Save Our Dream

Save Our Dream

A Poem by musegirlsm
"

Wrote these lyrics for some freinds of mine that were having trouble. I left their house one night after they had had another big fight and I couldn't get them out of my mind...so I wrote this.

"

When we started out, we both agreed,

We would be together, raise a family.

You would think our dreams, had all come true,

cause we've got each other, and our children too.

 

But something's just not right,

cause all we ever do is fight.

 

And the silence lasts much longer,

as the words we say get stronger,

it just seems to get much harder

everyday.

 

And I can't take the fighting...anymore.

It seems you're always hiding...you're out the door.

What happened to our love, is it as distant as it seems?

What happened in our hearts? Don't say that it's too late,

to save our dream.

 

I don't know how long I'm gonna stay.

We can't last forever, if we go on this way.

 

I wanna hold on to the dream,

but all we ever do is scream.

 

And the tension rises higher,

as the distance grows much wider.

It just seems, I'm always crying

any way.

 

And I can't take the fighting...anymore.

It seems you're always hiding...you're out the door.

What happened to our love, is it as distant as it seems?

What happened in our hearts?

Don't say that it's too late,

to save our dream.

Save our dream.

Please,

save our dream.

© 2008 musegirlsm


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

great write** great lyrics**
you may have written this for your friend* but..I know many can relate+_+
I love how you covered the many aspects of much sadness..the fighting, the silence, the hiding and tension ect... and in the end reaffirm in hope to "Save our dream"
Great Write!!


Posted 16 Years Ago


These are some awesome song lyrics and with a valid truth concerning relationships and "strife." It isn't right...fighting or arguing may be normal once in awhile, but if it ever becomes the norm, it will destroy a relationship faster than anything. Nice. Thought provoking, and true from the word, "Go!"

Posted 16 Years Ago


Wow..
It must be so hard to see close friends disinegrate before your eyes. Marriage is difficult. Each has different needs, and they change, hopefully your paths do not separate too much. It really is sad, and you told it so well. I do believe there comes a point when all hope is gone. I also have seen couples quit too soon. People expect just love will pull them through. Marriage doesn't work like that. They are lucky to have a friend like you too lean on. Great piece, but sad. Rain..

Posted 16 Years Ago


Really excellant work.. it's hard to believe sometimes when someone we share so much with ends up being someone we don't want to be around again... the plea to try to work it out is such a selfless act... cause sometimes one more try is all you need.

Posted 16 Years Ago


A beautiful song. I know couples like this - and it hurts. It also hurts to be the one stuck in the fighting with no light at the end of the tunnel. You should send this somewhere - It's beautiful and haunting. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


I actually read this before I read the tagline....this is amazing. Having been here, this is exactly how it feels. His screaming and abuse was due alcohol abuse and I begged, pleaded, prayed, screamed and anything else I could think of for five years to try to get him to get help. But he wouldn't, and I had two kids that I just couldn't keep in that environment. Excellent.

laura

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is so hard to see the dream of the life you were promised stomped upon by the fighting and verbal abuse. You have written a lovely song for your friend, she is lucky to have you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

musegirlsm
musegirlsm

Brooklyn, NY



About
Tell about me? Should I be honest? Well then...I am a procrastinating, unorganized, wanna be writer mom... who has library books past due and who paid nexflix 19 bucks a month for 2 years rather than.. more..

Writing
You Will You Will

A Poem by musegirlsm


Hiding... Hiding...

A Poem by musegirlsm



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..