The Little Girl Cried.

The Little Girl Cried.

A Story by Nikki
"

This was an assigment from my English class. We were all given the sentence "The little girl cried." and told to elaborate on it. I decided to write a story on it.

"

        As the worn out mother threw yet another toy into the bulging cart, the little child at her side screeched in rage as the Bratz dolls were fading from sight. Quickly ruining the small chances she had of getting the doll, the child stopped in the middle of the over-crowded supermarket. Afraid her daughter would be trampled, the worried mom jerked her child from the floor and plopped her into the seat at the top of the buggy.

       Kicking and screaming at the top of her tiny lungs the whole way to the Clothes section, the amazingly loud child continued her howling fit. Her mother couldn’t take this much longer. Jerking her from the seat, the mom whispered, “If you don’t stop this, Santa is definitely not coming.” She set the girl down ever so gently. The child quickly responded to the mother’s threat.

       A frightened look swept across the girl’s face. She was determined for Santa to come. As their day dwindled, the girl kept quiet and hoped her mother would forget this ever happened.

© 2008 Nikki


Author's Note

Nikki
be easy! this is my first writing on here, and i'm not very experienced at all!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ha. I realize it does end quite abruptly. The only reason was that my mom was bugging me to get off my laptop and go to bed! I plan on expanding it when i get a chance!

:D

Posted 15 Years Ago


It sounds great. I wanted to hear more, but it ended so quickly. Even though this is the first writing that you've posted, I see a lot more excellent ones in the future. Great work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Nikki, this is a wonderful story and I would bet this has happened to quite a few mothers. Nice write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is good, You should expand it a little, make a longer story.

Posted 15 Years Ago


It sounds like a nice start to a longer story, actually. I was quite surprised when it stopped--I expected more to happen. Right now, the story lacks a conclusion.

Is there any reason why you changed the size of the font at the end?

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 4, 2008

Author

Nikki
Nikki

:D ;D :{D :P ;)



About
I'm Nikki. I love the Twilight Saga. I love to read and write. I have lots of friends :) I play clarinet. I love music, and i think i have a genuine appreciaton for it. I love meeting new people. I'm .. more..


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I want I want

A Poem by Xavier Honre