Creepy Little Story

Creepy Little Story

A Story by narky
"

Cleansing time

"

BATH

„Well, describe the dream to me than” psychiatrist all in white with a disinterest voice. Might as well be talking to a wall. Might be easier.

“I’ve been having the same dream for 12 nights now. The same dream in the early hours of the morning. I’m in the bath and the water is pleasantly warm. The window on the wall shows the tops of the trees swinging in the wind while the sun sets and the sky bleeds. The bathroom is filled with reddish light. My hair is covered with foam and I sink to the bottom of the tub. Breathe out through my mouth count to ten and resurface. Keep my eyes closed just for a little longer, the dying sun warm on my face. One leg crosses the other at the end of the tub. Calm.

Suddenly an itch on my right shoulder. I scratch it carelessly with my left hand until I realize there’s too much wetness. Too much and smells like copper. Its blood. Red and flowing from my arm into the water. I scratch more and more, and along goes the flesh from my bones, from one arm to another, to my legs to my feet! Few of my nails are gone as they rip into my stomach and the guts start to flow out.

I jump, arm across my stomach and run for the mirror. My hand scratches my cheek and take half of the face with it; my eye almost falling out of the socket.

Blood covers my entire bathroom. The tiles, the sink, the floor. The f*****g magazines on healthy living on the bench with towels. I fall down, blood spitting from my lips.

The second before I die I wake up, in my own bed. 6:30 on the dot, every morning.

So what do you think doc, I’m crazy or what?”

The ceiling has 43 tiles and 43 again across. The Psychiatrist signs.

“No. But  I do think you are under a lot of stress. With the work, and the move. You just need to relax some more. Take a few days off and come see me in a week”

I walk out and light up a cigarette. The city looks good at this time of the day. Late afternoon, not a cloud in the sky. 30 minutes and I’m home.

The apartment is silent as always. I let my clothes fall on the floor and move towards the bathroom. The room is filled with reddish light. Time to take a bath.

© 2015 narky


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on April 8, 2015
Last Updated on April 8, 2015
Tags: horror, short story, first try, bath, creepy

Author

narky
narky

Slovakia



About
25, non native speaker more..

Writing
Hidden Heart Hidden Heart

A Story by narky


Mirror Mirror Mirror Mirror

A Story by narky