The Perfect Plan

The Perfect Plan

A Story by Mysteries of Mr.X
"

This story introduces Mr.X, who is a detective in crime branch and solves crime with his simple reasoning and deduction skills.

"

(Sunday, 10:30 a.m)

Ms. Lori was crying and shouting the words that she didn’t do it, she didn’t kill Mr. Tusk. Mr. Tusk’s body was lying on the floor with a head injury that killed him. Murder weapon a metal candle holder was lying beside him with blood all over it. Police covered the body with a sheet and took the candle holder as the weapon used in crime. Mrs. Tusk was crying badly while sitting on the couch. Ms. Joana, victims secretary was also standing in a corner and talking to the police. Mr. Tusk’s dog Pluto who was blind by birth was barking at Ms. Lori with fury so the police took him outside and tied his leash to the chair sitting outside. According to the police Mr. Tusk was killed around 11 o’clock last night.

Mrs. Tusk outraged on miss lori, crying and slapping her in bitterness. Cops stopped Mrs. Tusk and took Ms. Lori in custody.

Ms. Joana asked miss lori, as police was taking her away as the culprit, that why she would do this horrible crime and for what just for the sake of some money?.

Miss Lori was begging that she didn’t do it but no one listened. Police said mam please be cooperative or we will use force, everything points to you. You had a motive to kill him, you were the last one to see him, you don’t have any alibi and this dog recognized your smell.

what happened ? why she was accused of this crime ? what was the motive ? Was she lying that she didn’t do it ?

4 days ago _____________________

(Thursday, 9:30 p.m, Tusk’s office)

(Ring Ring! Ring Ring! ……. click!)

Miss Jaona answered the phone with a greeting, it was mrs. tusk calling hoping to have a talk with her husband as he was out of town for some business trip.

Mr. Tusk talked with her for a while than with a loving note hung up the phone.

Miss Joana said with regret ” sir, i am really sorry for what happened in japan, please forgive me it will never happen again.”

They argued for a while and after 1 hour miss jaona left the office with a pile of anger on her face.

Mr. Tusk went home after another half an hour.

Mrs. Tusk answered the door when Mr. tusk arrived home. Pluto his dog came barking to his master and started licking his face and barking in happiness. Pluto was blind by birth but Mr. tusk took him under and cared for him a lot. Pluto was loyal and very notorious dog. He played with Pluto then went inside and had dinner with his wife. After the long journey, he went for sleep early.

(Friday, 9:00 a.m)

Ding Dong!

A servant answered the door. It was Miss Lori who was Mr. Tusk’s good friend and 25% shareholder of his company. She entered the door and went straight to the living room where Mr. Tusk and Miss Joana was talking about something.

Mr. Tusk said “oh! it’s you Lori, come have a seat!”, Miss Lori sat in front of him and asked anxiously ” how did you know that it was me, without even looking?”

Mr. Tusk smiled and said ” it was your weird perfume that I recognized, even Pluto recognized that smell.”

Miss Lori smiled and asked him about the trip he went. He smiled and said” it went well for me but for you, it was not. ”

She asked “why?”

Mr. Tusk said ” this is business Lori, if i want to grow i have to let you go, so, i have decided that we will be taking your 25% shares and paying you whatever necessary. please don’t mind, its business”

Miss Lori outraged and shouted in anger and said “you can’t do this to me. When no one was there I was the one who helped you . You b*****d, you didn’t even thought of our friendship. you will pay for this tusk.”, and then she left his house with anger.

Miss Joana was standing there and asked for the permission to leave and went for the office.

Mrs. Tusk also listened to all of that but didn’t said anything as it was his personal matter. She asked tusk to drop her at hers mommas house as she was going their for the weekend and also asked for the check which she needed to deposit in her friends account.

Mr. Tusk took out the checkbook and wrote the check with his one and only favorite pen which he called tuskster. It was a gold plated pen which was a present to him from his wife at their anniversary. Mrs Tusk left for her mommas house and Mr. tusk started doing his work from home.

In the evening miss Lori called Mr. tusk and apologized for the rude behavior. She requested him to think again and asked him to meet her again but Mr. tusk was busy so he told her to come tomorrow night around 10 pm. Miss Lori agreed and then hung up the phone.

At night Mr. tusk went out with his friends and partied hard and came home around 11:30 pm and went to sleep.

(Saturday, 10 am, The Day of the Murder)

Mr. Tusk had breakfast and went for a little stroll with his dog and around 12 o’clock came back and immediately left for the golf with his friends. He played for the whole afternoon and came back around 6 o’clock in the evening.

When he came back, his servants were about to leave as their time was almost over. Pluto came out barking to him and tusk played with him for a while and then went inside and started making preparation for the dinner.

Around 9:30 pm, doorbell rang, it was Miss Lori who came here to talk with him. They sat together had dinner while discussing business.

Around 11:30 p.m Pluto started barking loudly and after a while starting moaning but no one noticed as no one was their.

(Sunday, 9:30 a.m)

Police was everywhere in the mansion and all the known suspects were called at the house. When miss Lori arrived, Pluto started barking at her and tried to bite her but servant stopped him.

Police was questioning each and every one about their where abouts around the time of the murder. Miss Lori was the last one to see him, according to her statement she left Mr. Tusk’s house around 10:15 p.m and went straight to her home where she lived alone.

According to miss joana’s statement she didn’t met Mr. tusk on Saturday and from 8 o’clock at night till Sunday morning she was with her boyfriend Tim at his house which was 2 blocks away from Mr. Tusk’s house, providing her with an alibi which miss Lori lacked.

(Present)

As police was taking miss Lori away to the police station for the murder of Mr. Tusk, a heavy sound from the other corner of the room came with words ” stop she didn’t do it.” Everyone looked towards that corner of the from where that voice came.

A little brownish Indian man was standing there, wearing a hat, long black coat and a broad smile on his face. It was Mr. X from the crime branch, who recently joined the crime branch of that city. He originally was from India but due to his crime solving extraordinary reasoning and looking for detail manner he was transferred to the city for a while as crime branch needed his expertise on this case.

He came forward and asked police to uncuff miss Lori and sat. He looked around and murmured to himself ” clever! indeed cleaver!” and smiled. He told everyone that miss Lori didn’t killed Mr. tusk, she was framed.

Everyone looked Mr. X with surprise as they didn’t understood what was happening their. Senior inspector asked him then who did it because no one else saw him or had a motive ?

Mr. X stood and while holding the end of his hat with his thumb and forefinger of his left hand, he pointed his finger of his right hand straight towards Miss Joana’s face and said ” clever! indeed cleaver”.

Miss Joana tighten her fists and shouted ” what rubbish you are talking ?, i was with my boyfriend last night ask him ? ”

Tim who was standing right beside miss joana said” yes sir, she was with me last night. As she told you , we had couple of drinks around 8:30 pm last night and went straight to my house and had sex. then she took bath around 11 p.m for around 20 to 25 min and after that we slept till morning.

Mr. X asked miss jaona ” its a nice pen. where did you get it ?”

Miss Joana said abruptly ” it’s Mr. Tusk’s pen , he gave it to me yesterday evening after his golf”.

Mr. X smiled and said ” how is that possible ? you said in your statement before that you never met Mr. tusk on Saturday ?”

Miss Joana stammered a bit and said ” oh! then that might be day before yesterday! it’s a lot of work you know, forgot to remember the day correctly. it was day before yesterday he gave me this pen in the morning when i came collect some paperwork and asked me to refill it as pen’s ink got emptied. ”

Mr. X smiled and said ” clever but not so clever!. you are really clever miss joana but made a grave mistake. you said Mr. tusk gave this pen to you day before yesterday but then how in your previous statement you exactly remembered that Mr. tusk gave this pen to you yesterday AFTER HIS GOLF ?, because if you never met him yesterday then how can you remember that he went golf with his friends ?

Everyone was silent. Miss Joana tried to say something in stammer but Mr. x stopped her and said ” OK lets say he gave it to you day before yesterday in the morning when you came to collect some paper work right ?

Miss joana said ” it’s true yes..it’s true”

Mr X said ” then how Mr. tusk was able to write a check for Mrs. tusk as she stated in her statement ?”.

Miss joana said ” that’s all circumstantial, their no hard evidence you have to blame me nor i had any motive “.

Mr. X laughed and said ” oh ! there’s proof miss Joana, let me tell all of you a story ok !”.

” Miss Joana knew about the conflict between Mr. tusk and miss Lori and she also knew about the strange perfume she puts on every time. Miss Joana had planned this murder very thoughtfully, she met with Tim yesterday at 8 o’clock at night then had drinks with her and went home with him which is just 2 blocks away from here and takes hardly 5 min to reach here and 5 min to go back. She had sex with Tim and went for bath exactly just before the time of murder, changed her clothes and from the bathroom window went outside and put on the same perfume as miss Lori did and went to Mr. Tusk’s house, as Pluto is blind he just smelled the perfume which he remembered as of miss Lori. You killed him there with the metal candle holder and fled from their, as Pluto sensed something wrong just happened he started barking and moaning and remembered the only thing that he could remember of the murderer i.e her smell. It hardly took you 10 min to go and come back to your bathroom window and 5 min more to kill him which makes total of 15 min and according to Tim’s statement you took 20 to 25 min to take bath which was more than enough time to do the crime. Finally as for the evidence you asked for, it is in you bath room miss Joana because you never had the chance of disposing the clothes you wore while committing crime and let’s say even if you washed that cloth, even then the perfume that miss Lori wore is extremely strong one which never goes away till at least 2 to 3 washes. If police will check your apartment then they can find the cloth and can even smell the perfume that you used to blind us with. case closed ! “.

Miss Joana smiled and said” case closed ? why ? you didn’t even listened that why i did it ? because he deserved it. He was a selfish b*****d who just thought of himself. He told me that he loved me and will leave his wife after the japan trip and marry me but when we came back he said you can’t do anything right. He said because of me our deal in japan didn’t went the way it was supposed to go. I also apologized to him for that but he then said that he will not marry her because I don’t deserve him and if I tried to tell his wife about our affair then he will release our sex tape in the public and spoil me. He asked me to leave the company as soon as possible. I was so furious that i tried to kill myself but then I thought why should I die, instead I planned to kill him and my planned got a perfect story when next morning that b*****d tried to cut off miss Lori. I thought that of this the perfect opportunity to make my move and planned all of this. (with a idiotic smile) I got caught just because of this damn pen. He deserved to die “. She bent on her knees and cried a lot while abusing late Mr. tusk.

Police cuffed Miss Joana and took her away.

 

Miss Lori thanked Mr. X for saving her life and in return Mr X said with a grin on his face ” There is no plan that is perfect in the eyes of Mr. X

THE END

© 2017 Mysteries of Mr.X


FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

389 Views
Added on April 1, 2017
Last Updated on April 1, 2017
Tags: Mr.X, crime, suspense, case, mystery, solving, murder

Author

Mysteries of Mr.X
Mysteries of Mr.X

Uttar Pradesh, ghaziabad, India



Writing