I owe you everything

I owe you everything

A Poem by Nate Olds

My travels and trials bring me back to a inadequate mindset that I can't seem to shake
Take what I make with my mind and hands that are worn to break
and grab my brain by the reins and just cast a permanent shadow over all the things I fake.
When curtains close and my mind's walls break, I can at least have faith that the stake you put in my life changed me for the better.
All my sleepless nights, unnecessary fights, and my desire to walk away from that light all became the inspiration that allows sensation to drip from my veins in unparalleled persuasion.
Every interpersonal divide in my life that I helped to arise have given me lessons that I no longer despise, but cherish and see through new eyes.
I no longer wonder why it was me with this angst, because all I have left is thanks and grace.
Thank you to all those people who pushed me away and had me deducted from their life so I could live astray.
Every broken bond and every lack of conversation that stemmed from such days allow me to think in my own new way.
Every fall out and every feeling of lips and hands tied help me to disguise and distance myself from the person I used to wish I'd be.
I owe you everything and in between for allowing me to see and perceive myself for who I want to be and not just who I thought I was.
It's obscene that my dreams are now within reach and all the hurt I held within me, derived from those who I thought loved me, are now far beneath me.
The sky is my limit and I owe every ounce of my work ethic to those who won't be here to stand by my side and witness the person that they created, who now flies and does not lament over their uncaring eyes led to reprise over due time.
I am a new person and I can stand and live with the fact that my future is no longer an hourglass full of sand, but the future of a self-realizing man with a plan who hopes to understand the energy I create with my own two hands.

© 2017 Nate Olds


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
Added on June 13, 2017
Last Updated on June 13, 2017

Author

Nate Olds
Nate Olds

Grand Rapids, MI



About
college-educated business professional with a guilty pleasure for spoken word poetry. more..

Writing
Heretic Heretic

A Poem by Nate Olds


Pain(t) Pain(t)

A Poem by Nate Olds