Rubatosis

Rubatosis

A Story by Britney S. Lewis
"

It has been awhile--a year to be exact. But I missed this place and I'm back with excerpts from my new manuscript--Rubatosis. Comments are always welcome.

"

Ila was still looking up at him, haunting his heart with that gaze, and she dropped her arms to wrap them around his neck, and his hands found their way to the arch of her back. They danced, and Noah told himself that if he’d ever lost the beaming soul in his arms, he would never see the world the same. He’d find himself staring at a sunset, and not seeing the colors in the sky; he’d find himself standing in the rain, and not feeling the water drip on his face; and he’d find himself in the light of the moon, but never seeing the stars shine beside it. Noah would forget the beauty in the small things�"like how the sun repeated itself day after day. He’d forget the simplicity of being with her, and he’d never want to forget that feeling.

Ila raised herself to kiss the hollow of Noah’s neck, and his body shifted because of it. She was a smooth record, and he was at ease in her arms. “Take me home,” he muttered, and she placed her head to his heart.

“You are home,” she said. 

© 2015 Britney S. Lewis


Author's Note

Britney S. Lewis
This is only a small piece, from a little chapter, in a big book that I am working on. I'll be editing soon, and then onto the "looking for an agent," phase.
All critiques are welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on October 22, 2015
Last Updated on October 22, 2015
Tags: Love, Story, Lines, Literary

Author

Britney S. Lewis
Britney S. Lewis

KS



About
#WriterSupportingWriters If you have a blog, let me know! Short Version: I am a writer made of three things: faith, love, and compassion Longer Version: --My words will tug away the string.. more..

Writing