2100

2100

A Story by Muskan
"

A day in the future - year 2100

"

 “Wake up, John, and get ready for school!” Mom yelled. As always, I was running late. I got up and went inside the dresser. I came out within five minutes and I was ready for school. ‘The dresser’ is a gadget that makes you ready to go anywhere in just five minutes. All of us have one of these in our bedrooms.  

“Come on, John, else you’ll be late!” Mom said. I saw the robo-chef in the kitchen. I sat down for breakfast and it served me pasta. “Not again! We have been eating pasta from the last five days. Now can we please alter the menu?”

“John you know that there is a technical complication in our robo-chef, and he is not receiving any commands. But don’t worry, I’ll get him fixed today.”

The robo-chef was pinned to a single menu. He would not let us change his settings, and this wasn’t the first time this was happening.

After breakfast, we all grabbed our oxygen masks and reached out to take oxygen. It is mandatory to do this every Monday, so we can work for the entire week.

 After that, me and my sister Rosy went to school. The schools of now are not any buildings where we go with a bag, sit with other students, learn, and have fun together. Instead, we have our schools at home. It is just a chamber with screens all around us. From Monday to Friday, we have our lessons prepared by the computers. The digital teachers teach us. Instead of books, we have screens for each subject. Every Saturday, we can book an explanation session for any difficulties we have. The digital teachers come home and explain the lesson.

I had calculus and Alien Communication classes today. After the first lesson ended, the robo-chef interrupted me. Mom had sent him to ask me if I wanted to eat something. But I didn’t want that pasta again, so I asked him to go.

After we finished with our school, Rosy wanted to go shopping and as always mom told me to take her to the shopping mall. We picked up our air bikes and flew to the mall. The malls are no more the way they used to be then. They have shops floating in the air. And the way we choose clothes is interesting. Instead of the trial rooms, we have a few screens and we stand in front of them. It scans us and displays our image on the screen. Then we can try various clothes just by clicking a button. We can mark the one we want to buy and then the package reaches home. The process is as simple as that. But Rosy took an hour to select just three dresses!

 On our way back home, Rosy said that she was hungry and so was I. So, we went to an espresso shop. Inside the shop, there was a digital table from which we selected the coffee that we wanted. We also wanted to have a sandwich, so we selected the fillings and within a few seconds, the sandwich was on our table. After we finished, we headed back home.

Mom told us that the city members had organized a football match screening. We got ready for that. This is one of my most favorite things to do. We sat on our couches and waited for the match to begin. When it was time for it to start, the city lights went off. There was darkness all around. Then the screen lightened. It was at the middle of the air. Our couches started moving upwards, and within no time, all the people were up in the sky, ready for the match. The match started, and it was the best one. I enjoyed it a lot. All the people cheered for their favorite teams. Banners supporting various teams were up. And when the team won, all of us applauded with great excitement. The match was over, and the sky was covered with colorful firecrackers. The victory was being celebrated.

After the celebration was over, we came back home and it was time for us to go to bed. All of us walked to our rooms, giving voice commands to switch off the house lights.

   

© 2020 Muskan


Author's Note

Muskan
Suggestions please

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on July 3, 2020
Last Updated on July 3, 2020

Author

Muskan
Muskan

India



Writing
j j

A Story by Muskan


Thank you Thank you

A Story by Muskan


H H

A Story by Muskan