6 Management Styles You Cannot Miss Out! - Which Matches Your Boss?

6 Management Styles You Cannot Miss Out! - Which Matches Your Boss?

A Story by Michelle Johnson
"

The key to being an effective leader is to have a broad repertoire of styles and to use them appropriately - 6 management styles and when best to use them.

"
“How will the office be good, if the manager is horrible?” " A frustrated Simone questioned.

 “Well, my one has his values at the correct place. Thank God for him " or else work would be so boring!” " A super-happy Katy stated.

OK, before you jump the gun and remotely categorize one of them as a handsome one and the other one ‘oh so boring guy’ " lets acquaint you with the fact that it is neither.  Rather, the only point of consideration was " management styles! One was ‘I will get involved in everything and not let you function " but I want good work’ type. While the other was " ‘I will guide you " but you put in your ideas.’

“The most flexible manager gets the best from his employees!”

So, here’s a list of the management styles " that will get you the best from your employees. Take a look!

Authoritative Management style " The Boss is always right!
This is suitable mostly for the long-term scenario

Objectives:
Provides motivation via feedback and persuasion

Works best in:
A credible leader on board with clear vision

Directive Management Style " Yes Boss!
In this case, the manager is extremely blunt about his demands and minces no words.

Objectives:
To ensure that the work is done in ‘do as I tell you’ manner

Works best in:
A crisis situation is the best way to test such a manager

Participative Management Style -  Let’s do this together!
If you want to see democratic style in the corporate world, this is the domain! If your manager is someone who lends an ear to one and all, you can surely put in your inputs.

Objectives:
Combined work procedure of both the workers and employees.

Works best in:
A steady environment with workers ready to put in their suggestions is the best scenario.

Affiliative Management Style " Just calm down folks!
If your manager is the ‘work with all’ kind of a person, then his working style is that of the affiliative one.

Objectives:
The manager’s primary objective would be to ensure what people want and keep his demands and work procedure as a secondary format. The workers are given priority.

With such a manager, you can be rest assured that there will be minimal conflicts amidst people. Since he loves his work, therefore he tries to keep a calm environment around.

Remember that moment, when you had a creative tussle with your co-worker, he solved it so well!

Works best in:
This style works in tandem with other styles and is suitable in almost all the categories.

Coaching Management Style "  Look how I do it
How many times have you met such people and felt so frustrated, that you just wanted to shout " ‘I know how to do it, please!’? Well, if you have a manager " who constantly shows you how work has to be done, ‘leads by the example’, then yours is a manager cum coach.

Don’t forget that such managers are the people who help you move ahead! Sincerely!

Objectives:
Helps employees to develop their skills and ensure that they are ‘led by his action’.

Works best in:
 This is the best scenario when skill has to be developed and workers are looking for further development.

Pacesetting Management Style " You have to reach the top
Does your manager wish to have the tasks accomplished to the highest rungs of excellence? Then this is the category that he/she falls into. Maybe, you see your reflection in future? No harm!

Objectives:
Constantly urges his employees to reach the top and motivates them towards the best.

Works best in:
This works best when the whole staff has the capacity to deal with the problems with ample expertise. Also, they should be competent with minimal coordination involved.

Which of these styles do you like the most? Leave in your comments! (if possible, try to imbibe the best).

© 2018 Michelle Johnson


Author's Note

Michelle Johnson
You should really maintain your position in your office because time management is the process of planning and exercising conscious control of time spent on specific activities, especially to increase effectiveness, efficiency or productivity. I have written https://myhomeworkhelp.com/time-management-homework-help/ for students. It seems that there is never enough time in the day. But, since we all get the same 24 hours, why is it that some people achieve so much more with their time than others? The answer lies in good time management.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

We at universityhomeworkhelp.com present before our students a set of specially trained subject-experts who not have the capacity to prepare general manuals, but also provide students with detailed analytical explanation of the same. Standing by our primary aim – to provide students with required help at an affordable cost within a specific time – we have also included graphical assertions.
The repute of our academic work is well spread among one and all with multiple awards to our name. In future we intend to extend our sphere of work and include a range of aspects that have been within our purview. Send in your doubts and we will get back to you!


Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 22, 2018
Last Updated on February 22, 2018
Tags: Management, Essays

Author

Michelle Johnson
Michelle Johnson

Michigan, MI



About
Michelle Johnson started teaching for an online institute of great repute for many years back. No doubt, she was an instant hit with the students at myhomeworkhelp.com thus! Of course, her experience .. more..