Shadow

Shadow

A Poem by Nastia

The shadows fall across the room. shimmering in the glaring candle light. Each representing all that i own, all that i can call my own. meek shadows are all that surround me. Meek shadows and among them my own shadow.A shadow that stands on its own that i now see is no longer my own. Taking in every breath, stopping to smell every glistening flower, it is the shadow of who I once was.


I switch on the light to get rid of my shadow, to get rid of the shadow of the me that I once was. I praise the blaring light for taking away the shadows, for taking away the memory of who I will never be, I praise the light but it turns away. It turns away from my lonely soul. It turns away from my broken dream, it turns away and in comes the slight darkness followed by the endless shadows.The candle brings my shadow back to life. 


'Shadow, Shadow' I say to it, 'What am I if you are the one who is so alive? Shadow, Shadow, tell me now, are you a part of me or am I a dying part of you?" the shadow looks at me, piercing me with its golden heart willing me to see what is inside, it says not one word as it shakes its head and turns away. I scream and wail in my dispair knowing not what I am today.


I look around at what i have created, i look around at the shadows that speak no words but say so much. they tell a tale of who I have become, of who I cannot face. I blow out the candle that glimmers and glares that illuminates my worst fears. I blow out my candle and cry to myself, thanking God that the shadows do not see my tears.


A silent whisper falls upon my ears, stealing my breath and closing my eyes to the darkness within. the words fall so true and real, caressing my wheeping ears and yet i sit so sad and lonely unable to understand the silent whisper that my ears hold so very dear.


How shallow must I be for my shadow and the voice within to speak no words to my weakend brain. To communicate only with the parts that accept what I will never be. To shisper so silently and make my being shiver with gratitude yet I cannot understand the words.


How did i loose sight of the me inside? Why did my light abandon me? 


The Darkness creeps and crawles around the lonely Me, Myself and I that i have so sadly become. it envelopes me and takes my breath and as I surrender it gives me back to my lonely room, repeating this till I am out of breath, I hear its evil bellowing laughter coming from deep inside. It raises up to my throat and I release this menacing laugh that is not mine. It envelopes me in its splendour and creates a freedom that I had long but forgotten. 


I smile to the Darkness and accept my fate. 'I am part of you, I now see, Darkness you are my only thing I need'.

© 2012 Nastia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on April 16, 2012
Last Updated on April 16, 2012