Unwanted

Unwanted

A Story by Maraina Cross

Alone for days, months, and year in the darkness of my tower, being shunned for what I am, a vamp wolf hybrid. My own mother didn’t want me, didn’t love me because of the filth that I am. Tainted, dirty blood runs though my veins. So I was left to the tough skinned stubborn goblin tribe, who trapped me in this tower to hide me from the world. They bring me food just as I am about to go crazy with hunger and thirst. It’s usually a squirrel or some kind of small creature that I can rip apart and drain in a minute. The small amount of food is never enough even if I have learned to deal with it.

I woke up with the familiar feeling of emptiness, inside and out. The straw bed I lay on is itchy and the blanket is starchy. Covering the poor excuse for a bed with the blanket, I got up and went to look at my reflection. Gold green eyes stared back that looked hard and shielded from any emotion with a bit of hunger leaking at the edges. My skin was pale with shape features and hair so black it shown blue in some places pulled back showing pointed ears. My hair was never cut so the goblins could climb the tower and also there were no sharp objects in my room in case I got any ideas. At that moment the shudders flew open spilling rays of sun in its wake. I immediately curled my lips back revealing sharp canines on top and bottom. A warning growl escaped my mouth as I went into a defensive stance and my pupils turning to slits and my claws came out, scraping the floor.

“Zel, insolent feral half blood, show respect for this goblin that brings you food, Master would be disappointed at such behavior and cut you off of you food for five months.” a high pitched screechy voice yelled from the window. I straighten up, skin a little red from the sun and went into the shadows. This was one of the Master Goblins servants come to give me my long needed meal. The little goblin is about three feet tall and dirty rags hung on its light green wart covered skin. Its beady black eyes looked at me warily waiting for me to settle. Finally the little thing reached into the bag around its neck and pulled out two small field mice.

“This is it? This won’t sustain me for a week let alone gods know how long!” The last word came out as a growl as I look at the dead mice and then the goblin who stared smugly but I could smell the slightest trace of fear.

“Master said this is what you get for what you did to his last servant who brought Zel food.” It was my turn to smirk. The last goblin that came after I had no food for three months, decided to throw a rock at my head to wake me resulting in me draining it and the small rabbit it brought. Since then I was band from having food for another three months and it seems that the Master is still mad at me for doing that.

The goblin gave me one last look before climbing down the tower, leaving me to eat in piece. I looked at the dead mice and pick them up draining them within seconds. There was too little meat to eat them so I through them in the corner, a goblin would come to clean up the mess and give me fresh water for washing up.  Looking back at the mirror blood still dripping down my mouth, I saw I had a slight rosiness to my cheeks, my eyes glowed more in to darkness and my hair was sleeker. The sun was starting to go down so I went to the shutters and opened them to look out at the sunset. My hair played in the sun turning purple and blue in the light. At this moment I decided I was sick of being alone, done being treated like dirt and waiting for my prince to come. I was going to get out of this prison tonight. 

© 2013 Maraina Cross


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on November 8, 2013
Last Updated on November 8, 2013

Author

Maraina Cross
Maraina Cross

WI



About
I just started to get into writing and would like to be more involved in the writing world. I am in a wheelchair and on a vent, but I don't let that stop me from going after my dreams. more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Maraina Cross