knight just for a night

knight just for a night

A Poem by Nastia

Just for a night, just for a night, all he wants to be is a knight. A knight in shining armor, for you all he wants to be is a knight. Under the night sky he walks. Lost in his own little thoughts. Saving you is all he wants. All he needs to feel alive. So he begs the moon to shine her bright light at him. To turn him into a knight, just for this special night.

You run from your fears, praying that this dark night will disappear, knowing not that on this night of nights, a knight so lost and lonely searches for your helpless form. To save you from your fears he promises, knowing that it is the only thing his armor can provide.

You run and run, so far and wide. The fears following at your heel. While he looks in every corner for the princess he became a knight to save. This night of nights is the only time he can be a night and find his princess wherever she hides. On this night of nights, he looks for the love he calls his princess to take away her fears and make him whole again.

In a lost corner he finds his princess cowering. She backs away as though from fire, knowing not that it is he she so desires. Cowering away she sheds a tear trying to fight her own worst fears. With a slash of his sword, the knight brings the fears to their knees. They run scared away from him yet one little fear remains. The fear of him that she holds tight keeping it so close that he cant fight. ‘am I next?’ she asks herself as the sword stands not too far.

‘oh beauty, my beauty, why do you fear me so?’ he asks his fair maiden, ‘when tonight, yes on this night, I begged to be a knight. To be a knight just for this night, to be a knight for you. I slashed your fears so you can stop cowering away your life. Your fear of me is but a pointless fear, keeping you here in this darkened corner. Do not fear me I beg, as I need you to save me and give a reason for breath.’

‘all I want is to believe you oh knight, but how do I know that on this scary night you are not a mere descendant of those that make my fears come true,’ she says to him.

‘I break your fears, my power is not great enough to make anything come true, all I ask is a chance to prove that I am worthy of your trust. If this night of nights ends and you do not let me show you that it is me that you can trust then my armor will fall and all I will be is a fallen knight.’ Says the knight.

To him you reply, ‘I will take a chance, take a chance and trust what you say but tell me knight, if by the end of this night of nights I believe all you choose to tell me, what becomes of you, what becomes of us?’

‘maiden maiden if you trust me by the end of this night, my armor will fall but with it I will turn into the man I need you to see, I will turn into the man who you need me to be.’

‘what honesty I hear, I deliver you my last fear, slash it like the rest and let us see what a man you will be by the end of this night of nights my perfect knight for just one night’

 

 

 

© 2011 Nastia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

114 Views
Added on November 12, 2011
Last Updated on November 12, 2011