Forgive me but I must confess

Forgive me but I must confess

A Poem by Mujer Maravilla
"

Save your energy and mine

"
What would you do if your close friend is trying to fight an addiction?
Actually allow me to rephrase that? In your opinion what do you think is a harmful addiction?
If your friend is trying to quit smoking? What is your first response? Do you find yourself telling him or her? Oh please? Come on just one wouldn't hurt? Or simply holding back the mocking laughter? .. Now what if a friend was a heroine addict - and he or she was really working to fight the addiction? Would you have laughed at his / her face? Would you have asked her one last hit would do no harm?
Now what if a friend was determined to quit gossiping? To replace the time with productivity or knowledge to help one another grow? Or looking for a topic to praise the other? What Do you think about contributing her to quit gossiping? Do you think it is helping yourself? What have the gossipers gained out of mocking one another?
Now frankly - i am no saint. Believe me I'm far from being one. However everyday my goal is to do better than yesterday. I yearn to cultivate good habits. Spend healthy times. And trust me I have cut out many people in my life for the better and worse. And many a times I have come across - inspirational articles that advices to leave "toxic relationships".
However there are certain friends who has taught me valuable lessons of friendship, and certain friends I choose to love and support. These friends whom I keep close, I keep them very close to my heart, and I admire their features, creativity, values, everything.For their happiness sometimes, to please them I find myself giving in to this virus and always end up beating my self for allowing it happen, because I feel so bad afterwards. I don't even blame any of you, but i find myself disappointed for allowing it to happen. And this enhances moments of isolation.
So - I am asking for your help to eliminate this unpleasant component called "gossiping". If you find me initiating a gossip please divert the conversation, in a polite manner. And if you do it would be good for your soul to save your energy. If I stop you, please don't hate me.
Once again I'm no saint. I'm as humane as you can be.

Forgive me but I must confess

© 2014 Mujer Maravilla


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on May 13, 2014
Last Updated on May 13, 2014
Tags: #confession #truth #compassion

Author

Mujer Maravilla
Mujer Maravilla

Male', Indian Ocean, Maldives



About
I am 23, female on the verge of discovering the attributes of myself. more..

Writing