A Ride Under the Stars

A Ride Under the Stars

A Story by Nano Rain
"

A whole different time, still in reality.

"

                The soft vibration on my head, lying against a car window feels soothing. Bundled up in blankets, all warm and comfy. Two adults in the front seats, driving silently through the night. Soft, quiet music playing, heard vaguely in the background. And then the sky full of stars reflecting against the glass.

                I breathe out slowly, a sigh of relief. My dark eyes continue to stare out at the passing countryside. Shadowed fields of grain, barely reflecting in the moonlight. The hum of the car drones in my head hypnotically.  I can see myself in the window, just a faint outline. I watch as my eyes droop a little.

                But glowing sparks of light in the distance catches my eye and I watch as we pass a small city far away. The lights are so pretty, surrounded by darkness.         If only this could be forever. The dim light of the stars seems so much more real than reality itself.

                It’s strange… Like nighttime on the road is a whole different universe than daytime. I would throw away everything for this peace. Even though I’m alone in the backseat, I’ve never felt less lonely. As if each and every star is with me, inside my heart. Encouraging my dreams.

                My eyes drift down to the road. A dark blur I can’t make out- even the yellow stripe in the road is difficult to see. But I stare and stare until my eyes close and I can’t open them again. I fall into a beautiful dream about a sea of stars and warm cloak of darkness.  I’m just sad that soon the sun will shine in my eyes, waking me up from this paradise.

© 2011 Nano Rain


Author's Note

Nano Rain
Tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on August 22, 2011
Last Updated on August 22, 2011

Author

Nano Rain
Nano Rain

OH



About
My interests include, anime/manga, animals (specifically cats and wolves) drawing, etc. Some of my favorite books are Maximum Ride (except Fang, that stunk) Uglies, Hunger Games... My favorite mangas .. more..

Writing
The Cat The Cat

A Chapter by Nano Rain


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Nano Rain