Fulfilling Others Needs

Fulfilling Others Needs

A Story by hyancynthstofeedthysoul
"

I lost this in the catastrophe. Jen never got a chance to read it. I will try to do a rewrite for her.

"

She is there as she is the second Thursday of every month. No matter what the weather, hot or cold, wind or rain, it makes no difference. Today she and one of her friends are huddled against a cold wind in a snowy parking lot.  The temperature is in the teens. As the cars approach they meet them with a smile.

 

''Good morning Santa,'' Jen says ''are you keeping warm?''

 

We have an expensive habit and they provide the thing to satisfy it. Actually they do not provide the service. They have friends in the alley who do that. They check us out and send us on. In the alley they are huddled together as the cars come near they seperate and as my window rolls down the man asks, ''How many?''

 

''One.'' I answer.

 

''Front seat or back?'' he asks.

 

They know me here, the front door opens and a box is placed on the front seat along with a two pound box of cheese.

 

You see my habit is not sex or drugs it is food. I as well as the others like to eat. These kind people pass out commodities to us help old timers with our food bill. What would we do without them? I can only speak for myself. Without them I would return to dumpster diving. I do not know about the others as there are only so many dumpsters and the police threaten to arrest people caught in them.

 

I for one am thankful for Jen and her friends.

© 2008 hyancynthstofeedthysoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

There are angels walking here on earth and some of us are lucky enough to interact with them. :)

Powerful lines that get to the basics:
My habit is eating. Jen and her friends pass out commodities. Without them I, and other oldsters, as well would have less to eat.

Nice write!
Stacy



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very well done. I like the personal touch of this story

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very touching, and very enlightening. It's great to have people like that out there for you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A nice piece. bringing the plight of the homeless without the preaching. I like that. I also like the way you make the reader think there is something else going on here, something more, something not quite right. Nice job here hun. XX

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
LoL, that was pretty good; yea, ya got me there for a second! I thought it was awesome; pretty funny :)

Mikey

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I loved it

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Oh you got me on that one....Excellent.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

still love the humor like to see where you go with this but i've really enjoyed what you have written so far...

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

It is funny how reading this piece you have drawn the reader down one road when only to find a completely different outlook. It is how our minds turn us into hereditary pessimist and start to pass judgement before finishing the piece.

It is good to see someone so young, beautiful and kind can enhance not only her life but the life of others.
It is a pity there are not more Jen's in the world as it is people like her that put the rest of us to shame when it comes to being the good samaritan.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

you always trick everyone when they read some of your stuff. but I still love it. Keep it going

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

369 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 14, 2008
Last Updated on February 14, 2008

Author

hyancynthstofeedthysoul
hyancynthstofeedthysoul

middletown, OH



About
A long and eventful life I have lived one. While stationed in Germany I visited every country in free Europe and the British Isles. In the U.S. 48 of the 50 only missed Alaska and Hawaii. Have worked .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..