Stalker In the Night

Stalker In the Night

A Story by Nancy Lee Shrader

 

 

 

 

Silently, he stalks the night in search of his prey. So many young girls were going out at night alone defying the odds that someone like him was lurking in the darkness just waiting to strike. You asked yourself, what will he do when he catches one alone? Is it sex that drives him every night? No, it is the lust of blood and the desire for a companion that he desires. There she is. He has caught glimpses of her for the last several nights, but she always seemed to elude him. He sniffs the air; her blood is intoxicating. He has the feeling of being a first time vampire, not the vampire of two hundred and thirty nine years. The scent of her somehow leaves him weak, but the closer he gets; he’s rejuvenated and the blood lust burns in his veins. She is all alone. He pounces. Fangs sink deep into her throat. He doesn’t see fear in her blazing emerald eye. No not fear, but surprise. He draws on her life giving liquid and she is drained in a matter of moments. His bat wings unfurl and he whisks her off to his resting place under the old log bridge near the river. He moves swiftly, deep into the mountain. He lays her in the coffin he had prepared for his bride, the vampire who will drink with him through eternity. He climbs in beside her just before dawn for their first undead sleep.

 

Night falls upon another night, but this night he is in no hurry to leave their coffin. She still sleeps and he wonders if he had done something wrong and she is not just sleeping the sleep of the undead, but is actually dead. His fear rises in his throat as a guttural sob escapes his parched lips. Then suddenly her eyes open and a silent scream sticks in her throat. She heard her inner voice erupting in her head. What has he done to me? I have been free of the curse until the moon rises, full in the sky, and only on nights of the full moon am I transformed. She looked down at her hands. Fur covered them. She reached up to touch her face and something had changed. The snout of the werewolf was not there. Her fingers explored her face and then suddenly touched the fangs of a vampire protruding from her slightly parted lips. What had she become? How could it be possible? She was now half werewolf and half vampire. He had taken her nights of freedom and turned her into a being that had not existed until this moonless night. She would no longer walk in the sunlight by day, but would return to this coffin each night. She turned toward him and roared. With her fur clawed paws she ripped him to pieces, leaving him alone in the coffin; she fled into the night. Her lust for blood now doubled and out of control.

He lay in pieces, a hand here and a foot there. How could he have made such a mistake? To attack a werewolf, and bring it back to his coffin. Sure he would heal during the night, but he would have to feast on river rats. He would not feed on warm human blood this night, and maybe never again. She would return at dawn only to rip him to pieces, and most likely keep him bound to this double coffin through all eternity, feeding on rats and snakes, whatever scurried or slithered by his eternal coffin. No beautiful companion to share his lust for blood with, only a shrew that would make being undead complete torture. He was almost completely healed when he heard her roaring as she came on four paws into his once darkened refuge. Her eyes displayed her hatred as she climbed into the deluxe coffin for two. There was blood dripping from her fangs as she stretched forth her claws one last time before they disappeared inside her human flesh and ripped open his throat before lying down beside him to sleep the day away, dreaming of tearing at his flesh the moment the sun went down on another night.

http://www.gravirka.sk/site/awards.htmhttp://ilovewerewolves.com/blog/happy-new-year/

   

 

Stalker in the Night

© 2009 Nancy Lee Shrader


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey congrats on winning that contest, you came up with a very nice idea here, I've always wandered what would happen if a Vampire came to suck the blood of a Werewolf. Really nice and different, but on thing bugged me, I mean, the story about how it happened is totally not cliche but the coffin? It's nothing major and it's just my opinion, I think coffin are way over their time in Vampire tales.

Good story!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Kudos for winning the Werewolf and Vampire Contest!

Posted 14 Years Ago


this is great, we see y it won the contest ;)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Bloody awesome!
But Vampires have advanced senses dont they? Never mind! I loved it!
Fantastic! Now where's the rest? ;)

Posted 14 Years Ago


It was wonderful.
To think a Vampire would attack a Werewolf.
I liked it but it needs something...If it's alright I put in some advice.
But shouldnt a Vampire hav a good sence of smell??? Shouldnt have known she was a Werewolf? You should put that next time. How they smelled to each other.
But other then that it was Wonderful, keep up the work.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

515 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 26, 2009
Last Updated on May 27, 2009

Author

Nancy Lee Shrader
Nancy Lee Shrader

Beckley, WV



About
Nancy Lee Shrader resides in Beckley, West Virginia. She is author of three books IS IT NOW? The End of Days! IS HE MESSIAH? Messianic Prophecies Revealed! And The Curse of Mayweather House Nancy Lee .. more..

Writing