society

society

A Story by writer178

What kind of society do we live in? Now think about this long and hard. Once you really put deep thought into it, you will realize that society is the thing that is killing us all. People nowadays judge others based on what you wear, and how you look. Does personality, charm, and generosity even matter to anyone anymore? Should it matter what your beliefs are, or what gender you are attracted to? Is it fair that a person could be out of a job just because society says tattoos aren’t professional? Who made up these judgmental rules? That’s what I want to know. Over years I have seen people get bullied and I myself have been bullied because I am not perfect according to society’s regulations. Day after day, I just kept wondering when it was all going to stop.


We live in a world where we judge people based on how we appear and not based on the things we do. I am sure you all have seen the movie Forrest Gump. Now as you must know, Forrest did not come off as the smartest man around. But as the movie carried on, all the actions he took proved that he was a wise, intelligent, and generous person. In the movie people would always ask, “Are you stupid or something?” he would always reply, “Stupid is as stupid does.” Now how many of you know what he means by this? It comes down to stupidity is a matter of deeds, not looks. Judge people by what they do, not by how they appear. Now all I wish is that there were more people who thought this way.


I knew a girl who was bullied because of her sister had a mental illness. Now you must all think “Wow that doesn’t make any sense.” Well let me break it down for you. This girl was in sixth grade, and her sister was in seventh. All a sudden her sister started acting up. No one knew or understood why. Her sister would get into all sorts of trouble at school and at home. She started hurting herself and others. Her sister would get mad at the littlest things, get sent to group homes, brought to the police station from her home, and finally went to a mental hospital. She was then diagnosed with bipolar disorder. People at this girl’s school found out her sister went to a mental hospital and started bullying her for it. People would say, “You’re as crazy as your sister,” and “Why don’t you go join your sister at the nut house where you belong.” One day this girl was pushed into the lockers while someone said “Why are you even living?” No one knew that this poor girl cried herself to sleep every night and even thought of suicide. No one knew that four out of seven days a week this girl had to listen to her sister screaming at her or some other family member. No one knew how hard it was and people still bullied her. This girl stopped herself from suicide, but a sixth grader shouldn’t even be thinking about death. Is that the kind of world you want to live in? Do you want to be the person responsible for someone committing suicide?


Bullying happens with everything. Some people are scared to tell people who they really are because they are gay, transgender, or bisexual! I know some of you are completely against them and all I want to know is why?! Please tell me if you would like to be scared waking up scared every morning thinking “What if someone finds out i’m transgender/gay/bisexual.” Do you think they chose to be that way? Do you think they want to be made fun of? Do you think they want to be different? They just want to fit in and be accepted for who they are! I know quite a few people who are bisexual and are scared to come out and tell people because they might be judged. You might not know it but even some gay people are against bisexual people because they believe that people need to either like a man or woman, not both. This is not fair to anyone! Gays, bisexuals, and transgenders just want to be accepted like the rest of us. Please accept them!


A lot of people have tattoos. Yes? We all know that, but what we all refuse to admit is that these people with tattoos have a hard time getting a job. I don’t get this concept. Tell me, if some of the greatest scientists was covered in tattoos, would you choose not to believe that person just because of art that he decided to put on his body. A tattoo can act as a window. Through which we can see inside, or it can be a shield and protect us from those who can not see past the surface. Who knows, maybe a person covered in tattoos has the cure for cancer but society is too stupid to see past the surface of one and see what truly matters.


You know that obese person? Yeah, the one that everyone makes fun of. Well, chances are you don’t know their story. Maybe, they just have a slow metabolism. They can’t help that. Maybe, a loved one died and they had no where else to turn except to eat their feelings away. Maybe, that obese person is starving themselves everyday to try to fit in. Do you realize how hard it might be for them. If you don’t know what they’re really like don’t judge them. Chances are there is an untold story. Also,


“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -John Lennon. This speaks a lot of words to me because life is about being happy, and who can be happy when all everyone worries about is whether they will be accepted as they are. Everyone has the right to be happy. Don’t take that right away from them. Do you want to be known as a society who judges everyone or a society who accepts everyone as they are. People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. the reason the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used.


Point is if you don’t know my story, don’t judge me. If you see two guys or two girls holding hands, don’t judge them. If you see a person covers with tattoos, don’t judge them. If you see an obese person, don’t judge them. If someone has a mental issue, don’t judge them. If someone comes off as stupid, don’t judge them. Just STOP JUDGING EACH OTHER AND BE HAPPY!


© 2016 writer178


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This - whatever you want to call it - is good. An essay. An observation. This is good and everyone should read this. It shouldn't matter what people look like or what it is they are dealing with. How would you describe Forrest Gump? Slow? Aloof? How fast did he put that gun together? Pretty fast. He took care of his superior officer after the war. He took care of his friend's family. He was a good person. He wasn't stupid. Stupid is as stupid does.
People are too judgmental. You're right. It shouldn't matter what they look like. No one knows what their dealing with. There are some people who have nothing but food or alcohol to see them through their problems. You hope a friend or relative will find out about that before it's too late and help that person.
There are people who don't like how they look. There are people who are ashamed of who they like. You're right. No one can control who they're attracted to. How many people want to date someone but their afraid of what others may think of the object of their attraction. How many people are ashamed if they were really with who THEY wanted to be with. Is this person good enough? Are they good-looking enough? What would people think if they saw me with him/her? There are a lot more people who could be happier if they only cared about what they themselves think.
People were created to be loved. Things (not people) were created to be used. There are plenty of people who need to read and hear this. A lot of people out there need a lesson on what is really important in this world. More importantly, there are a lot of people who need to be reminded that they are more and better then they think they are.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
1 Review
Added on February 10, 2016
Last Updated on February 10, 2016

Author

writer178
writer178

brockton, MA



About
You don't need to know anything about me. more..

Writing