Flutter the butterfly

Flutter the butterfly

A Story by Elle89
"

A butterfly has a surprise encounter and makes unlikely friends with a dinosaur.

"
Flutter the butterfly
Flutter the butterfly was heading out on a flying adventure in the beautiful forrest. As she waved goodbye to her family, her grandad said the words he always says, ‘Be careful Flutter! Stay away from the dinosaurs! They're not like us.'
Flutter saw lots of lovely creatures on her adventure. First, she noticed a big buzzy bee working hard,'BBBUUUZZZZZZZ good morning butterfly BBBUUUZZZZZZZ.'
‘Good morning buzzy bee.'

As she carried on with her journey, Flutter heard a spotty ladybird munching on a leaf. ‘MUNCH MUNCH hi there butterfly MUNCH MUNCH.'
‘Hi there spotty ladybird'

Next Flutter noticed a magical unicorn drinking from a stream. ‘SLURP SLURP good day butterfly SLURP SLURP.'
‘Good day magical unicorn.'

As Flutter flew past the stream, she saw a jumpy frog trying to catch a fly. ‘RIBBIT RIBBIT butterfly RIBBIT RIBBIT.'
‘heyyyy jumpy frog.'

Flutter landed on a hill, next to a tree, to have a rest from all that flying. She watched a fuzzy spider weaving his Web.
‘Weave weave howdie butterfly weave weave.'
As Flutter was replying to fuzzy spider ‘howdie fuz...' the hill she was sat on began to move!
A loud voice said ‘ ROARR ROARR EXCUSE ME BUTTERFLY ROARR ROARR!'
Flutter began to shake as she realised it was not a hill she was sat on all along, it was a big, green scary DINOSAUR.
‘ Uhh so sorry big, green scary dinosaur... I I I didn’t mean to sit on you. P p p please don’t hurt me.' Flutter stuttered.
‘what do you mean little butterfly? I am indeed big and I am certainly green but I am definitely not scary.'
Feeling a little safer, Flutter flew over and landed on the dinosaurs nose ‘Really? So you won’t eat me?'
‘Nooo I’m deano the dino and I don’t eat friends, silly.' He giggled.
Flutter was confused, ‘We're friends? But your big and I’m small. Your loud and I’m quiet. You have stompy feet and I have flappy wings.'
Deano giggled again, ‘That is very true, but we can still be pals. After all its the differences that make friends so much fun.’

Flutter was so happy to have made friends with an actual dinosaur, ‘can I come and see you again tomorrow morning Deano?' She asked eagerly.
‘Of course, as long as you ask your family first'
‘Oh, but they will say no. I bet my grandad will say ‘Stay away from the dinosaurs, they’re not like us!'
‘Hmm.' Deano thought for a second, ‘Ah I've got it! How about I come with you and we can ask them together? When they meet me they will realise I’m a pretty cool dino and not scary at all.'

Flutter twirled in the air with joy ‘yes great idea!'
Deano stomped with his heavy feet while Flutter flew with her flappy wings all the way home. She couldn’t wait to introduce her family to her brand new friend.

© 2018 Elle89


Author's Note

Elle89
I know there may be some spelling and grammar mistakes. This is the 1st story I have wrote and I'm looking for constructive criticism. How could it be improved? Thanks in advance

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on May 20, 2018
Last Updated on May 20, 2018
Tags: Dinosaurs, butterfly, friendship

Author