Maybe

Maybe

A Poem by Nastia

We fight and fight because we have no place to go, noone to see but the reflections of the evil we created.

Love is beauty, love is pain. But has anyone seen that love is evil. It makes me cry out in despair. Grovel at its glorious feet, begging and pleading for you to stay, just for the night. For you to embrace me like you had before, just once more.

You walk away, loving you, more than you ever did me. I have seen that walk so many times before, it took you to a place that brought you pleasure, but me such pain.

On this blissful night, i stand once more alone at the foot of my kingdom that dwindles without you here.

You are my life, my soul, my insatiable queen. You are not here, nor am i.

I take my drink and know what lies ahead, an endless abyss an end for me that has been coming since love enveloped my life.

I take a sip, and then another, i finish the glass and let it drop to the floor.

The fire that once burned inside had long ago been put out by the flames of love and your endless endevours.

I take my life, a life so empty, a life that had nothing because you had it all.

I leave you here, to head my kingdom. To hold on tight and have them fill the empty hole that will always yearn more.

Love took all I had, now i give it the rest. Maybe now you will see that I loved, that I felt and needed my queen. Maybe now, now you will value my love. Maybe...

© 2012 Nastia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on December 1, 2012
Last Updated on December 1, 2012