portrait of a dreamer

portrait of a dreamer

A Poem by Nastia

A dream i hold so close. Hoping. Praying that once it will be more than just a silly dream.
I hold a candle out to guide the path. The path the dream should take to be what i need it to be. A path full of sorrow. Full of twists, full of thorns it can not forsee. 
Is this a dream or a path to reality. Silly me. A dreamer with a dream. With no way to make it real or seal its fate. Silly me for wishing it to be something it is not meant to be. But how to know what is a dream and what is reality and how to make a dream more than just a dream.
The candle dims as i loose hope. The twists and thorns within our path, far too great for me to pass with the lost hope that i now have. 
Oh dream oh dream. I live a dream. A dream so great, a dream so unforseen. Oh dream oh dream, lead me to reality. Show me where i need to be. Show me where you become more than just a dream. More than what i need. Help me cross the path unknown to reach your depth, to reach you.
Oh dream oh dream, become my reality, for without that i am but a silly dreamer, with no hope, with no reason.
Hold me tight oh dream, let us be one and cross this path and make what i once dreamt be a reality.

© 2011 Nastia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

hey tax 4 dat!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


You took your own "path" with this one... and it lead to a rarely seen "garden".
Thank you.

Take care,
Chris

Posted 12 Years Ago


why tahnk u guys that means alot =>

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nicely done! Without being too sappy you've captured the longing of the dreamer which we can all empathize with.

Posted 12 Years Ago


When you dream it, it will happen. Lovely poem. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 12, 2011
Last Updated on November 12, 2011