. Silence. Crying. Sirens. Loud steps. But it will be too late for her. She will never know what happiness is.

© 2014 lonelymuffin


Author's Note

lonelymuffin
Please tell me what you think about my story ! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on February 13, 2014
Last Updated on February 18, 2014
Tags: happiness, lonely, loneliness, life, sad, drama, short story, drugs, simple, short, hate, search, desperation

Author