The Angel Boy and His Master

The Angel Boy and His Master

A Story by Mxlo
"

A short story of an angel boy and his master.

"

The angel boy and his master have known each other for 12 years. The first day they met was just meant to be. Although his master knew everything about him, understood him the best, angel boy couldn’t understand his master all the time. 


Today was one of those days, as his master stared out the window lost in thought, the angel boy began to play his piano. He was the best. When his master was lost and struggling to find his path the angel boy would play his piano, in hopes to lead his master back from the dark. 


What was his master thinking on days like this? Was it heartbreak, the past haunting him, the shadow of sadness swallowing him? Or maybe he was admiring the tree that sat in his front lawn? Or watching the rain fall? Maybe the drip drop of the rain had him entranced? 


The angel boy could never figure it out and would most likely never know. His master was never one to bother others with his troubles, instead he would take in the troubles of others. That’s how they met and became friends.


The angel boy began to reminisce of the old days as his own song began to entrance him. He thought of all the days he stayed up past 2 in the morning practicing the piano. The snow that was crushed under his feet as he walked 6 miles back home. The hot summer days as he walked to the music room. Even the day he lost his first competition. 


That day, that day crushed him the most. He ran off, crying, after they gave out the medals. It was spring, but the weather was particularly warm that day as his suit became drenched in sweat. As he ran out of breath, he stopped and leaned against a store’s wall, heaving and barely catching his breath. 


When he heard the ding of the store bell his master stepped out, looking around. He wanted to ask if he needed help to get his mind off the competition but he was barely getting his heart to calm down. 


“Are you okay?” His master had asked him. His voice was so squeaky at the time, the angel boy chuckled at the memory. 


“What’s funny?” The angel boy jumped at his master’s voice. “Nothing” he smirked, “What’s wrong? You were lost in thought for some time now.” 

“Nothing.” His master said. The angel boy sighed, “It’s always nothing.” His master said 

nothing. The angel boy returned the silence. 


The angel boy and his master were too much alike, if they were the same age this battle of silence would never end. 


“Let’s go.” His master finally said. 


The garden area was his master’s favorite spot, which then became the angel boy’s favorite. The garden was like stepping into a different world, a world of magic and wonder. It was easy to forget of the world in which they lived. 


“We’ve gone through enough pain of our own, don’t you think?” His master asked. The angel boy agreed, of course they have, how could he forget? “Then why have someone else bare my pain for me? You have enough on your own." His master said. 


The angel boy didn’t know if he wanted to laugh or be angry. “Then let’s say I like to worry. Now will you tell me?” His master sighed, “No.” 


The angel boy would never understand all the pain he endured. He didn’t want him to know. To his master enduring the pain was better then seeing others being hurt. 


The song the angel boy played earlier began to play throughout his mind. The sad, heartbroken, lonely song reminded him of everything he had been through. As much as it hurt to hear the song, the angel boy somehow was able to give it a sound of hope. With that he didn’t mind hearing it. 


As long as the angel boy played his song, he knew he would be fine. 

© 2021 Mxlo


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on February 27, 2021
Last Updated on February 27, 2021
Tags: angel, master, short story, music

Author

Mxlo
Mxlo

Writing
Ero's Flame Ero's Flame

A Story by Mxlo


Blue Blue

A Story by Mxlo