last breath

last breath

A Poem by Nastia

With every waking moment I fear what is real. What lives and breathes. I yearn a life which has no boundaries, no hurt, no pain. I feel my being fall through the cracks. Out of my hands and into the abyss. I hear it scream my name in pain. Hoping, willing me to catch it and make it feel sane again. Far away I see it again. Happy and smiling in another’s eyes. Taunting me, telling me that the cracks it fell to did not break it.

Now I am alone with the life I had all gone. In another’s arms and eyes I see it, knowing I did not try to save it, I did not try to maintain it. All alone I sit with the tears in my eyes, saying my last goodbyes to the life I let fall to the lonely ground where another rescued it. Here I sit on the lonely ground trying to reach what another now owns, what another now cherishes like I never could.

 I feel the world around me spin; its fangs penetrate my lifeless skin. The pain I was to feel, that I need to feel is lost in another world. I lay lifeless at my own two feet begging the life I once had to forgive me. My eyes see a light that isn’t there, and yet I realize the eyes in me can’t see. How can this be? My nose can smell the world that meant nothing to me, yet now it is all I need and want. Why is it so far out of my reach? I feel the last breath escape my body and I say goodbye to all I cared so little about. I say goodbye to the beat of my heart that had a beautiful rhythm that I never heard until I chose to let it all slip away.

© 2011 Nastia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

hello sinde thank u for your review it means alot that u think my work is good


Posted 10 Years Ago


Well captured Nastia! I like the level of metaphorical expression flowing through this piece. I like the jarring descriptions and the supernatural aspects embedded in your writing.

'...I feel the world around me spin;
its fangs penetrate my lifeless
skin. The pain I was to feel, that I
need to feel is lost in another
world. I lay lifeless at my own
two feet begging the life I once
had to forgive me...'

I felt you scribbling this part. Really heartfelt stuff.

'...My nose can
smell the world that meant
nothing to me, yet now it is all I
need and want. Why is it so far
out of my reach? I feel the last
breath escape my body and I say
goodbye to all I cared so little
about. I say goodbye to the beat
of my heart that had a beautiful
rhythm that I never heard until I
chose to let it all slip away...'

Your rhetorical questions are also remarkable. You should continue writing and improving along these lines. Thumbs up Nastia.


Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

94 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 11, 2011
Last Updated on October 11, 2011