What is it like to be a woman?

What is it like to be a woman?

A Story by n.ada
"

A woman's view on being a woman.

"

What is it like to be a woman?

It's difficult. It's exhausting, especially when you have feelings that you feel so deeply. Especially when you feel alone in the world, like no one gets it; only you get yourself. Until you see that there are other women in the world that could relate, but none nearby. We’re all in different corners of the world and we feel the same.

What is it like getting the shorthand of the stick as a woman when it comes to men?

What is that like? Laugh my a*s off, no literally. Imagine being a woman, again that feels so deeply, that you think any amazing vibe you catch from a man makes him the one for you. Imagine the hope you feel because you like him so bad and you want him to be everything you’ve ever wanted, ignoring the fact that he’s only that way because he’s caught on to what type of girl you are. Preying on your ‘weaknesses as a woman’. You get vulnerable when you feel comfortable. Many women can relate. As soon as you let your hair down, sit back and relax, that’s when they get you. They get you and they make a fool out of you, and they knew exactly how to do it. I guess some of us are just that easy to manipulate, huh?

Why does happen?

As a young girl, they put princess movies and shows on tv for you to see. For you to one day hope to become a beautiful princess with a prince who comes to save the day and you live happily ever after. Well as Monica said in ‘Why Her’, “that s**t was built on a lie”. As a woman, you actually grow up believing and craving for a prince charming to come and rescue you, take care of you, cherish you. Men don’t want to be a prince, so why do we want to be princesses for them? Why do we want to give them all of us and they only want to give pieces of themselves back? Why do we get scraps when they get everything? Men get the love from women that women want men to give to them. Isn’t that sad? Some women lose themselves in that. Destroying their lives because their hoping and wishing on an imaginary shooting star that one day they’ll get their prince charming. Ha. To be a woman is to constantly be disappointed by a man.

To be a woman is to constantly be disappointed in life until you take your power back. Until you realize that everything you need is inside of you, and the hard part is to consistently have faith in that, especially when life disappoints you.

To be a woman is to know that you are powerful, a true force to be reckon with. To be a woman is to know that you thrive best in your femininity, dark and light. To be a woman is to continuously have faith in yourself, to continuously love yourself. This journey isn’t easy at all and I’m only 23, this is just the beginning for me.

© 2023 n.ada


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on January 27, 2023
Last Updated on January 27, 2023

Author

n.ada
n.ada

About
I love to write. that's all for now. more..

Writing
Chosen Chosen

A Poem by n.ada