"Sleeping" Routine

"Sleeping" Routine

A Poem by naiyannam

Every night, when the moon bedtimes the sunlight, her thoughts leave her staring off into space, while everyone else is sound asleep on their soft memory foam beds, their eyes rolled back in their pillows. Her demons decide to keep her awoken not allowing to her to be equally as comfortable as everyone else. She keeps herself distracted by watching twin boys who she claims who have saved her. She thinks she's tired but the moon swoops her up from her sleep, the constellations mission is to dance with her, happily dipping her into a frustration. She says, "she's okay," cause if she rants, she's an attention w***e. She cries

Every morning, she has to wake up at 5:45AM to go to this place she calls prison. Sometimes Hell. She wakes up to the annoying scream off her alarm clock. It has awaken her. She changed it to 5:55AM, to 6:05AM, to 6:10AM. She's still exhausted. She got four hours of sleep. She gets ready in 25 minutes because that's the time she has to catch a bus. She looks a mess and she wonders why no boys like her. She naps into, Spanish, science and math. She fails her tests and quizzes and her phone gets threatened to get taken away. Stress builds higher and higher, trying to keep her grades good, dealing with her insecurities and her "sleep." Her teachers say, "stop being so irresponsible and go to sleep earlier," but they don't know her struggle for going to sleep. She talks down on herself every night, all because she couldn't sleep. She gets frustrated. She cries.

© 2017 naiyannam


Author's Note

naiyannam
it's my first poem thing and I know this is depressing but I'll make a happier one some other day.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can relate to this. The more one wishes to fall asleep, the harder it is for some reason. I definitely have had a touch of insomnia in the past and this is very relatable to me. :) I enjoyed it. You should def continue writing more!! :) Even if it's depressing. Sometimes you need to write depressing stuff to heal yourself. I've learned that letting that sadness, or anger, or whatever emotion you're feeling flow from within you and onto the pages, it relieves you of that emotion just a little bit each time. I have some dark stuff that I posted and I've been criticized for some of it in the past to people who have read it and not really known my depression or anger or whatever emotion that is not my usual happy, positive self. But it's something I've had to endure, and it's what's made me stronger. And it's part of who I am.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
1 Review
Added on July 29, 2017
Last Updated on July 29, 2017

Author

naiyannam
naiyannam

MA



About
I lick memes more..