Seasoned Soul (Chapter Two)

Seasoned Soul (Chapter Two)

A Story by Via

..."You look stunning.", you say. I get a chill down my spine because of how beautiful your voice sounds being spoken once again. I look up into your chestnut eyes with a spark of blue around the rim, and I easily had the urge to kiss you. But I resist the urge because I know that if I did, I would regret it for eternity. I slighty turn my head to look back at the picture of us on your table. The picture is from our first date at the carnival on The 4th of July. I remember like it was just yesterday. You picked me up at my parents house at 8pm, we rode every ride there was to ride and had the most greatest of laughs. In the picture, you were kissing my forhead and I was running my hand on your arm. I miss that. I so badly want to reach and turn the frame face down so I didn't have to remember the past. I turn back to you and then say "Thank you." in the quietest voice I can tell you almost didnt hear me. I take the letters from my hands and lay them on your lap, you take them in your hands lightly. Placing them on the table, I notice a tear fall from your suttle eye, landing on your distressed jeans. I try to hold back the tears that are settled behind my calm pain. You proceed to pick a note up , unfold it, and read it to yourself. Minutes go by with words unspoken. How long will this take? I see that you're processing each word and looking back to past with regret in your eyes. Folding the note back to the exact form, you put it down, looking at me you pull out an even older photograph, some sort of Polaroid of us....a picture of when we were babies...the first day we ever met. I then take it in my bare hands and let the tears go...

© 2015 Via


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on February 11, 2011
Last Updated on July 17, 2015

Author

Via
Via

Huntsville, AL



About
18, can't really write as well as I used to. more..

Writing
We suck We suck

A Poem by Via


God and you God and you

A Poem by Via